• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Karma Kramer said:
Can anyone give a quick summary of whats going on here?
2cdydkw.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AceBandage said:
Meaning it could just be something like "See you at E3!"
Also true, I never said it wasn't. It could actually just be a fifth timer that goes until Konami's E3 press conference even.

kh2masta

could everyone be over thinking this and this could be the next game in the boktai series cause there is arleady four boktai series games out and rain could be the new weather interface

By the way, that's RagnarokX's perfect follow up to his epic image that precisely captured the spirit of the first Carnival of Stupid. It was sadly overlooked when he posted it earlier in this thread.

kh2masta said:
could everyone be over thinking this and this could be the next game in the boktai series cause there is arleady four boktai series games out and rain could be the new weather interface

Or it could be something completely unexpected.
Didn't Kojima say he wanted to work on a new IP after MGS4?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Arandur said:
I think that the E3 begins the 6/2 this year.

Nintendo's conference is first day of E3, just like Microsoft one, what about a spinoff about Raiden in Wii, with Wii Motion Plus for the sword? ;).

Internet will disapear in a black hole if that's true :p.

June 1st is the MS conference. June 2nd is Nintendo then Sony.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Arandur said:
I think that the E3 begins the 6/2 this year.

Nintendo's conference is first day of E3, just like Microsoft one, what about a spinoff about Raiden in Wii, with Wii Motion Plus for the sword? ;).

Internet will disapear in a black hole if that's true :p.
E3 does officially start on June 2nd, but Microsoft and (at least last year) EA hold their press conferences one day before the show starts. Nintendo and Sony run their press conferences on June 2nd, so technically Nintendo does go on the first day of E3, but we do have press conferences prior to that.

Edit: Beaten.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So we'll find out in 4 DAYS!

But yeah, MGS5.

I really hope it's not about Raiden and Sunny. Argh. But it's MGS5. Not a new MG series.

:(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do these acronyms mean anything to people by the way? They're each associated with one of the five countdown timers, except one of them. I think it's the last one that's not since it doesn't start with an "e".

9vgo5h.jpg

EXGN

I'm hoping its a countdown to Friday, which is when the Famitsus are released in Japan, meaning we'll know Tuesday, but I guess I shouldn't kid myself.

Is this the longest announcement teaser we've had yet? This shit's ridiculous.

I feel like Kojima's really pulling our leg here.

MGS5 is just too obvious. We'll probably end up being totally surprised by what this is really all about..... ...hopefully.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nah this is definitly MGS5. People always exaggerate about him "messing with our minds", he only did that in MGS2. People though it wasn't really Big Boss in MGS3's trailers, and it was. Heck he even showed the whole game before releasing it. Same with MGS4, "OMG it's not old Snake! It's Solidus!!!", etc. And it was old Snake.

LegendOfGood said:
I feel like Kojima's really pulling our leg here.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking seeing so many announcements of announcements ahead of us. He's taking the announcments-of-announcements trend and extending it far beyond the kind of absurdity Keighley and his ilk have taken. We have an announcement for each of Keighley's infamous hours.

Slurmer

Banned
Revelations said:
Nice try. :lol

Are you saying this to the guy that posted the pic, or the one that pointed out that the final teaser starts/ends on the day before E3 starts?

Someone said it already, but the final one will probably simply say something like "See you at E3!"

Ether_Snake said:
Nah this is definitly MGS5. People always exaggerate about him "messing with our minds", he only did that in MGS2. People though it wasn't really Big Boss in MGS3's trailers, and it was. Heck he even showed the whole game before releasing it. Same with MGS4, "OMG it's not old Snake! It's Solidus!!!", etc. And it was old Snake.

It could be a Subsistence/Substance game. As someone pointed out, they've used an S that looks like that before with MGS4.

Turk

I don't get the frustration with having to wait on a Kojima / Metal Gear announcement.

These are the same people that show you kick ass trailers 2 years before a game comes out!!!!!

iceatcs said:
He's right, I mean the countdown just start few ago for 18th in Japan and USA not even on 18th yet

But I'm not saying it's deffo off on 360.

Ending on May 31st US time dosn't change the timeframe of which it ends though. Which is right before the day of MS conference. That is if it dosnt start right back up again after that stop.

The alternative is this timer could be set to US time. Shocking I know but it is still a possibility.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SolidSnakex said:
It could be a Subsistence/Substance game. As someone pointed out, they've used an S that looks like that before with MGS4.

I'm really thinking it's this. Not going to get my expectations up beyond that to avoid disappointment.

Concept17

templeusox said:
He all but said MGS5 was in development at GDC, so...yeah.

As neat as MGS is, I would really love to see the team work on a new IP. Would love to see some new characters develop in an entirely different universe.

Top Bottom