• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
EmCeeGramr said:
I hope it's supposed to be an S, because there's no way they should be announcing MGS5 so soon.

MGS4 was announced about a year after MGS3 came out. Seems like an appropriate amount of time.

Darkpen

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
looks like an S. From the first MGS4 trailer...

untitled-2880.gif
IIRC, the MGS3-engine MGS4 trailer had a moment where it flashed the M vertically, as an E (or maybe a 3), so I wouldn't be surprised if they were toying with the font

panda21

I think I've cracked it:

Announcement of announcement -> Yo Dawg! I heard you like announcements, so i put an announcement in your announcement.. -> Pimp my ride -> Pimp my MGS -> MGS4:Substandard

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
The Carnival is staying for 90 hours more! :D

BigBoss

Darkpen said:
IIRC, the MGS3-engine MGS4 trailer had a moment where it flashed the M vertically, as an E (or maybe a 3), so I wouldn't be surprised if they were toying with the font

I wonder if we get a similar trailer for MGS5, it would be appropriate if Kojima decides to direct.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
panda21 said:
I think I've cracked it:

Announcement of announcement -> Yo Dawg! I heard you like announcements, so i put an announcement in your announcement.. -> Pimp my ride -> Pimp my MGS -> MGS4:Substandard

:lol

Atrus

Gold Member
Hmm... from all the weather symbols I can only conclude that it's the next-generation Boktai game we've all been wanting.

It seems that with each finished countdown, there will be a new flash animation, at least that's what SWF Decompiler implies based on the frame.swf: The dates are 5/18, 5/22, 5/27 and 5/30. So still two more weeks!

BigBoss

Prime Blue said:
It seems that with each finished countdown, there will be a new flash animation, at least that's what SWF Decompiler implies based on the frame.swf: The dates are 5/18, 5/22, 5/27 and 5/30. So still two more weeks!

That would royally suck.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Metal Gear Solid: Sunboard !

SUNDBOARD,%20ICA.jpg

VegaShinra

Y2Kev said:
It's just going to be another countdown. It's not getting revealed until E3.
If each weather pattern follows in this suit, then it'll lead us to E3. It could end on June 2 and it may be a Wii title. Snatcher Wii!

iceatcs

if it is really four days each weather it will end up 2nd June, the same day as both the Nintendo and Sony E3 conferences.

[Edit] not sure, it was 3rd I think. Maybe Konami conferences

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
iceatcs said:
if it is really four days each weather it will end up 2nd June, the same day as both the Nintendo and Sony E3 conferences.

Haha, well, Kojima was at Sony's briefing before... maybe he will again :O

Prime Blue said:

the timeline seems to coincide with this images

9potcj.jpg

we're on lightning now, I bet at 5/22 we'll move on to the next logo with a new hint. all of these lead to E3 countdown for the big reveal.

edit: so we can probably said this the ultimate countdown for another countdown for another countdown all the way to E3. and it's just a big tease anyway. the announcement is at E3

Guled

Prime Blue said:
so we have an announcement of a teaser of a teaser of a teaser of a teaser of an another teaser of an announcement. Dose anyone else think this is ridiculous

Maybe "5" is the numbers of countdown we have to wait for the game to be finally revealed.
This image shows other 4 icons, probably for the "loading screen" :D
9potcj.jpg

.GqueB.

Banned
Its ZOE3 guys:

The number flashing is 5
There have been two ZOE games
5 - 2 = 3

ZOE3

I KNOW ITS A STRETCH BUT I CAN DREAM!@!!!

MGS 5 already? No MGS4: Senescence? That kinda sucks. VR Missions and Substance fully exploited the possibilities of the previous games' potential. MGS4 definitely had a lot of gameplay that could be further explored.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Shurs said:
But in America, it's the 17th, not the 18th. So in America wouldn't the countdown end on May 31st, not June 1st?
You are correct. The page would update about 10-15 hours before E3 starts, most likely with a final teaser before an E3 reveal.

Guled

comedy bomb said:
Well that settles that. There's gonna be a 360 version of whatever this is.
not really, June 1st in Japan = May 31 here. If it was on the 360 the countdown would end on June 2.

Top Bottom