• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It is definitly going to be Raiden reliving the memories of Big Boss, it ties in perfectly to his post MGS2 and pre MGS4 actions, and it makes perfect sense as a result. We'll probably get to live the "rest" of the memories for a part of the game too (start off as Raiden, get your head chopped off, go on the operation table, hooked up to The Patriots AI, relive Big Boss' memories, play as Big Boss, wake up as Cyborg Raiden,
find Big Boss' body
etc.).

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Bit-Bit said:
I was one of the first people in this thread waaaaaay back saying that the teaser is for a Raiden game. My theory was based on the clouds looking like lightning clouds.

But here is another prediction that's going to blow ya'lls mind.

Raiden is related to Grey Fox!

I've always thought about this because they had similar upbringings. Fought wars as a child, the use of sword, similar appearance, used as a test subject for war. Raiden fought in the Liberian civil war, while Gray Fox fought in the Mozambiqian(sp) civil war. Similar lives, but still no concrete proof of blood relation.

FuzzyDunlop said:
hm yes 360 and ps3 are there. but i think we're forgetting that the only people who give a shit are fanboys so i really cannot see kojima or konami putting it in a teaser. not to mention that you guys are counting the 3 twice.

Given how much he was asked about MGS4 on the 360, I could see him including both in a teaser as a way of saying "Hey, it's going to be on both this time". Everyone should be happy..Well, everyone that owns a PS3 or 360.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Ether_Snake said:
It is definitly going to be Raiden reliving the memories of Big Boss, it ties in perfectly to his post MGS2 and pre MGS4 actions, and it makes perfect sense as a result. We'll probably get to live the "rest" of the memories for a part of the game too (start off as Raiden, get your head chopped off, go on the operation table, hooked up to The Patriots AI, relive Big Boss' memories, play as Big Boss, wake up as Cyborg Raiden,
find Big Boss' body
etc.).

Possibly the reason why he awakens as a badass soldier, and not the whiner that he was in mgs2.

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
find Big Boss' body
etc.).
oooooooh, I love this idea :D :D

Crisis

Banned
Again I haven't seen anything in any teaser that suggests it's for PS3 or 360. We just assume it's for PS3 or PSP because of the information and teasers we have from magazines are all PS-centric.

Darkpen

Banned
TalonsOfJustice said:
I've always thought about this because they had similar upbringings. Fought wars as a child, the use of sword, similar appearance, used as a test subject for war. Raiden fought in the Liberian civil war, while Gray Fox fought in the Mozambiqian(sp) civil war. Similar lives, but still no concrete proof of blood relation.
This. Not to mention, Solidus says he killed both of Raiden's parents, but who's to say he's telling the truth, or better yet, he's misinformed. But I do doubt he's related to Gray Fox.

Another parallel is BB and Fox's relationship to each other sort of mirrors that of Snake and Raiden (but to a significantly lesser extent). Or even Naomi to Sunny, but again to a significantly lesser extent.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
TalonsOfJustice said:
Possibly the reason why he awakens as a badass soldier, and not the whiner that he was in mgs2.

That, also, especially if he's going to get a close view of Gray Fox through Big Boss' memories, if he doesn't outright relive Gray Fox's memories in this game, while the Big Boss memories will be the ones we already know of from MGS3 and MPO.

Hy_

It's a prequel with Null and Big Boss. Null will be voiced by Quinton Flynn, in the same manner that Naked Snake was voiced by David Hayter in MGS3.

PLEASE KOJIMA!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
sprocket said:
I still say it would be ore bad ass if raiden is a clone of grey fox. and thats actually grey fox being shown :D

You'd think Snake would have reacted to that in MGS2:p

Darkpen said:
This. Not to mention, Solidus says he killed both of Raiden's parents, but who's to say he's telling the truth, or better yet, he's misinformed. But I do doubt he's related to Gray Fox.

Another parallel is BB and Fox's relationship to each other sort of mirrors that of Snake and Raiden (but to a significantly lesser extent). Or even Naomi to Sunny, but again to a significantly lesser extent.

After all that
'history repeats itself' motiff crap that was shoved down our throats at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4
I would not be surprised.

FtsH said:
the "e" is difficult...
im guessing this is sarcasm...

if you mean it means e3, yes, that is probably true.

but it doesnt fit with the ps360 interpretation.

this is what people are saying. some of the letters/numbers are what platforms its on, some of it is e3 (oh, excuse me, just "e" since the 3 has already been used over its allowance) and the R is there just to fuck with our heads

360 confirmed!

people are just picking and choosing and seeing what they want to see when in reality it probably stands for something we will never figure out. i would not be surprised if when we get the game we still didnt know what the fuck the letters and numbers mean. its meant to get us excited, not to tell us something important or give clues. Mission accomplished

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ether_Snake said:
It is definitly going to be Raiden reliving the memories of Big Boss.

Why would he be reliving Big Boss' memories again? I don't recall the story of 4 all that well.

Ether_Snake said:
find Big Boss' body
etc.).
And look at the current countdown with the black/white flash of Big Boss. In Assassin's Creed (which we know Kojima liked and even took Altair's costume and put it into MGS4) it flashes black/white when playing the previous memories.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Ether_Snake said:
That, also, especially if he's going to get a close view of Gray Fox through Big Boss' memories, if he doesn't outright relive Gray Fox's memories in this game, while the Big Boss memories will be the ones we already know of from MGS3 and MPO.

Or maybe you'll be watching the actions of Big Boss through the perspective of Gray Fox. Remember Gray Fox was a test subject for the Philosophers. The Patriots might have data from his days with Big Boss as well. Honestly, I'm sick of playing as Snake. I want this game to be in Gray Fox's perspective, since I think he's the most interesting of all of the characters in the Metal Gear world.

soldat7

Les Enfants Terribles. What if there was another program similar to this? That might explain why Raiden of MGS4 and this character (Grey Fox???) look alike...

SRG01

freethought said:
Maybe it's just to establish the fact that there are two letter E's.

5 PRE e3= MGS5 is a prequel, shown at e3 (both stories are prequels). Of course, the 6 and 0 don't fit.

As someone noted earlier, it could be a date. Either June 3rd or something. I'm guessing it could be a release date.

RavenFox

Banned
Some trranslation by ExGouki over at gametailers
1. (The Big Boss image is posted above)
Interviewer: "Is that Big Boss?"
Kojima: It's a little different from XX
(or XXX's next form is a little different)
Interviewer: "Whaaaattt? Different???"

Kojima: I still can't tell you what the title is, but this is the real deal. Put it this way, it's part of the orthodox "Metal Gear Saga"
(The text below was mostly blocked out, but it talked about what timeframe the game is based in, and it appears that it's across all time periods)

Kojima: I want the game's core to be aimed towards Japan, and released globally. XXX... It's being made by MGS4 staff
Interviewer: That's awesome!

Kojima: The symbol on the cap of the old man (he did not say Big Boss) will be important
Interviewer: This symbol is different from the fox, it looks like a world map
Kojima: No just the mark, but the system of the game will be new!
Note: Kojima uses "This old man" a lot through the interview rather than referring to Big Boss

Interviewer: It sounds interesting, but do you think people will understand it at all?
Kojima: I think people will understand

Well... Tried my best to translate it, but it's so hard with all the blocked out text... bloody Kojima. That's all I can do for now, maybe I'll give it another go later

Summary:
Interestingly the old man in the cap might not be Big Boss, the story will be part of the main MGS saga and it will go through different time periods. New game system, and it's being made by the staff from MGS4
Gray Fox has the brown eyes. Stop with the Raiden already

Darkpen

Banned
vandalvideo said:
After all that
'history repeats itself' motiff crap that was shoved down our throats at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4
I would not be surprised.
...there was a history repeats motif at the end of MGS4? I've always felt it very prevelant throughout the MGS series, period.

MG2:SS > MGS1 > MGS2 in terms of structure (there's a ninja in every one of them).

MGS2's case of Olga's child being snatched away > MGS3's case of The Boss's child being snatched away

etc

Darkpen said:
...there was a history repeats motif at the end of MGS4? I've always felt it very prevelant throughout the MGS series, period.

MG2:SS > MGS1 > MGS2 in terms of structure (there's a ninja in every one of them).

MGS2's case of Olga's child being snatched away > MGS3's case of The Boss's child being snatched away

etc

You must have missed that hour long monologue Big Boss did at the end after part of the credits where he talks about 0 goes to 1 then 100, back to 0, blah blah blah, history repeats itself, we finally get to end the chain, blah blah blah. Grats Snake

VegaShinra

Hy_ said:
It's a prequel with Null and Big Boss. Null will be voiced by Quinton Flynn, in the same manner that Naked Snake was voiced by David Hayter in MGS3.

PLEASE KOJIMA!
Makes sense. Why would Raiden be with a younger Big Boss in these teasers if it was otherwise? MGS5 is a prequel. That is all.

CamHostage

freethought said:
Anyone else notice a strange 'box' going down the left hand side of the flash site? Just a graphical glitch presumably but I keep thinking I see a shape.

edit: Pretty sure it's just a glitch in the rain graphic. I'm guess I'm just tired. :lol

I saw that too. Looks like a rain graphic glitch (intentional or otherwise.)

Darkpen

Banned
soldat7 said:
Les Enfants Terribles. What if there was another program similar to this? That might explain why Raiden of MGS4 and this character (Grey Fox???) look alike...
Yes, it was called Dr. Clark and Madnar's cybernetics fun time, funded by the Patriots.

Rad Agast

WinFonda said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/dizzle1980/bigboss_kp.jpg

My new wild theory.
That could be Zanzibar Land on Big Boss's beret there. And the character in the scans who we think is Raiden is actually Gray Fox from Metal Gear 2.

A remake of the MSX 2 game? That's too good to be true.

FtsH

FuzzyDunlop said:
im guessing this is sarcasm...

if you mean it means e3, yes, that is probably true.

but it doesnt fit with the ps360 interpretation.

this is what people are saying. some of the letters/numbers are what platforms its on, some of it is e3 (oh, excuse me, just "e" since the 3 has already been used over its allowance) and the R is there just to fuck with our heads

360 confirmed!

people are just picking and choosing and seeing what they want to see when in reality it probably stands for something we will never figure out. i would not be surprised if when we get the game we still didnt know what the fuck the letters and numbers mean. its meant to get us excited, not to tell us something important or give clues. Mission accomplished

I agree that "people are just picking and choosing and seeing what they want to see", but these letters must stand together for something by the end of this "three days".

SRG01

vandalvideo said:
You must have missed that hour long monologue Big Boss did at the end after part of the credits where he talks about 0 goes to 1 then 100, back to 0, blah blah blah, history repeats itself, we finally get to end the chain, blah blah blah. Grats Snake

Oh if it is indeed
, that matches up.

Darkpen

Banned
vandalvideo said:
Well, that felt more like a punctuation to a repeating motif that I'm rather familiar with. It didn't feel forced to me :/

1. Way too early for a release date.
2. They suck at release dates.
3. The logical one makes logic.

I'm guessing MGS4 Substance PS3, that new adventure game PS360, and a PSP MGS with Big Boss.

SRG01 said:
Oh if it is indeed
, that matches up.
Even if it isn't zero, you could extend that motiff to the whole concept of
Clone lines extending back. Like the other poster was saying, it could be that Raiden is in a long series of clones like Snake is. I guess you could look at the ending of MGS4 to say; We are perpetuating history by creating the same scenario over and over again. This history will not end unless the originals are destroyed. BB dies, Snake gets to be an old man. Everyones happy.

VegaShinra

Translation?

A new Metal Gear game was revealed in leaked Famitsu scans. Since then, people have been rushing to try to translate the article and get some details on the new title. Here is what we've found so far.

It's going to be 1 game PSP and 1 PS3 with interconnectivity between the two. They hinted at advances in story by playing through both. The New Metal gear takes place about 7 years after MGS4. That is not Big Boss, that is actually his most recent clone. I'll give you a hint, he played a roll in MGS, MGS2, MGS4. The deceptive part is his age, over the last 7 years his aging has been rapid (posibly Akiba?)

http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=1208

RavenFox

Banned
Shalashaska said:
I'm pretty sure on one of the last couple of KojiPro podcasts it was confirmed they were not doing any remakes.
it's part of the orthodox "Metal Gear Saga"

MGS saga and it will go through different time periods.

MCermak

This may be a stupid question because I'm behind on this news... But are we sure this is going to be a metal gear game? Or is everyone just going off the raiden means thunder and lightning thing?

I'm kind of hoping for a new IP. Maybe something snatcher or policenauts related. But the countdown thing probably means a game about raiden's time between mgs2 and mgs4...

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the famitsu post. *Sigh*..maybe they'll do a new IP next time.

DrPirate

Banned
I just read this from some site.

Take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

A new Metal Gear game was revealed in leaked Famitsu scans. Since then, people have been rushing to try to translate the article and get some details on the new title. Here is what we've found so far.

It's going to be 1 game PSP and 1 PS3 with interconnectivity between the two. They hinted at advances in story by playing through both. The New Metal gear takes place about 7 years after MGS4. That is not Big Boss, that is actually his most recent clone. I'll give you a hint, he played a roll in MGS, MGS2, MGS4. The deceptive part is his age, over the last 7 years his aging has been rapid (posibly Akiba?).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Jinfash said:
Why would he be reliving Big Boss' memories again? I don't recall the story of 4 all that well.

After MGS2, Raiden starts to live with Rose but leaves her after starting to become traumatized again by his memories as a child soldier as they resurface. He finds out that Sunny is being held at Area 51, successfully saves her with Eva's team. He leaves Sunny in the care of Snake and Hal, and goes to find Big Boss' body for Eva. He gets captured and the Patriots use him as a test subject for creating the "perfect soldier", just like Gray Fox (says so in the Database). It specifically says "just as Gray Fox had been made into the enhanced and heavily drugged Cyborg Ninja before him". Right there it gives you a good idea of why they would have had him relive Big Boss' memories. Heck, it even explains why he would hear Campbell's voice during the "Time Paradox" bugs in MGS3 (it's basically once more merely the Patriot AI from MGS2).

Afterwards he is rescued by Eva and co. manages to get rid of his nanomachines, and recovers Big Boss' body. At the end, he leaves for Alaska.

So you can imagine how Raiden would be subjected to a "perfect soldier" experiment of sorts just like Gray Fox before him, and if that implied subjecting him to the memories of Big Boss (and possibly Gray Fox), it makes sense. It also illustrates how the Patriots might always fail in their perfect soldier experiment: the outcome is always the same, it creates someone who becomes much like Gray Fox, Big Boss, or Solid Snake, and who ends up fighting against them.

Slurmer said:
If Ether's whole MGS3 is VR theory turns out to have been true for all these years....:lol :lol ohhh man

Seriously, :lol

FtsH

The text below was mostly blocked out, but it talked about what timeframe the game is based in, and it appears that it's across all time periods

you can only do that by travelling to the past (assuming one playable character of course).

Top Bottom