• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post great scenes from great movies...

This entire movie, 138 mins long, filmed IN ONE TAKE with one camera and actually great.

MV5BMTc5NzQzNjk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU0MjI5NjE@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Movies have been great to me all those years. I don’t know how many videos a single post can take but I love this thread already. I’ll participate:

If you like Goodfellas, I'd highly recommend this video. It's from one of those you tube channels that doesn't put out many videos, but every video they do is really good. This channel looks at the real history behind some of your favorite "based on a true story" type movies, and the reality behind Goodfellas is pretty fascinating.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
If you like this movie, I'd highly recommend this video. It's from one of those you tube channels that doesn't put out many videos, but every video they do is really good. This channel looks at the real history behind some of your favorite "based on a true story" type movies, and the reality behind Goodfellas is pretty fascinating.

Thank you for this! I’ll watch it definitely

Nope I actually had no idea that there was a sequel :O

Will definetly try to watch it now. If I can get my hands on it. Seems to be rather hard to get by from what I can see?
I only discovered its existence when I spent a year living in New Zealand. I imagine it probably is tricky to get hold of.

Stitch

Gold Member
Ip Man
Wing Chun Against 10 Karate Black Belts

Hard Boiled - The Hospital Scene.

Tom Yum Goong

9UiL1se.gif

If I would be pressed to choose the single best acting job of all time. It would be DDL in There will be blood. No doubt.

For me, he's one of the very, very few actors that becomes other people. Watching two of his movies back to back, and he's not the same. Some actors just play "themselves" or are obviously acting. He's "transforming." He's easily my favorite actor - in terms of craft - ever to grace the screen.

Last edited:
It may be kinda corny but I enjoyed this scene from Skyfall

The “in the shadows” comment throwback to her conversation in the beginning of the film, the poem, it worked for me

“How safe do you feel?”

Pagusas

Elden Member
Armageddon: best president speech ever and one of the finest few minutes of images every put on film.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Blade Runner 2049 - Water Fight (spoiler)

“I’m the best one.”

I got like 60000 more I wanna share but feel like I’m drowning the thread. I’ll wait a bit

Such a fantastic movie, and a great followup to the original. The ending too is fantastic and heartbreaking.

Wrath of Khan - The needs of the many

How is this not here yet

Great scenes from two of my favorite movies. Here are some more:

For those who haven't seen the movie yet, John Wick 3: Parabellum has a fantastic scene near the beginning that the rest of the movie cen't match. The rest of the movie is still great though.

Seven Samurai has a ton of great moments, but these are one of the few available on YouTube. Even in this one scene shows how masterful Akira Kurosawa was at editing and setting the tone of a scene.

I think comedic moments count as well no? This for me is the funniest scene from The Princess Bride, a movie filled with so many hilarious moments. Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin and even Andre the Giant all show great comic timing here.

There are a ton of other scenes I could post, but for brevity's sake I'll post what I think is the greatest scene in all of cinema:

That line is just so random and hilarious I still laugh when I think about it.

Alliteration on steroids. I love it.

One of the most cathartic and moving scenes I've ever witnessed in cinema. (placed in context of the preceding, of course.)

The middle finger to corrupt authority never fails to seduce me. "Please, have mercy!" "Oh, not tonight bishop, not tonight." Chills.

I know it's alot of V, but that's one of the handful of films I can watch repeatedly without fatigue.

Last edited:

Liljagare

I almost posted that V monologue but someone got it first. Such a great film. Anyways, my contribution from"Marley and Me" (though if you haven't really seen the film, not one to click on). I chose it because I can't even get through reading the script without sobbing, much less watch it. Really a good film and Owen Wilson is a great actor.

"The Great Dictator" . They should just project this onto the Washinton monument or on a big screen on the Mall continuously.

Liljagare

Two more because there are way too many good films:

"Empire of the Sun" - I think that this scene really made the film. Christian Bale is a great actor.

"Pulp Fiction" - The whole movie is just one great scene. But Christopher Walken's Gold watch scene makes me laugh everytime :)

Top Bottom