• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of yourself, if you dare...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I1mg1Te.png

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It's at "Dalsnibba", close to the Geiranger fjord in Norway.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about (the Geiranger fjord):
This looks pretty amazing, if I ever make it to Norway (it's on the same continent, so why not!) I will have to visit this place :).

Fox the Sly

Don't take this the wrong way but your fiance' is sexy.

Hey man, like the late Patrice O'neal said "You don't want a woman you can tell to go to the liquor store at 3am and no one bothers her. Like 'no, bitch, cut through the alley' I already talked to the bums and they don't want you."

lol

TFGB

It's at "Dalsnibba", close to the Geiranger fjord in Norway.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about (the Geiranger fjord):
Stunning.

I spent Christmas and New Year in Norway a few years back(Malangen Brygger). We had about 5 hours of daylight! Unbelievably romantic though.

CatCouch

Everyone's pictures are awesome! Love seeing everyone's faces, the sweet significant other photos, and the beautiful sceneries. CatCouch CatCouch , you're an awesome artist and I just added you to my DeviantArt watch! VAL0R VAL0R , thanks for posting those adorable pictures - Your daughter is absolutely precious!
Aww, thank you~

It is great getting to see people here! Putting a face to posters here certainly helps humanize us!

VAL0R

Banned
Everyone's pictures are awesome! Love seeing everyone's faces, the sweet significant other photos, and the beautiful sceneries. CatCouch CatCouch , you're an awesome artist and I just added you to my DeviantArt watch! VAL0R VAL0R , thanks for posting those adorable pictures - Your daughter is absolutely precious! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Here’s one of me with my hair longer, and also a picture from Basic Training, which I love because you can see the terror in my eyes if you look closely. I was 17, 1985 at Ft. Sill Oklahoma.

Gez, you look exactly like one of my good friends, Chris. He's the same age as you too, both of you guys still have a hint of a baby face (A good thing).

appaws

Banned
Hey Appaws, who is the cartoon rat in your icon and on your hat?

That's the logo of Screeching Weasel. My favorite band and the pride of the Chicago Punk scene. All I need in that pic is some Lou Malnatis and a can of Old Style and I couldn't be more Chi-town.

VAL0R

Banned
That's the logo of Screeching Weasel. My favorite band and the pride of the Chicago Punk scene. All I need in that pic is some Lou Malnatis and a can of Old Style and I couldn't be more Chi-town.
I was going to say, "nah, you could have a big slice of deep dish hanging out of one hand, then I googled Lou Malnatis, lol. My brother is a huge Bears fan to this day ever since we were little kids (5 and 6) watching the '85 Bears.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Oh gosh, no... I'm way too shy for anything like that. The closest I ever got to fame was is the M.U.G.E.N 2D fighting game engine community nearly twenty years ago by doing original animation for "SuperMario", as well as a joke character called "Omega Tom Hanks." :pie_ssmiling:

Holy shit I loved those versions ... I remember looking through this site where you could download zip files for characters and I swear SuperMario, Omega Tom Hanks, and Omega Tiger Woods used to be the craziest additions to my client. All my childhood haha.

To be honest I'd never thought I'd be on NeoGAF reminiscing these moments... a pleasure to meet you after so many years of playing M.U.G.E.N. You helped make my life fun as a middle schooler who hated his life back then haha.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Holy shit I loved those versions ... I remember looking through this site where you could download zip files for characters and I swear SuperMario, Omega Tom Hanks, and Omega Tiger Woods used to be the craziest additions to my client. All my childhood haha.

To be honest I'd never thought I'd be on NeoGAF reminiscing these moments... a pleasure to meet you after so many years of playing M.U.G.E.N. You helped make my life fun as a middle schooled who hated his life back then haha.

Thank you so much! Your post totally made my day!
(It's a pleasure to meet you, too!)

My whole purpose for creating SuperMario was for people to have fun, and for the ridiculousness of Omega Tom Hanks to make people laugh. I had so many plans, including a huge crazy boss fight with KingBowser, and a very powerful Metroid Prime inspired SamusAran. I had even planned on creating a fighter of Link, the Predator, and Tetsuo from Akira at one point. Unfortunately, the reality of adult life and responsibility sank in, and there was simply no time for any of it.

Here's a look at the KingBowser boss I had planned way back in 2002. (You can tell how old it is through the use of a couple of textures from that old 3D editing program, Bryce.) It was going to be pretty chaotic, involving nearly every Mario game enemy in some way as assist enemies...

supermario_vs_kingbowser_by_ailynn_shinsamus-dcn9a3i.png

(Okay, I don't want to derail the topic...so back to photos!) :messenger_halo:

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Me with my hunny before her First Communion.
10wqpo5.jpg
Yep, you look like the kind of guy i could toast a beer with. Awesome little family you have there :)

My wife and me.
jsb3pt3.jpg

Me and my daughter!
vHchx7Y.jpg
You two both look like famous people:
The miss from Robin from How I Met Your Mother.
Yourself like a better looking Andy Serkis, specifically from the movie Black Panther. Hell, you could be his son, especially in the latter shot.

85991_v9_bb.jpg

As for myself:
I looked at this thread and i was pondering to post a picture since i am not fond of selfies. How would GAF react to a custom pic exclusive? ;)

I gotta say that, as much as I disagree with your opinions, there's something about seeing that you're a real person that softens me a bit.

I totally agree. I don’t know about others but I tend to associate the person with their avatar hitch can cause some weird dissociation for me at times. I’ve been quite an asshole lately constantly judging others and then feeling guilty about it afterwards.

This isn’t the first time and it probably won’t be the last but I’m trying to get back to the compassionate and caring person I was when I was younger. 12 years of constant financial and emotional difficulties have really soured me but as long as I’m still breathing there is hope.

You’re all beautiful GAF and I appreciate those with the courage to post their pics. For those who are weary I totally understand too. In these times something as simple as posting a selfie can be freakin scary.

Papa

Banned
I totally agree. I don’t know about others but I tend to associate the person with their avatar hitch can cause some weird dissociation for me at times. I’ve been quite an asshole lately constantly judging others and then feeling guilty about it afterwards.

This isn’t the first time and it probably won’t be the last but I’m trying to get back to the compassionate and caring person I was when I was younger. 12 years of constant financial and emotional difficulties have really soured me but as long as I’m still breathing there is hope.

You’re all beautiful GAF and I appreciate those with the courage to post their pics. For those who are weary I totally understand too. In these times something as simple as posting a selfie can be freakin scary.

He does post some really dumb shit which makes it hard though, but he's not the only one.

He does post some really dumb shit which makes it hard though, but he's not the only one.

I hear you and I definitely disagree with a lot of things that people post here but we all have such varying perspectives and backgrounds it isn’t too surprising.

I’ve certainly said some pretty dumb shit on here myself. 😂

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Loving the sweet family pictures, everyone!

Ailynn Ailynn To be honest i'm kind of curious to see this Omega Tom Hanks...

He's really not impressive on a technical level at all, as we had rushed to make him over a weekend for April Fools Day release. His "animation" is pretty bad, and he's only really funny for a few minutes before it gets old, but that's kind of what we wanted for him. He was made strictly for a weird random gag, and to be an invincible fighter to poke fun at the ridiculously overpowered DBZ fighters people had been making at the time. Mario has a ton of animations, and a 6-minute ending...which also poked fun at the overpowered characters of the time. :messenger_relieved:

Most YouTube videos of SuperMario and Omega Tom Hanks actually fighting have awful framerate quality, but here are a couple of related videos:

Here is SuperMario's ending (although blurry and with alternate music):

Omega Tom Hanks tearing his way through the mushroom kingdom:

Last edited:
Loving the sweet family pictures, everyone!

He's really not impressive on a technical level at all, as we had rushed to make him over a weekend for April Fools Day release. His "animation" is pretty bad, and he's only really funny for a few minutes before it gets old, but that's kind of what we wanted for him. He was made strictly for a weird random gag, and to be an invincible fighter to poke fun at the ridiculously overpowered DBZ fighters people had been making at the time. Mario has a ton of animations, and a 6-minute ending...which also poked fun at the overpowered characters of the time. :messenger_relieved:

Most YouTube videos of SuperMario and Omega Tom Hanks actually fighting have awful framerate quality, but here are a couple of related videos:

Here is SuperMario's ending (although blurry and with alternate music):

Omega Tom Hanks tearing his way through the mushroom kingdom:

Omega Tom Hanks was everything I had hoped he would be, this genuinely made me laugh

Top Bottom