• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

What if it's Sony's way to test the waters with what people want?

Well, in that case. I'd rather see 13TF.
The RAM is fine but how bout a seperate 4GB storage allocation for the OS and anything that is not gaming related so gaming can use the full 16GB.

The rest is fine... I think.

bigedole

For those who are unaware, TSMC 7nm process is up and running with pretty good health, a couple products are already out that use it and many many more are coming next year. Design work is already starting on SOCs/devices using their 5 nm process.

Source: I design SOCs.

Inviusx

Before anyone calls fake on the slides because they're too amateurish, lets not forget about some Sony leaks that we've seen before:

i7BBvqJ.jpg

mckmas8808

Banned
Well, in that case. I'd rather see 13TF.
The RAM is fine but how bout a seperate 4GB storage allocation for the OS and anything that is not gaming related so gaming can use the full 16GB.

The rest is fine... I think.

Whoa boy! That seperate 4 GB RAM for OS only stuff would be a "great" idea!!! Being able to use a full 16 GB would be perfect. Now you got me not loving these leak stats.

Before anyone calls fake on the slides because they're too amateurish, lets not forget about some Sony leaks that we've seen before:

i7BBvqJ.jpg

LOLOL!!! Wow. Weird.

Looks legit and intentionally leaked. I wonder if they got late word that MS was going to reveal Xbone2 at x18 and decided to not let them have the next-gen conversation exclusively revolve around Xbone2 or whatever it's gonna be called.

Thiagosc777

Looks legit and intentionally leaked. I wonder if they got late word that MS was going to reveal Xbone2 at x18 and decided to not let them have the next-gen conversation exclusively revolve around Xbone2 or whatever it's gonna be called.

You forgot to put /s at the end. MS won't announce a new console on XO. The X is one year old.

TLZ

Banned
You forgot to put /s at the end. MS won't announce a new console on XO. The X is one year old.
But they already mentioned they're working on the next one. Talking about the next box now doesn't mean it's releasing now. Something for people to get excited about and look forward to. X isn't the main console. It doesn't matter. The Xbox One was released 5 years ago, and most people have that version (or the S, same).

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I was leaning the other way just flat out stealing Xbox thunder with their XO show coming.

TLZ

Banned
AMD Ryzen cpu custom configuration 3.20 , 7nm Navi gpu 2.1 18gddr5 Is what I heard a while ago. As far as the public announcement It will be soon. I sent this info to a mod a while ago I couldn’t post until something else leaked first. I’ll post everything now that something semi accurate is out there.
We still waiting on you bro ;)

SonGoku

I was leaning the other way just flat out stealing Xbox thunder with their XO show coming.
idk with these conservative specs MS is going to anihilate PS5 hype whenever they announce the xbox2 and they don't got to do much only go the extra mile sony was too cheap to go

mckmas8808

Banned
idk with these conservative specs MS is going to anihilate PS5 hype whenever they announce the xbox2 and they don't got to do much only go the extra mile sony was too cheap to go

But what if MS will launch the Xbox 2, 9 months after the release of the PS5?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Out of curiosity, if the specs were real, what were you expecting on an APU solution at a mainstream price point?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
They already announced it last E3, didn't they? They said they were working on it and that it's code named Scarlett. They didn't unveil a new console but the fact that a new Xbox is in the works and upcoming is official. Sony on the other hand have only recently said in like one interview that they're looking into PS5.

bitbydeath

What if Sony released this to throw MS off the real specs.

tenor.gif

i7BBvqJ.jpg

I mean, outside of "humor", they caught the essence of an Adam Sandler production.

He and his loyal friends go on fun adventures masquerading as "shooting a movie".

Wireless VR is very expensive right now. Almost as much as the headsets. Would Sony sell something like that?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wireless VR is very expensive right now. Almost as much as the headsets. Would Sony sell something like that?

The only reason to include something like that would be to try and establish their product as being more premium than other higher-end offerings.

bitbydeath

AMD Ryzen cpu custom configuration 3.20 , 7nm Navi gpu 2.1 18gddr5 Is what I heard a while ago. As far as the public announcement It will be soon. I sent this info to a mod a while ago I couldn’t post until something else leaked first. I’ll post everything now that something semi accurate is out there.

Was that everything or is there more?

Banned
That design looks horrendous. It bothers way too many different elements from then-poor mockups of "next-gen "consoles from years and years ago.

BlackTron

Uh, the friggen Wii U streamed directly to the controller. The idea that you would need this big ass external HDD size peripheral just to stream video to VR seems preposterous. To say nothing of the hilarious choice of words "latest advancements in wireless tech" lmao

SonGoku

Out of curiosity, if the specs were real, what were you expecting on an APU solution at a mainstream price point?
For starters a 8 core goddamn cpu, 6 cores its a joke at 7nm, its Sony being cheap
12tf+
24gb ram

16gb ram available to games its already anemic for a next gen 4k machine, 14gb its just a bad joke
But what if MS will launch the Xbox 2, 9 months after the release of the PS5?
Sony would be stupid to rush a half baked console to market, these specs have dreamcast written all over it
What if Sony released this to throw MS off the real specs.

tenor.gif
I hope that's the case
I was rooting for PS5, but if this turns out to be non fake news i hope Xbox takes their lead and shows them a humility lesson and cerny gets fired over it
A console coming out in 1 year at 11 tf with 16 gb of GDDR6..... uh ya ok.
gddr5 lol
Yep yikes

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
For starters a 8 core goddamn cpu, 6 cores its a joke at 7nm, its Sony being cheap
12tf+
24gb ram

16gb ram available to games its already anemic for a next gen 4k machine, 14gb its just a bad joke

Sony would be stupid to rush a half baked console to market, these specs have dreamcast written all over it

I hope that's the case
I was rooting for PS5, but if this turns out to be non fake news i hope Xbox takes their lead and shows them a humility lesson and cerny gets fired over it

gddr5 lol
Yep yikes

You won't get an argument out of me, more is always better, but I think you need to relax a little bit because it seems you're taking this fake mock-up as real.

SonGoku

You won't get an argument out of me, more is always better, but I think you need to relax a little bit because it seems you're taking this fake mock-up as real.
Na thats not my schtick im just a very disillusioned PlayStation fan, im much more critical of the things i like than those i don't care about
On the upside, checking other places of the internet the consensus is this is fake news

What's more annoying to me its that the specs scream of cut corners to profit day 1. Six cores instead of eight, 11tf instead of 12, 16gb ram (self explanatory)
You are right im way to rustled over this

Last edited:

onQ123

12tf+
24gb ram

I hope that's the case

gddr5 lol
Yep yikes

To be honest you're acting a little childish lol the specs in OP isn't the actual specs but they are close to what we will be getting in a $399 - $499 console in 2019

It looks too similar to the PS4, it's literally a blend between the PS4 and the PS2, so it's definitely fake.

Playstations never much look alike, whatever the PS5 looks like will be way different than the 4.

bitbydeath

It looks too similar to the PS4, it's literally a blend between the PS4 and the PS2, so it's definitely fake.

Playstations never much look alike, whatever the PS5 looks like will be way different than the 4.

It's going to be the 25th anniversary of Playstation so they should make it look like a PS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom