• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Battlefield 4 - First Expansion revealed - DRONE STRIKE

Raven77

ppqiv1q.jpg

Obviously, could be fake, trying to get more info on it now.
Looks like the pre-order promo boxes that sit around retail locations. Also, if they are going to start pre-orders and offer a DLC expansion as part of the bonus for pre-ordering, it makes sense to at least give it a name.

Drone strike could imply a few things:

Drones were a big part of Battlefield: 2142.

Also could be a sign of KILL STREAKS making their way into BF 4.

Also, also, could be related to expanding the capabilities of the Commander? Maybe the commander can lay down some heat on the enemy with this expansion.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
it's not a game. pre-order to pilot your very own drone strike on a pakistani village over XBL.

LuuKyK

Cant wait for the time that EA will make you buy the expansion as the game and buy the full game as DLC later on or as preorder bonus.

Salsa

honest: im okay with this if it's free on pre-orders, like Karkhand

I could bitch all day about the practice but the BF3 DLC was all so good that i'd be a hypocrite

Why is everyone assuming this will be release day one?

It wasn't the case with Back to Karkand

Because these expansions are much more then just "map packs".

Yeah, we should just reopen one of the "Preorder BF3 to receive Back to Karkand" outrage threads from two years ago.

Cartman86

Banned
Its nice that people have an aversion to drones, but you should have an aversion to all aspects of war if you really care about collateral damage.

Chaplain

They already announced it for Fall 2013.. where do you see ps4 in that pic though?

Not from the pic, but from the EA conference call saying that the game was coming to PS4. The poster just provides the last peace of evidence that it will be a launch (or launch window) title from all of the info that has been revealed to date.

Darklord

Banned
Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind or a fool. They did it with BF3, it was a huge success, why would anything change?

dorkimoe

Seeing stuff like this, months before the games even released depresses me.

yeah its seriously killing gaming for me. Not even being overdramatic. I cant stand looking at the release of a new game and then realizing that DLC is already announced and coming out a week after the release

THe game doesnt even have a release date, and odds are they arent even 80% done with the game itself...they could still put this IN THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.

Havent bought a single player game full price in along time, because of this day 1 and now day negative DLC

Recall

So, this pic pretty much confirms BF 4 will be launching this year, and will be available on PS4. Good to know.

It states the DLC will be available in the fall, how does that mean it will be on PS4? Battlefield DLC is usually not released when the game launches, it comes some time after.

Where is this PS4 fact? I see no logo. You are just assuming.

RiverBed

Banned
Why would an expansion pack have the same art as the main game? But on the other hand, it could be a promotion for the game with the first expansion added for free with pre-orders ala Stike at Karkand.

In any case, all I'm focusing now is seeing the MP. They blew me away with the SP already. Now it's time for glorious MP with naval weather and destruction like nobody's business.

Valnen

Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind or a fool. They did it with BF3, it was a huge success, why would anything change?

Haven't they been doing the multi-expansion thing for Battlefield since pretty much forever? Not sure why people are freaking about this at all.

yeah its seriously killing gaming for me. Not even being overdramatic. I cant stand looking at the release of a new game and then realizing that DLC is already announced and coming out a week after the release

THe game doesnt even have a release date, and odds are they arent even 80% done with the game itself...they could still put this IN THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.

Havent bought a single player game full price in along time, because of this day 1 and now day negative DLC

It took 2 months for Back 2 Karkand to be released. Just like games are planned way in advanced, so can it's expansion packs.

Haven't they been doing the multi-expansion thing for Battlefield since pretty much forever? Not sure why people are freaking about this at all.

EA

AppleMIX

Drone strikes are a sensitive subject in America right now.

Expansion packs are supposed to come out in the coming months and years after a game's release, not at the same time!

Most the people who make the physical content of the game are done with the game. The last months are bug testing and Q&A. Having developers work on DLC during this phase is completely fine. Back to Karkand released 2 months after launch.

That is an immensely stupid name, and all but confirms that they're cutting content out now which is planned as DLC.

I mean, the sane among us know that companies pull this bullshit, but it's just one more strike against DLC.

Top Bottom