• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Mascost Leaked Through Trademarks

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
037PLNd.jpg

47ooS5B.jpg

Trademark registered by GameFreak, judging by the name probably the Sun and Moon Mascots. I have a feeling this is leading up to them being officially revealed soon enough, probably even before CoroCoro next month---Zekrom and Reshiram for instance were revealed through the official website back in the lead up to Black and White.

We've had various Pokemon leaked through trademarks before, such as before XY were released quite a few including the evolutions of the starters.

Mr-Joker

Banned
DAMN IT BIRDIE I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO TO BED!!! >:|

Sweet we know their name so we can kinda guess what they might look like.

jnWake

Lunaala could be Moon + Wing ("Luna" and "Ala" in spanish).

EDIT: Don't think it's really necessary to point it out, but Solgaleo has "Sol" which is Sun in spanish. Galeo means nothing as far as I'm aware, other than Galileo or something related to "Gale".

Watch Da Birdie

It was 2ch who discovered these, just saw a thread on 4chan and posted it here so whoever anonymous person posted it on that site deserves the credit.

Fishlake

Are you sure Solgaleo is not a fusion between Sun and Galileo? That's what came to my mind first.
This also is what I think it is.

Is there a famous astrologist for the moon one? I can't think of any.

It will be interesting to see what kind of designs these are.

Neiteio

This reminds me of the good ol' days in earlier gens where people would come up with portmanteaus and check to see if Nintendo claimed domains for them, thereby confirming the English names of Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

There's also one more trademark they registered called "Gigareki" but the person who posted the thread on 4chan doesn't think it's a Pokemon since there's no image with the romanization written out above it like with Solgaleo and Lunaala.

Watch Da Birdie

The region name maybe?

Doubt it, as I think it'd have 地方 ("region") after it.

The person who posted the thread on 4chan thinks it might be a new gameplay mechanic or something along those lines---someone who knows Japanese better might know what the name might mean.

n0a

Neo Member
HuDE2uG.jpg

Gamefreak also trademarked something called "Gigareki." Here's the pic for anyone interested.

GoldStarz

The Sun pokemon sounds like a Fire/Lightning type

The Moon Pokemon sounds like Dark/Psychic or Dark/Water

But Fairy types are associated with the Moon. Shouldn't it but Fairy/Psy or Fairy/Water?

I bet Solgaleo is not actually based on a lion and will disappoint everyone who was expecting one.

Opposite for me lol. Sun Lions are so cliche, I'd hope for GF to be a little more creative.

Top Bottom