• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Slurmer

Banned
Revelations said:
Ending on May 31st US time dosn't change the timeframe of which it ends though. Which is right before the day of MS conference. That is if it dosnt start right back up again after that stop.

The alternative is this timer could be set to US time. Shocking I know but it is still a possibility.

May 31st is also the day before all the E3 festivities.
And it's not set on US time. The first date says "5/18"

Just saying...nothing is certain at all. Don't let this be an MG Touch part deux

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
flabberghastly said:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking seeing so many announcements of announcements ahead of us. He's taking the announcments-of-announcements trend and extending it far beyond the kind of absurdity Keighley and his ilk have taken. We have an announcement for each of Keighley's infamous hours.

Err no, Konami decided to announce in Famitsu that something was coming. The game will be revealed by next Thursday (93 hours to go), in 3.8 days, hence probably in the next Famitsu, so it is only logical that they decided to announce it before.

You guys are always doing that "Kojima is messing with our minds thing" and it's always false.

Turk

Jason's Ultimatum said:
It's raining outside. Is Kojima doing this?
YES
untitled.jpg

Ether_Snake said:
Err no, Konami decided to announce in Famitsu that something was coming. The game will be revealed by next Thursday (93 hours to go), in 3.8 days, hence probably in the next Famitsu, so it is only logical that they decided to announce it before.

It'll probably just be another teaser image.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
smokeymicpot said:
The five can mean five days left.

But 93:24=3,8 days. And that font used for the "5" is the same used in MGS4.

It totally smells MGS5 with Raiden (lightning) to me. Call it worst kept secret ever if you want. :D

iceatcs

Suppose noone know if this countdown will only one or more, i think we should wait till this countdown end and see what's happen. Then we might know what those dates for.

Turk

TTP said:

It totally smells MGS5 with Raiden (lightning) to me. Call it worst kept secret ever if you want. :D

They've been using that font since MGS2 in 2000

Promo-%20MGS2%20Press%20Kit.JPG

E3 Conference timing:

* Microsoft Corporation (June 1, 2009 09.00am PST)
* Nintendo (June 2, 2009 09.00am PST)
* Sony Computer Entertainment (June 2, 2009 11.00am PST)

Microsoft's conference is in June 1st and June 1st is the revelation date. Kojima Pro has never shown anything in their website before any conference and it looks like it is coinciding with Microsoft's conference.

Game over man. Game over!

Shurs

shagg_187 said:
E3 Conference timing:

* Microsoft Corporation (June 1, 2009 09.00am PST)
* Nintendo (June 2, 2009 09.00am PST)
* Sony Computer Entertainment (June 2, 2009 11.00am PST)

Microsoft's conference is in June 1st and June 1st is the revelation date. Kojima Pro has never shown anything in their website before any conference and it looks like it is coinciding with Microsoft's conference.

Game over man. Game over!

You're wrong. Timer ends or restarts on May 31st.

Shurs said:
You're wrong. Timer ends or restarts on May 31st.
SHUSH YOU!

Oh and NOTHING major will be revealed until E3. Only the clouds will change (as shown in the thumbnails leaked containing rain and sun and exclamation marks). I'll just be waiting for what's flashing in the back. Hopefully that'll help (or not!).

Shurs

Here's another odd thing about the timer.

It starts on the 18th.
It starts again on the 22nd. 4 days.
It starts again on the 27th. 5 days.
It starts again on the 30th. 3 days.
It starts again on the 1st. 2 days.

Odd how that works.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
flabberghastly said:
Have you missed the posts discussing the evidence in the .swf file for more countdowns? This shit won't end until E3.

We already know that over the next few days it will go from:

Thunderstorm
Rain
Less Rain
Sunny

mgs_clouds.jpg

So tomorrow will be rain.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Can't someone just call Kojima? :/

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
TTP said:

I don't want a MGS5 already. Trying to think of what it can be besides MGS.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Ok I suck at crackin codes :(

25ixd8n.jpg

BigBoss

smokeymicpot said:
I don't want a MGS5 already. Trying to think of what it can be besides MGS.

Just because they announce a new MGS doesn't mean its going to be released anytime soon, an MGS game has at least 3 years of development time so were looking at June 2011 at the earliest for MGS5.

jrricky

Banned
Wait...I thought this was announced already........?????????//////

Stupid GAF, title change please.

EDIT:scratch that, its a continuous 3 days, every 3 days that pass add another 3 days. :O

Aenima

Why ppl insist so much in a MetalGear Game? Does the image or border gives you any clue about that? No. The border of the image was even ripped of from Planet Terror movie. It gives a dark feeling about the image, so im positive the game will be a new IP, probably something around a survival horror, or scary mysterious to unveil in a remote village/mansion in the middle of nowhere.

Mark my words a new IP is coming... or not. :p

RagnarokX

Ether_Snake said:
We already know that over the next few days it will go from:

Thunderstorm
Rain
Less Rain
Sunny

mgs_clouds.jpg

So tomorrow will be rain.
So 7 raindrops > 13 raindrops?

Someone already had a theory that they represent the 5 acts of MGS4, and the 4th symbol represents a blizzard.

Top Bottom