• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of yourself, if you dare...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
OMhz93s.jpg
me

Catphish

Failure, betrayal, disappointment, and despair are all great for building character. :messenger_moon:

People can really suck. But not everyone is a PoS, a liar, or a coward. While you still draw breath, there's usually opportunity to reinvent yourself and shake up your environment and meet new people or make amends with the folks who are worth it, learn something new, read something inspiring, see something breathtaking, or just have a good conversation over a beer if put yourself out there without expectation of outcome and just engage with people on a human level.

I'd wager most of us have been through some shit. Honestly, I don't have much interest in conversation with someone who hasn't suffered or struggled.

A great thing about life is that you can approach so much of it on your own terms if you truly want to. Turn off Facebook and Instagram and all that bullshit posturing. Learn something new. Go somewhere you've never been before. Change your job or career. Find a passion and fight for it. Bring positive vibes with you where you go, even if you have to force it out of you. It'll circle back around enough times to matter.

You're among friends here. :lollipop_fire:
I already got my Kissing Up to the Boss achievement, so you can believe me when I say, you seem like a pretty good dude, dude. 👍

hecatomb

Banned
Don't know about being depressed, but I found my self completely turning into a hermit, I don't remember the last time going out in the past 5 years now. Ive almost completely shut people out now, and I'm not sure if ill ever want to be part of society again. The only time I leave my place now is to get food then come home. Mostly cause for myself, I feel like nothing is ever good enough for anyone.

Don't know about being depressed, but I found my self completely turning into a hermit, I don't remember the last time going out in the past 5 years now. Ive almost completely shut people out now, and I'm not sure if ill ever want to be part of society again. The only time I leave my place now is to get food then come home. Mostly cause for myself, I feel like nothing is ever good enough for anyone.

Peoples perspectives change after traveling to different countries. Maybe you'd do better in one with a much different culture?

I went to Slovakia once and I hope I can go back and live there...

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say that, as much as I disagree with your opinions, there's something about seeing that you're a real person that softens me a bit.
We are all real people mang. Never forget that.

Top Bottom