• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible pre-order incentives for PlayStation Store shown in survey

wotta

Sony is sending around a survey which shows possible incentives which may be given when pre-ordering from the PlayStation Store.

Of course the images shown below are most likely an idea of what Sony could do as incentive to get people to pre-order from the PlayStation Store and it doesn't necessarily mean this will happen.

Here's what Sony is suggesting, what do you think?

Can't like to Shop To as it is banned.

XTHn0Gg.png

Lppi7MT.png

KR3ccFL.png

Aa0p3TO.png

exqxAVs.png

6ZcHrTs.png

vYSI8YA.png

Would've opted for a "I do not pre-order games" or "I don't want to be locked out of content if I don't pre-order" or "pre-order incentives are ruining gaming" option.

These polls really don't pan out to reality. I remember when they were asking about what the price cut on digital versions should be. The reality: nope they just pocketed all the savings of digital copies.

m@cross

I'll take "Access to the game 1 week early for 2 hours of gameplay, with an option of canceling the game after" and then throw in another bonus... then maybe....

Gurish

No need more than a 20% discount, Avatars or lame DLCs most games have don't matter as much, give me 20% and I wont buy retail again.

Megatron

A 20% or better discount is the only thing that would get me to pre order. Seems fair since I can't cancel or return my ore order and I am committing to it before anyone has actually played it to see if it's good ir not.

Meader

Even with those pre-order discounts on price, its still cheaper to buy physical copies at online retailers.

wotta

There are things that will appeal to people, i.e early access, discounts, free DLC. I think this mainly apply to Sony's First Party titles and maybe the third party titles they have a deal with.

Could be interesting though.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I recently completed this survey, I was pleased to see that Sony are at least exploring ways of making their digital pricing more competitive.

liquidtmd

Banned
The potential discount prices suck. You can easily get new physical games for £35ish at launch now.

Exactly. Im happy buying on the store at all if I'm getting a bargain. I'm OK with playing a fair price. Paying £10 more many months before release than I can get physical on Day 1 = lolololololol

Ricky_R

Pre-order discounts would be a great way to get more people to pre order games and actually follow through with the buy.

I think it's a win win.

Play the game early. Being locked into a digital pre-order while the world plays the physical copy days before it is out SUCKS.

The 20% off for pre-orders would be good.

That's the most fair thing I can find here. Good for people who go pre order and doesn't make fake added value with cosmetics.

I'm ok for free Season Pass too even if 20% off is better because if you don't enjoy that much the game why bother with the season pass (I made the mistake with TitanFall... I may try it back now that there had been a lot of updates and patches too).

Chû Totoro;161903938 said:
That's the most fair thing I can find here. Good for people who go pre order and doesn't make fake added value with cosmetics.

I'm ok for free Season Pass too even if 20% off is better because if you don't enjoy that much the game why bother with the season pass (I made the mistake with TitanFall... I may try it back now that there had been a lot of updates and patches too).

Season passes are usually like $20+ I doubt they'll be giving that out for free

Fisty

As a digital-only Playstation user, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE any kind of discount. 10% would be fantastic, 20% would be even better.

Also, first party digital games should have all preorder DLC included, if the game has it. Third party should too but it would be difficult to agree to for them.

glaurung

I filled out that survey on the weekend.

If they can drive down the full game prices by 20%, I will have no qualms about purchasing games from PSN. Their current pricing schema is absolutely atrocious (~£55 for a retail game with no added content whatsoever).

Don't know what people are talking about with the physical copies being cheaper. Anyone want to post some examples?

If I preorder physical its release day delivery or bust, and the discounts are rarely more than a buck or two on Amazon.

$50 for a more convenient digital copy that preloads would be fantastic.

elfinke

The 20% off for pre-orders would be good.

As a fucking minimum. PSN prices for games are laughable compared to retail box copies (and even retail stores offer preorder discounts here in Australia). C'mon Sony, I want a 100% digital box, meet me half way. Especially if I'm also paying an annual subscription for your service.

Zukuu

Banned
Not even gonna lie, 20% discount would mean I'd start to preorder some games. Cba about some costume DLC or shit.

Top Bottom