• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Soul Calibur 6 designs appeared in online portfolio?

Tyaren

A set of character designs, including a possible stage concept art, appeared on Malaysian production company Passion Republic's online portfolio: http://www.passionrepublic.com/en/work.html A company that has worked with AAA gaming developers and publishers before.
The designs are not credited in any way but clearly depict Soul Calibur characters. The fact that the designs are completely new and that there are some interesting changes for certain characters (like Natsu's corrupted arm and different weapon styles) could hint at possible Soul Calibur 6 designs.

The uncredited character designs:

28910341942_f268a34a20_o.jpg

28982671446_27f4df4bd6_o.jpg

28939426531_08ba8f1915_o.jpg

28398310273_450ab28efe_o.jpg

A concept art called "Sacred City":

28910340672_aa775dc967_o.jpg

28398165483_f675e0efb1_o.jpg

Source of all images from:http://www.passionrepublic.com/

Edit:
It turns out the designs were just an internal effort of Passion Republic to enhance their portfolio.

BHK3

Banned
My pants... they are EXPANDING!!! Next gen Ivy Valentine!!! Let's go!!!!

Do I even want that? I feel like I'm legit gonna start getting red in the face from seeing a next gen Ivy

Maybe even start sweating

I don't know if I want that, it's a fighting game and I need to concentrate...sorta...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sometimes outsourcing companies give pitches to bigger companies, something like "this is what we bring to the table"

No real confirmation of anything, imo

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Reboot?

Natsu and Sophitia (lookin young and good) in the same game makes me think reboot. Nightmare looks fucking sick.

Lizardman please.

No Lizardman no buy.

Tyaren

Sometimes outsourcing companies give pitches to bigger companies, something like "this is what we bring to the table"

No real confirmation of anything, imo

Yep, that's why there is a big question mark in the title. ;)
But for months things have been hinting at an upcoming announcement of Soul Calibur 6, it is the series 20th anniversary after all. Gamescom and TGS were in the talks...

Mediking

Do I even want that? I feel like I'm legit gonna start getting red in the face from seeing a next gen Ivy

Maybe even start sweating

I don't know if I want that, it's a fighting game and I need to concentrate...sorta...

Next gen IVY Valentine would make many people scream in ectasy. It needs to happen!

Squire

Banned
But for months things have been hinting at an upcoming announcement of Soul Calibur 6, it is the series 20th anniversary after all. Gamescom and TGS were in the talks...

Oh? Which talks?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
A while back the Soul Calibur FB had a poll on what characters people wanted back for a new game.

I was really sad to see "Lizardman" and "Aeon" were split into two characters and both ended up on page 4 out of 5. I think if they combined those votes he'd at least be on page 3 if not 2.
I'M CONCERNED, OKAY?!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Yeah it could be a case of Namco sending art tests around, but I dont think they would outsource char designs really ...

For the love of God give me a Soul Caliber 6 that is basically a reboot with most of the original cast / fan favorites and heavy single player content.

I will give you all my money

Paging Monocle

None of these designs are really speaking to me, but I'm definitely on board for more SoulCalibur. (P.S. We need Hwang back please.)

OmegaDL50

what did they do to nightmare

Well it makes sense I guess. It is no longer a guy in a suit when Siegfried was being controlled by Soul Edge. but is now the sentient malice of the sword.

So a more demonic looking Nightmare makes sense, of a demonic sword possessing an old suit of armor.

I want Cervantes back.

Or another dual wielding sword user.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
First picture is "not Naruto, we swear" Natsu

David-Bowie-Feels-Your-Pain-In-Wince-Reaction-Gif.gif

The others... kind of a mixed bag. Last Kilik and middle Sophitia are all right I guess. Nightmare looks a little overdone.

I should be excited at the idea that a new SC is coming at all, but I can't help but critique...

Lizardman please.

No Lizardman no buy.

post-31465-Patrick-Bateman-Head-Nod-gif-Y-EPiB.gif

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
That Nightmare looks like something out of Silent Hill.

I like Right Kilik, and I'd like any of the three Sophitias (Middle I suppose is most true to character, Right is personal preference, because reasons.)

New Soulcalibur mobile game incoming!

EDIT: character designs look just flamboyant enough over their originals to fill in for lack of compelling gameplay...

Still don't believe it. The series is dead.

However, if it does happen, don't count on a Sophitia boob window making the cut lol. Maybe the middle design would be alright.
But then there's the issue of Ivy.. yeah, I don't envy Namco's job with making designs that are 'acceptable' in 2016.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
god I hate that new blonde ninja.

Right? And if you look up her backstory, it's pretty much "Naruto, but a girl"

Anyway, there are some more pictures that aren't in the OP. They look more refined:

natsupassionrepublic2-jpg.46657

kilikpassionrepublic2-jpg.46656

sophitiapassionrepublic2-jpg.46661

nightmarepassionrepublic2-jpg.46659

Still don't believe it. The series is dead.

However, if it does happen, don't count on a Sophitia boob window making the cut lol. Maybe the middle design would be alright.
But then there's the issue of Ivy.. yeah, I don't envy Namco's job with making designs that are 'acceptable' in 2016.

Soul Calibur always has sexy designs if that's what you mean. If Taki could get in with her nipples visible in a mesh suit or whatever... this is nothing. Come on man.

Top Bottom