• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible hint at AMD's next-gen APU (codename: Gonzalo) - 8 cores, 3.2GHz clock, Navi 10-based GPU

Shin

Banned
Updated specs (click the image), which as far as I can see reads as 1800Mhz (3.6Ghz) on the GPU.

I believe the breakdown is as follows Gonzalo --> Xbox, Ariel is PS5, internal names given by AMD.
The prospect is interesting and raises the question as to how big of a difference a dev-kit normally is vs the retail model, because if it's a 62CU (64 with 2 disabled -> 62) you'd end up with a 14.29TF dev-kit.
Dev-kit because if you follow the conversation that's what Apisak seems to think it is, strangely and funny enough some websites ran with 14.20TF as potential spec for the PS5 last year (though this is for the Xbox).

Last edited:

Vlaphor

These lower clock speeds always seemed weird to me. I know there are physics reasons why we can't go too much higher, but my I 4790k is 4 years old and has a base clock of 4ghz, so seeing a company brag about how their CPU is 3.2ghz is just weird.

I know it's all about cores and efficiency and feature sets, but my numbers are still higher...

onQ123

Updated specs (click the image), which as far as I can see reads as 1800Mhz (3.6Ghz) on the GPU.

I believe the breakdown is as follows Gonzalo --> Xbox, Ariel is PS5, internal names given by AMD.
The prospect is interesting and raises the question as to how big of a difference a dev-kit normally is vs the retail model, because if it's a 62CU (64 with 2 disabled -> 62) you'd end up with a 14.29TF dev-kit.
Dev-kit because if you follow the conversation that's what Apisak seems to think it is, strangely and funny enough some websites ran with 14.20TF as potential spec for the PS5 last year (though this is for the Xbox).

Arial is a code name for the PS5 GPU & Arden is a code name for Xbox Scarlet GPU

Shin

Banned
Arial is a code name for the PS5 GPU & Arden is a code name for Xbox Scarlet GPU
It is unknown (follow your link) and most likely the names are as I wrote in my previous post because naming them both Gonzalo as platform would be confusing to AMD.
Arden sounds like something Microsoft named it internally after, especially after reading who wrote first about it.

These lower clock speeds always seemed weird to me. I know there are physics reasons why we can't go too much higher, but my I 4790k is 4 years old and has a base clock of 4ghz, so seeing a company brag about how their CPU is 3.2ghz is just weird.

I know it's all about cores and efficiency and feature sets, but my numbers are still higher...
When you're not using Desktop CPU's it's a little harder to hit 4Ghz and manage heat.

onQ123

It is unknown (follow your link) and most likely the names are as I wrote in my previous post because naming them both Gonzalo as platform would be confusing to AMD.
Arden sounds like something Microsoft named it internally after, especially after reading who wrote first about it.

Look in the OP the chip connected to the Gonzalo name is also connected to the Arial name

Don't you think it would be a little weird for 13e0 - 13f7 to be connected to Arial then they just jump to 13f8 being Xbox Scarlet GPU?

13E9 = PCI-ID : Navi 10LITE

nJmYdV.jpg

Ixy4EQ.jpg

Last edited:

Shin

Banned

Dabaus

Banned
Anything over 13 Teraflops would be Incredible but im expecting 11ish, which I still think would be fine.

Shin

Banned
GDC ended yesterday and nothing circling the net about dev-kits or specs.
The first leak/word about PS4 dev-kit was around 2-4+- weeks after GDC 2012 so we'll see.
Came across this rumor from some small channel, the raw power and CPU clock is interesting.

I'm starting to think all these talks of dev kits were bs.

GDC is over and there isn't even a twitter tease that so and so saw something interesting or amazing behind closed doors.

I don't think there will be anything to talk about until the MS conference in June at the earliest.

It's looking like Google's Stadia could have a full year headstart on the nextgen console space before MS or Sony show up with similarly spec'ed local hardware... That is worrying.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
The first leak/word about PS4 dev-kit was around 2-4+- weeks after GDC 2012 so we'll see.
Came across this rumor from some small channel, the raw power and CPU clock is interesting.

Completely fake.
As soon as he mentioned boost clocks for the CPU and then the low memory bandwidth I knew it was fake.

CPU boost is unlikely, but if it is included it will be much higher than 3.3Ghz, it would be around 3.8-4.1Ghz if using Zen 2.
Memory bandwidth will not be under 650GB/s.

Meh3D

I believe it was just coincidental timing. I think part of the expectation in these rumor/speculation threads was that developers would be picking up "dev kits" and thus the leaks would begin during/after GDC.

Which is pretty stupid when you think about. GDC is open to the public (provided you pay the registration fee) and anyone walking out with any "dev kit" is basically making that public. Again, GDC is public and open to anyone and everyone. If anyone is walking out of Microsoft/Sony's booth with a "discreet brown box" big enough to hold such a thing there would be someone there to capture it on any platform that could broadcast it.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
I don't see why people expect any news from GDC on that front.
NDAs are a thing and it would be dummest thing to leak anything at GDC where everything has paper trail.

If anything will leak it will be at random.

Last edited:
Top Bottom