• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible new Duke Nukem game in the works?

Hanmik

dQRBfrl.png

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If one ever does happen, I hope that whoever is in charge understands what made 3D great and looks to something like Doom or Wolfenstein TNO as inspiration for updating a classic series.

Cant wait for more retrograde gender politics, tired movie references, and jokes about Call of Duty to bolster its sub id software gameplay

V_Ben

Banned
In a post-DOOM world, I'd actually be intensely interested in what a new Duke game could be. Self aware, silly, outlandish fun?

kuYuri

It could just be the old DN redux games returning to Steam and other digital stores. I think we're still a bit off from new, modern games.

joms5

Don't care. That series needs to be put to bed. It's a relic at this point and is no longer relevant in the current climate.

Plus if Randy Pitchford has anything to do with it, you know it's going to be trash.

flkraven

"2016 Balls of Steel, LLC. Published and distributed by Gearbox Publishing. Duke Nukem, Hail to the King, Gearbox and the Gearbox Software and Duke Nukem logos are registered trademarks, and Gearbox Publishing is a trademark, all used courtesy of Gearbox Software, LLC"

What is Balls of Steel LLC?

Also, the countdown should just preemptively set to 10 years.

Oh, come on, why's everyone so negative towards the idea of new Duke Nukem? It's not like the series was milked to death or something...
it just died before one could milk it

flkraven

"2016 Balls of Steel, LLC. Published and distributed by Gearbox Publishing. Duke Nukem, Hail to the King, Gearbox and the Gearbox Software and Duke Nukem logos are registered trademarks, and Gearbox Publishing is a trademark, all used courtesy of Gearbox Software, LLC"

http://www.bizapedia.com/tx/BALLS-OF-STEEL-LLC.html

Balls Of Steel, LLC is a Texas Limited-Liability Company filed on December 7, 2015. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 0802344964.

Same owner as Gearbox

Spoo

I need a new Duke Nukem as much as a hole in the head. Especially coming from Gearbox of all developers.

The lucky thing about Gearbox is that they only make you *think* they're developing the game. On release day you find out it's someone else.

There's some other weirdly named LLC that displays in the Borderlands collection. Probably a Randy scheme.

Davey Cakes

I honestly don't think the Duke Nukem character translates into 2016, it is very much a relic of the 90's.
Yeah, but the 90's are coming back strong.

They need to revive the formulas of Duke 1 and 2! We're still in the "retro revival" era of digital distribution so I think a more classic approach could work.

OG Duke is best Duke.

stuminus3

I think Duke himself has the potential to be a PERFECT video game character for 2016. The ultimate satire of the meat headed straight white guy. It would just take some good writing to pull it off, and I don't think Gearbox have those kind of chops.

I hope it's nothing more than a rerelease of the best games on digital platforms, though it's probably unlikely seeing as how the first followers of the Twitter account are part of Gearbox.

At this point I want Duke Nukem to be left alone but as long as they try to make the new game good then I'll be optimistic.

Oh God, I hope not. Duke Nukem was only relevant with DN3D back in 1996. Let it die already ffs.

Yep, just like Crash Bandicoot, this argument always hold so much weight.../S

On a positive note, I can't wait to see what comes of this, hopefully it really is the new game they've been working on.

Top Bottom