• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
proposition said:
Pangaea_continents.png

Pangaea, a united world.

I'm not gonna say I'm convinced but that's one interesting theory.

A symbol of unity... one future console?
EUREKA!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Grant DaNasty said:
Cause Snake was established as being the darker twin. Brown eyes would seem to be part of that package. Maybe Kojima changed his mind?
Brown eyes aren't an automatic consequence of being the "inferior" twin, but since he seems to have had blue eyes from the very beginning I can't see how Kojima changed his mind, honestly.

Grant DaNasty said:
Chris Redfield had blue eyes in Code Veronica but brown eyes in RE5. In SFIV Ken has blue eyes in game but brown eyes in all the cutscenes. It's not unheard of for videogame characters to change eye color.
Yup, I agree with this, with Chris being probably the most noteworthy example of a character getting completely different from the previous games he starred in.

Solo said:
Hilarious if this is indeed MGS5. The fifth part of what was supposed to be a "trilogy" :lol

It might not be called MGS5, but it definitely looks like the next entry in the series. Unless it's the most epic DLC ever.

Ganondorfo

Dabookerman said:
Well it certainly cannot be a sequel. It's either a prequel or a remake.

Its a remake of metal gear and metal gear 2 from msx.

There is a number 5 on one of the pictures on famitsu, so this could be metal gear solid 5.

Solo

Quite frankly, Id be happy with a MG/MG2 remake with the MGS4 engine, simply because it forces Kokima to write within the constraints of what has already happened. After the awful storyline in MGS4, Id prefer he never does another new MGS game. A remake would pretty much be perfect, the best of both worlds.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Solo said:
Quite frankly, Id be happy with a MG/MG2 remake with the MGS4 engine, simply because it forces Kokima to write within the constraints of what has already happened. After the awful storyline in MGS4, Id prefer he never does another new MGS game. A remake would pretty much be perfect, the best of both worlds.
Better not.... The storyline from MG1 and MG2 is pretty decent and he would only ruin it. After MGS3 and 4 I don't even dare to think what he would be able to make with Grey Fox....

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Solo said:
Quite frankly, Id be happy with a MG/MG2 remake with the MGS4 engine, simply because it forces Kokima to write within the constraints of what has already happened reality. After the awful storyline in MGS4, Id prefer he never does another new MGS game. A remake would pretty much be perfect, the best of both worlds.

There you go.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
What if this this new game is in fact a "What if?" scenario? Like, "What if Big Boss started WWIII to unify the world under one flag?".

Currently, the teaser site has S (or possibly 5), 3, e, P, E and R. Based on images in the magazine, a future update will see the following added: the letter O or the numeral 0, C, and 6.

Kojima toyed with Hamamura as Hamamura attempted to make some sense out of the numbers. Hamamura pointed to an image from the site and said that it was a "5." To which Kojima responded, "Eh? That looks like a 5?" This could suggest that it's actually an S.

Hamamura also tried to order the number and letter appearances, saying that the countdown starts with a 5 (or S, as it may be), then goes to an E and a 3. Kojima wouldn't confirm that E is actually an E. He did say that the "e" is a lower case letter, suggesting that it is indeed an "e" instead of an "@" symbol or a kanji snake symbol as some have theorized.

Moving on to the first image that appeared at the site, which everyone and their mom assumed to be Big Boss, Kojima noted that the way the teaser site character wears his "XX" is different.

The XX in the above is one of the censored phrases. The magazine actually uses white circles to block individual characters. Here, the two Xs mean that the blocked phrase consists of two characters. They could be numbers, roman characters, Japanese alphabetic characters, or kanji.

Hamamura: I think it will be the announcement of "We will do Metal Gear XXXXXXX."

Kojima: Not quite.

Hamamura: Really!?

Kojima: It's just as I'd planned.

Hamamura: Really!? Because, when the thunder sounded and the screen lit up, "5"...

Kojima: It's X.

[remember, "X" is a censored character]

Hamamura: X!? It's different from 5?

Kojima: No. It is XXX. Oh, I might as well say everything. XXX will appear.

Hamamura: Really!

The circle characters become really abundant from this point on, making it almost impossible to translate to English without placing some sort of unintended meaning in the words. Even translated to English, it would probably be impossible to figure out the meaning of anything.

As an example of how bad things get, here's the little passage about the meaning of the teaser site's P:

Kojima: What do you think the P is?

Hamamura: XXXXXXXXXX's XXXXXX?

Kojima: But XXXXXXXXX. It's XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Hamamura: Oh! Of course!

The Famitsu interview with Kojima has four pages of this, with the third and fourth pages being particularly packed with the circle characters. We read through the whole thing over and over again and picked up a number of little bits, like Kojima comparing something about the game to being like Western game development and Kojima suggesting that the game's release won't be too far off. But without the full context, we'll avoid making "solid" statements.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/986/986841p1.html

Omikaru

I'm personally calling for a franchise reboot (in an alternate universe ala AC!D and Ghost Babel, perhaps?). Wipe the slate clean and actually plan it over the course of a few games this time, instead of winging it as you go.

The MGS franchise is weighed down by its own fiction, which is why MGS4 had such a garbage story. If not a reboot, then they should find some other way to wipe the slate clean. But for the love of all things beautiful, please don't create more of a clusterfuck out of the series than MGS4 has already done.

One can dream, I guess...

Solo

Well, if it is a PSP game, the upside is that Ill never have to play it. I swore Id never buy another MGS game after 4, but I know I'll crumble if they release this on PS3.

SolidSnakex said:

Heres a stab at what I think what some of the blanked out stuff is:
Hamamura: I think it will be the announcement of "We will do Metal Gear Solid 5."

Hamamura: Really!? Because, when the thunder sounded and the screen lit up, "5"...

Kojima: It's S.

Hamamura: S!? It's different from 5?

Kojima: No. It is MGS. Oh, I might as well say everything. MGS will appear.

Hamamura: Policenaut's Johnny?

Dizzle24 said:
This thread makes my brain hurt.

All I know is that I will be playing the shit out of MGS3 and MGS4 all weekend.

I never played MGS3
:lol
DUDE you need to play MGS3 and stop reading this thread.

TheCardPlayer said:
Look I really doubt a 360 MGS too man, but come on. XBox never had any RE games, then RE5 came out and sold more on 360 than PS3. So there goes your theory.
Did you need to know RE1-4 to make semblance of RE5? Its like going to see the new Star Trek movie, you don't really need to know what came before it, and I think that's implicit. Also there are PS2 users who switched over to the 360 (there HAS to be as there were 120 million PS2s sold and not nearly that number of PS3s). RE4 was a landmark title so it makes sense that RE5 sold well because everyone hyped it up due to how good RE4 was.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
infinityBCRT said:
Did you need to know RE1-4 to make semblance of RE5? Its like going to see the new Star Trek movie, you don't really need to know what came before it. And there are PS2 users who switched over to the 360 (there HAS to be as there were 120 million PS2s sold and not nearly that number of PS3s)

Errr, yes. Yes you did. Majorly.

Sansana

Neo Member
well... usually the emblems on military berets are on the LEFT side. And that's the international and universal rule I believe.

solidus.jpg

So I think this is rather Solidus Snake than Big Boss, especially with this french military organization name.

Hamamura: I think it will be the announcement of "We will do Metal Gear Solid 5."

Kojima: It's S.

Hamamura: S!? It's different from 5?

Kojima: No. It is MGS. Oh, I might as well say everything. MGS will appear.

Hamamura: Policenaut's Johnny?

So it's... X.P.S... ? What about F ?

Forget Pre-rendered Stuff!
Format? Playstation Scene
Finally a Policy Switch ?

TheCardPlayer said:
Errr, yes. Yes you did. Majorly.
That was more of a rhetorical question, its advertised as a crazy ass zombie outbreak whereas MGS3 was advertised as the beginning to the story and MGS4 was advertised as the end of the story (which implies knowledge of the middle of the story). But I can't argue with you about RE specifically since I can only say I've played about 10-20% at most of any of the RE games.

From wikipedia:

Military berets are usually pulled to the right, but the armies of some European countries (including France) have influenced the pull to the left.

infinityBCRT said:
Did you need to know RE1-4 to make semblance of RE5? Its like going to see the new Star Trek movie, you don't really need to know what came before it, and I think that's implicit. Also there are PS2 users who switched over to the 360 (there HAS to be as there were 120 million PS2s sold and not nearly that number of PS3s). RE4 was a landmark title so it makes sense that RE5 sold well because everyone hyped it up due to how good RE4 was.

I'm normally not pedantic enough to do this but you've used this word twice in two pages and in both cases it made absolutely no sense (or semblance as you'd write). This word does not mean what you think it means.

grindamasta said:
From wikipedia:

Military berets are usually pulled to the right, but the armies of some European countries (including France) have influenced the pull to the left.
'Militaires sans Frontieres' is French. So is 'les enfants terribles'.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
infinityBCRT said:
That was more of a rhetorical question, its advertised as a crazy ass zombie outbreak whereas MGS3 was advertised as the beginning to the story and MGS4 was advertised as the end of the story (which implies knowledge of the middle of the story). But I can't argue with you about RE specifically since I can only say I've played about 10-20% at most of any of the RE games.

It's cool. But I still think that a MGS game on 360, especially this one would be an instant moneymaker by Konami.

But I am certain that they won't. I just can't see Kojima working on a multiplatform MGS especially since this one just shows up so soon. It's obviously on the MGS4 engine. So yeah, this game stays on PS3 no matter how hard some people wish it didn't. :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
Raiden origins, Solidus, man i don't know. If that's it, i'm not digging the direction.
If it's BB again...i don't want to see BB again after that MGS4 ending.

And if by any chance it's just another BB clone, then holy christ man...dude cmon.

Victarion

So I think this is rather Solidus Snake than Big Boss, especially with this french military organization name.
ahhh... for fuck's sake there is no way in hell that this person in Solidus. Solidus lost his eye in Big Shell and died a few hours later. Now how can this be Solidus?

Jason's Ultimatum said:
eye patch is on the right. Can't be BB. Solidus's eyepatch was on the left.
*face palm*

What are you talkin about? the picture in Sansana's post is mirrored...

Top Bottom