• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Persona 5 R Announcement Imminent

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The announcement of Persona 5 R, supposedly an enhanced version that will be on #NintendoSwitch, could be imment!

https://personacentral.com/persona-5-r-announcement-imminent-official-domain-updated/

Persona-5-Main-Cast-720x340.jpg

P5R-Domain.jpg

Could be normal considered that Joker is in Smash Brothers.

I still have the ps3 version unboxing since 5 months =O

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What were the biggest complaints for the standard version and could R do something to fix some of it without requiring too much reworking (which they wouldn't bother with)?

Vlaphor

Persona 5 was my goty last year, so if they want to make more of it, hooray.

I played Persona 4 Golden on easy to see all the extra content, so I may do the same here, but I am down for what they want to release.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Persona 5 was absolutely fantastic!! If it wasn't for NieR Automata, it would have been my GOTY in 2017. I definitely double dip this same way with Dragon Quest XI S.

Fbh

With Joker in Persona 5 it would make sense. I enjoyed most of my time with it but it's a game I have zero interest in replaying.

Still, hopefully if it has improvements or new content there's an update for the PS3/4 version or at least a way to upgrade for a price

What were the biggest complaints for the standard version and could R do something to fix some of it without requiring too much reworking (which they wouldn't bother with)?

Persona 5 is one of the few games where my idea of an improved version is one that has less content

There's no choice between a male and female protag like with Persona 3 FES is one of the things the community has been asking for. However there's just not enough male characters in Persona 5 to give near the amount of romance options for a female MC comparative to male. They would have to add a few male characters to even things out. Ryuuji, Yusuke, and maybe Munehisa are the only viable candidates really. They would have to add 3-5 male characters. Maybe one of them will be a new party member.

So if there is a version with enhanced content then this is the route they will probably go. Maybe they'll make Sae a romance option as well for male MC players.

I'm also betting that we'll get a Persona 3 remake in P5's visual style since the character models are already done in Persona 3 dancing all night and most of the monsters can be reused as assets. However I thought they would do the same thing with Persona 4 so what do I know ;_;.

Last edited:

rockyt

Be awesome if true and on the switch. I had the all the previous one on the vita including persona 4 golden. Kinda suck now that the vita is pretty much dead but having persona 5 on switch would make up for it so I can play on the go.

Last edited:

sensor

Where in the article does it say it will be on the Switch? Other than speculation because of Joker in Smash?

P5 is one of my favourite games, but I haven't been following this. I assume it would be on PS4 as well.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don't think there's anything a reworked version could do that would get me to do a 180 on the game. Such a disappointment after years and years of anticipation.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I waited to buy this one. I'd grab the Switch one if this was real. Thanks for the heads up Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme

I definitely double dip this same way with Dragon Quest XI S.
Yeah, I also waited on DQ11 and if the Switch version comes West I'll get that version.

Dat portability is too strong to resist. Valkyria Chronicles 4 was a Switch game for me as well.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Ivellios

Is this Persona 5 for the Switch?

Its is one of the best jRPG i played for some time and its is really worth it

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I have this on PS4 but haven’t really gotten to start it. I’d double dip just to play this on a portable.

kevin_trinh

I did 3 playthrough for this game, the last one were teammate act freely on hard. I'll consider playing it again if Altus add Hifumi to the main party

I did 3 playthrough for this game, the last one were teammate act freely on hard. I'll consider playing it again if Altus add Hifumi to the main party
Fun fact, Hifumi was originally planned to be a party member, but the development team scrapped idea because they felt that there would be too many party members.

kevin_trinh

Fun fact, Hifumi was originally planned to be a party member, but the development team scrapped idea because they felt that there would be too many party members.
yep i did know that, but that mean they can add it again if they want to. I know it would mean the party will have 2 strategist but who care, just fking add her

Yes, I'm also echoing that I hope this one cuts down on the insane length of Persona games.

I want to play 5 but I'm scared by devoting a whole lot of time to it.

Danjin44

Well it does have a different demographic.
Games like Shin Megami Tensei series gets released on Nintendo systems which much darker than Persona series and Nintendo now has Bayonetta. Catherine will fit on Switch just fine, but it’s Atlus whos being stubborn about exclusivity.

CatCouch

I'll definitely buy P5 again on the Switch. I only put about 10 hours into it on the PS4 and I won't be going back. Portable would be the only way I put the amount of time necessary to get through this thing.

Catherine would be a perfect fit for the Switch, as well. I really hope both make it beause I will absolutely throw money at them.

EDMIX

Games like Shin Megami Tensei series gets released on Nintendo systems which much darker than Persona series and Nintendo now has Bayonetta. Catherine will fit on Switch just fine, but it’s Atlus whos being stubborn about exclusivity.

Not really, it might be them realizing that such a theme might now work on that install base. Nintendo also had to publish some of those games just to get it on the system....

Let that sink in.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Not really, it might be them realizing that such a theme might now work on that install base. Nintendo also had to publish some of those games just to get it on the system....

Let that sink in.
I don't remember any of SMT series got published by Nintendo, they mostly published by Atlus themselves (I could be wrong) and the only reason Bayonetta is being published by Nintendo is because Nintendo is the one made Bayonetta 2 happen. But none that has anything to do with why Catherine cannot be on Switch. I know some people might think Catherine is very lewd game but Catherine is much more horror than lewd .

At least you weren't like Chaz, who overhyped it like the 2nd coming! So you're forgiven
I did and I wasn't disappointed. It honestly one my favourite Persona game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The Switch's install base is too small to justify a Persona port.
tenor.gif

We are talking about Catherine! If you going shit post, at very least do it properly.

You are not even trying to hide that you shit posting for sake of shit posting.

Last edited:

LordKite

Neo Member
I can't wait for Persona 5 R(estoring the Sae romance). It will clearly be the best version.

But, passed the joke, I hope they release any remade version on both the PS4 and Switch, not just the Switch if they add it. If you are swapping whole console manufacturers finally, there is no need for only one console per version

cireza

Banned
If the R stands for Removing 30 hours of Filler, I’m all in!
This. The game seems horribly paced. If they make the pace faster, it can only be a good thing. I did not play P5, but I played P4, and it already last for much longer than necessary. My understanding is that it is even worse in P5...

Danjin44

This. The game seems horribly paced. If they make the pace faster, it can only be a good thing. I did not play P5, but I played P4, and it already last for much longer than necessary. My understanding is that it is even worse in P5...
I personally never understood this complain. Do guys mean the dungeon too to long to finish? I played Strange Journey Redux this year and that game’s dungeons is twice as long with crazy amount of traps and hazardous floors. compare to that Persona 5 ‘s dungeons in no were near long.

cireza

Banned
I personally never understood this complain. Do guys mean the dungeon too to long to finish? I played Strange Journey Redux this year and that game’s dungeons is twice as long with crazy amount of traps and hazardous floors. compare to that Persona 5 ‘s dungeons in no were near long.
Not talking about the dungeons. Everything that is text and story related drags for too long in P4 already. The story advances at an incredibly slow pace.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Not talking about the dungeons. Everything that is text and story related drags for too long in P4 already. The story advances at an incredibly slow pace.
Well for me, I liked the characters and Story in Persona games so I enjoyed those moments.

This might just me but I never felt P5 dragged on, in fact I was enjoying it so much that I didn’t want the game to end. I guess that not true for everybody.

Top Bottom