• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Resident Evil VIII Information

Jooxed

Gold Member

The Rundown
  • Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
  • Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
  • It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title”
  • The game will be in First-person like RE7.
  • Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
  • The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous; possibly Europe.
  • Regular zombies will be appearing instead of the Molded from RE7.
  • There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
  • There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
  • Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
huh why didn't I know Ethan had a face..

LS7NOqe.jpg

I liked 7 but I liked the style of 2 remake even better. If 7,8 and 9 will be FPS so be it, it wasn't a bad game at all.

Strider311

I mean, being Resident Evil I’m obligated to play it and likely enjoy it. But... I’d rather they all be in the style of RE2 and RE3 remakes in third person rather than FPS.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Everyone, please pre-order the game once it's available.

Also, I encourage everyone to do the same with RE3.

The CAPGODS can do no wrong and you know it.

Bkdk

Hopefully Ethan will only be one of the playable character for a small segment, bored of playing him in RE7 already, plus would rather have third person for mods. Glad zombies are back though. Also seems like they are focusing on making the second half better with a castle. RE7’s second half is a drag.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hopefully Ethan will only be one of the playable character for a small segment, bored of playing him in RE7 already, plus would rather have third person for mods. Glad zombies are back though. Also seems like they are focusing on making the second half better with a castle. RE7’s second half is a drag.

mejin

The game will be in First-person like RE7.

Fuck

make 2 different versions: one for VR and a standard 3rd person...come on

skneogaf

I have 7 on pc but I foolishly bought in the hope that vr would be added in like the PlayStation version. I was very wrong!

I tried the vr ps version at arcade club and enjoyed it but feel the psvr isn't a scratch on on my rift so I waited and waited.

I've tried vorpx but it messes up every 30 seconds where you gave to reset view etc so unless it comes out in vr on oculus or steam vr then I will just replay resident evil 2 remake and resident evil 3 remake over and over as non vr resident evil 7 isn't worth it.

No shit .. I loved RE7 but no way I'm playing another RE in FPS ! .. come on and we need the main characters not Ethan

Imho, a new or relatively new to the series character is way better than making leon, Claire, Chris and Co. return AGAIN, for the 374939 time

They have to send them in retirement once for all and make space for new characters, or reboot
Honesty, another game with a classic character as a main would make me abandon the game on the shop's shelf
I had enough of them, I like them all but stop please
Or make us play as less used characters like Billy, Rebecca, or Carlos considering the latest will be on fire after re3make

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Imho, a new or relatively new to the series character is way better than making leon, Claire, Chris and Co. return AGAIN, for the 374939 time

They have to send them in retirement once for all and make space for new characters, or reboot
Honesty, another game with a classic character as a main would make me abandon the game on the shop's shelf
I had enough of them, I like them all but stop please
Or make us play as less used characters like Billy, Rebecca, or Carlos considering the latest will be on fire after re3make

I understand that seeing the same people over and over again is boring.. but come on we are talking about Leon , Clair , Jill and the others .. beside I'm not accepting RE to become FPS ! .. dont get me wrong but I liked RE7 but for me I would be happy if 8 becomes 3rd person view

I understand that seeing the same people over and over again is boring.. but come on we are talking about Leon , Clair , Jill and the others .. beside I'm not accepting RE to become FPS ! .. dont get me wrong but I liked RE7 but for me I would be happy if 8 becomes 3rd person view

I perfectly understand your pov, many didn't like First person at all, but it helped a lot in creating an awesome experience, even more in vr
I'd like a RE7 style 8th chapter with third person tho, but the atmosphere definitely has to remain similar

Fushitsusha

Banned
That sounds awesome, and that's why it's probably not true. Did Chris recruit Ethan and now they're expanding him in the series?
It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title”
But then it's not RE8...
make 2 different versions: one for VR and a standard 3rd person...come on
That's not how it works.

Last edited:

Caffeine

makes sense they still going after the connections, hopefully jill has a cameo shes been in like rehab for a decade, hopefully they delve deeper into story and lore instead of just throwing it at you in a room near the end of the game.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I perfectly understand your pov, many didn't like First person at all, but it helped a lot in creating an awesome experience, even more in vr
I'd like a RE7 style 8th chapter with third person tho, but the atmosphere definitely has to remain similar

No I like FPS .. but when it comes to an old franchise i would like to know what happened to these guys our guys Jill clair leon .. and I want it to be 3rd person view .. I'm with you to bring new characters to the series I hope we see new faces and must be interesting as the old ones

Leprech

I now prefer FPS over classic resi or even resi4.. but it does need vr lol
Maybe valve going for vr gave them the push to make the next resi vr again.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Pass. Never even finished the beginning of 7, that first person with hiding and shit. Way too many horror games in first person.

I dont really get the confusion with FPS choice again. The game had a great reception and sold very well. I expected nothing but a FPS for the follow up. RE7 wasnt some spin-off, it was a legit entry just like RE4 was. It would be wierd for it to go back to third person.

There were 3 tank control RE, 3 over the shoulder and Im pretty confident RE 7,8,9 are all FPS. You already got 2 remakes in 3rd person as fan service and thats fine because i wouldn't want RE2 to ever be a FPV either. But comon get on board, RE7 in fps was way creepier than any 3rd person. The molded were a great design, scared the shit out of me when i heard their slimy ass crawl towards me, better than zombies 50m away with their "argh" moans taking 20 seconds to get to me.

xrnzaaas

I'd be fine if CAPCOM was releasing third person and first person Resi games, beats doing the same thing over and over again.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Other thing is this is contradictory to what they said when RE2 released.
They said with RE2 they had found the right balance that they are happy with which is true to Resident Evil with RE2 and that was the way forward for the series.
And how the characters are important to the series.
Yet they're gonna go back to FPS?
Also there was mention that the new RE8 would be like RE2.
again the original RE8 plan was scrapped in another recent rumour.
Unless this was the original plan that was scrapped long time ago and they redid it after the success of RE2?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Swear RE7 have the smallest map and location in the whole series

One of the shortest RE game too if im not mistaken

RE8 have to be much better than that

Last edited:
Top Bottom