• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your gaming setup - 2005 Edition

Tabris

Well I was borrowing a digital camera from a friend so I thought I may as well take pictures of my gaming setup. Also since the last thread has a bunch of red X's, I thought we should start a 2005 edition.

Here's my TV, a Toshiba 34" HDTV
tv.jpg

Here's my consoles and components. DVD, PS2, Gamecube and SNES (2nd version)
components.jpg

Here's a picture of everything including my cable box and a/v receiver.
audio.jpg

Here's my TV with my game/dvd bookcase closed.
bookcase4.jpg

Here's my bookcase opened.
bookcase0.jpg

Here's closer pics of my dvds and games. Not included are my SNES games which are packed away, I'll post pictures of those once they're unpacked.
games.jpg

bookcase2.jpg

bookcase3.jpg

Here's a general view of my living room, it's pretty small cause I'm downtown.
view.jpg

Swat

A Hero's Hero!
I've been meaning to take some more pics now that my setup is complete, thanks for making the post to get me motiviated to do so :) Last September I got a DLP projector - this pic is the first day I got it. Since then I've built the screen, painted the room, calibrated the picture, etc. So it's just a teaser for now - the image is 120" diagonal and 8' across.

6100_Xbox001.jpg

6100_Xbox022.jpg

6100_Xmen_01.jpg

aoi tsuki

Tabris said:
Well I was borrowing a digital camera from a friend so I thought I may as well take pictures of my gaming setup. Also since the last thread has a bunch of red X's, I thought we should start a 2005 edition.

tv.jpg

components.jpg

audio.jpg

bookcase4.jpg

bookcase0.jpg

Here's closer pics of my dvds and games. Not included are my SNES games which are packed away, I'll post pictures of those once they're unpacked.
bookcase1.jpg

bookcase2.jpg

bookcase3.jpg

view.jpg
i'd be paranoid someone would break that window and steal all my stuff.

Tabris

It's on the fourth floor of an apartment building. It's the first apartment floor above the retail shops below (chapters and such).

Only people who can break in are people on the same floor as me and I have a security system anyways.

That's one fine setup, Tabris. The bookcase in particular - I don't think I've seen one before that looks like that.

But I'm guessing you're not much a PC gamer by comparison?

Tabris

bitwise said:
no xbox -100

If you mainly played japanese games, would you keep your xbox? especially if you could borrow a friend's for Halo 2 whenever you needed?

Yeah, I'm mainly a japanese console gamer. RPGs (and all variations), Metal Gear, Castlevania, some fighting games and Nintendo games for me.

I do ADORE Civilization though (the pc game), but all my pc games are hidden in my desk. Plus I wouldn't want to let people on this board know I actually own Diablo II with all the hate I give to western rpgs :)

You guys should post more pictures of your setups. My setup has been inspired by reading all the setup threads on this board.

novery

Tabris said:
If you mainly played japanese games, would you keep your xbox? especially if you could borrow a friend's for Halo 2 whenever you needed?

Well, yeah. Ninja Gaiden, DOA games, Otogi 1 & 2, Phantom Dust, Soul Calibur II, Panzer Dragoon Orta... there aren't a ton, but you're missing out on a few good titles.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Swat said:
I've been meaning to take some more pics now that my setup is complete, thanks for making the post to get me motiviated to do so :) Last September I got a DLP projector - this pic is the first day I got it. Since then I've built the screen, painted the room, calibrated the picture, etc. So it's just a teaser for now - the image is 120" diagonal and 8' across.

6100_Xbox001.jpg

6100_Xbox022.jpg

6100_Xmen_01.jpg

Cool. What DLP projector?

I'm gonna set up my projector gaming set up in the summer. Probably gonna get an LCD projector though, Panasonic AE700 more than likely. Can't go as big as 120" though as the room isn't that big, around 90" should suffice.

How did you go about making your screen?

Any1

Tabris said:

tv.jpg

components.jpg

audio.jpg

bookcase4.jpg

bookcase0.jpg

bookcase1.jpg

bookcase2.jpg

bookcase3.jpg

view.jpg

I bet you could really make that room look good, if you would add some IKEA furniture to it. :) But seriously, that setup looks pretty damn cool. A hell of alot better than what i have set up.

Tabris

Glad to see you noticed Lufia :)

Well, yeah. Ninja Gaiden, DOA games, Otogi 1 & 2, Phantom Dust, Soul Calibur II, Panzer Dragoon Orta... there aren't a ton, but you're missing out on a few good titles.

I hate DOA, never played Otogi, Ninja Gaiden or Phantom Dust. Soul Calibur II is multi-platform with better characters and controllers. I absolutely adore Panzer Dragoon Orta and still have it packed away for whenever I borrow an xbox. Otherwise, except for JSRF and Shenmue 2, there's not much reason to keep an xbox if you're a japanese gamer.

Any1 said:
I bet you could really make that room look good, if you would add some IKEA furniture to it. :) But seriously, that setup looks pretty damn cool. A hell of alot better than what i have set up.

Thanks! That bookcase is a BILLY bookcase from Ikea. So is the light. So is the catalogue on the top of my component stand.

What I really need to do is add some personality to the room. I need a bit better lighting, I need some artwork (I saw some nice one's at ikea) for my walls and in general, just add things that reflect my personality a bit more.

You should post pictures of yours too. I mean only two people have posted pics so far :(

Swat

A Hero's Hero!
Great King Bowser said:
Cool. What DLP projector?

I'm gonna set up my projector gaming set up in the summer. Probably gonna get an LCD projector though, Panasonic AE700 more than likely. Can't go as big as 120" though as the room isn't that big, around 90" should suffice.

How did you go about making your screen?

BenQ 6100 - it's an amazing deal too, I paid $1260 CDN for it about 5 months ago. I believe it just dropped to about $700 USD ballpark. You won't be disappointed with the AE700 though, from what I've heard it's an amazing projector for gaming.

I'm going the budget route as it's my first projector, so what I did was research threads on www.avsforum.com on how to DIY. Used several coats of Behr Ultra Pure White (Matte), and my father in law made a custom wood border.

I think projectors are gaining some serious momentum now, people are usually shocked at how great the picture is - and how cheaply it can be accomplished.

Swat

A Hero's Hero!
Tabris, that's a great setup. The bookshelf looks sweet with the frosted glass, I still need to look into getting a nice one to hold my swag as well. Too bad that PSP thing will be sucking my wallet dry in March :(

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Tabris where do you live? Aren't you afraid of someone looking through that window, smashing it, and grabbing all your stuff?

bitwise said:
no xbox -100

I'd really like to see your collection.

shpankey

not an idiot
Damn, you need a curtain like a MOFO! All that harsh light in your room makes it a yuky environment to play games in (unless it's night time). Get a curtain dude.

Plus, no Xbox = uncool.

Tabris

Tabris where do you live? Aren't you afraid of someone looking through that window, smashing it, and grabbing all your stuff?

I live in an apartment downtown. It's on the floor above all the retail shops (4th). So only person who can grab all my stuff is people on the same floor. They would have to jump out of their patios and then run in those bushes to look into my window.

shpankey said:
Damn, you need a curtain like a MOFO! All that harsh light in your room makes it a yuky environment to play games in (unless it's night time). Get a curtain dude.

I have blinds. They're currently up.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Been posted before already in some other contexts, here are latest pics of my setup:

Livingroom - Hitachi 42" plasma monitor, Panasonic 5.1 speakers, Panasonic DTS / DD receiver, Panasonic HDD/DVD, PS2 slim, Cube, Xbox (behind the doors because fugly), Nintendo DS, PSP, iPod 20GB (yeayea I know the cable should be in the line out). All games + dvds behind doors to remove visual clutter:

chlivingroom7rs.jpg

Working room - Powerbook G4, PSP, Airport Extreme:

chaviation2jv.jpg

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Chittagong said:
Been posted before already in some other contexts, here are latest pics of my setup:

Livingroom - Hitachi 42" plasma monitor, Panasonic 5.1 speakers, Panasonic DTS / DD receiver, Panasonic HDD/DVD, PS2 slim, Cube, Xbox (behind the doors because fugly), Nintendo DS, PSP, iPod 20GB (yeayea I know the cable should be in the line out). All games + dvds behind doors to remove visual clutter:

chlivingroom7rs.jpg

chaviation2jv.jpg

You again!

In other news, I finally settled on a light shade for my room Chitta. Not as cool as yours, but I had to make do. :lol

Tabris

Chittagong said:

Wow, that's amazing. Not my style, but amazing. Only suggestion I would have is to add a low-light behind your TV.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Great King Bowser said:
You again!

In other news, I finally settled on a light shade for my room Chitta. Not as cool as yours, but I had to make do. :lol

Cool, what did you get? I suck at buying light shades. I still have two rooms without any lightshade whatsoever because I can't seem to find any cool ones. I have the one in livingroom only because my mom spotted it in some Swedish fleamarket and picked it up for me.

Swat

A Hero's Hero!
Tabris said:
Here you go if interested.

Billy Bookcase - $75 CDN

Billy Glass Doors - $140 CDN

You can get smaller options too. That screen you have is insane though! It looks massive!

You don't live in Vancouver by any chance? First thing I thought when I saw the pics..

Anyway.. that's IT for the bookcase? Wow that's an insane deal.. don't want to rip off your setup or anything but I might be taking a look at those very soon :)

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Chittagong said:
Cool, what did you get? I suck at buying light shades. I still have two rooms without any lightshade whatsoever because I can't seem to find any cool ones. I have the one in livingroom only because my mom spotted it in some Swedish fleamarket and picked it up for me.

Think it was this. Nice and simple I guess, just lacking the cool bit in the middle yours has. :)

I'd post some pics of my set up, but my TV got stolen (don't worry, by a family member :lol) so all my consoles are temporarily cluttering the living room floor.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Great King Bowser said:
Think it was this. Nice and simple I guess, just lacking the cool bit in the middle yours has. :)

Actually I have that one as well, in another room, although in black. Your chrome one looks lot better, though. The lampshade I have in livingroom is in fact a flat, round sheet of plexiglass with the thingy in the middle, hence the reflections.

bitwise

Banned
JC10001 said:
I'd really like to see your collection.

err.. why? i don't have much of one really. i sell em as soon as i finish em. I do have all 3 consoles. unlike tabris here, i can enjoy a wide range of games from all over the world :)

Tabris

Swat said:
You don't live in Vancouver by any chance? First thing I thought when I saw the pics..

Anyway.. that's IT for the bookcase? Wow that's an insane deal.. don't want to rip off your setup or anything but I might be taking a look at those very soon :)

Yeah, I live in Vancouver. Don't stalk me, kay? Haha :) j/k

Yeah, it may be a bit more depending on what colour you pick, but nothing more than 10 dollars.

ara

My setup isn't the most hip, but I have always been the utilitarian type... Still trying to find room for the 4th monitor... (to put on its side for vertical shooters of course). The one on the right is my favorite display, a Sony HR Trinitron PVM-1354Q:
DSC00311.jpg

And this is another oldie but goodie, a Sony XBR100. Thanks to service mode the picture is finely tuned and no overscan!
DSC00312.jpg

The living room:

1 32" Panasonic TX-32DK20D tv
1 US Xbox dated Sep 2001
1 PAL Xbox dated Feb 2004
1 PAL Dreamcast
1 JAP/US Gamecube
1 PAL Gamecube with GBA Player
1 PAL Saturn
1 US Playstation 2 with the FFXI harddisk used as a large Memory Card (f**k you Squareenix!!!)
1 PAL Playstation 2
1 Pioneer VSX-C100 DD-Receiver

setup.jpg

In the working room:

1 brand new Dell Dimension 5000 Desktop PC with a P4 3Ghz, 1 GB Ram, 160 GB Sata HDD, Geforce 6800 256 mb and a 19" Dell Flat Panel
1 PAL Xbox Limited Green dated sometimes 2003
1 PAL PStwo baught during the shortage
1 PAL Nintendo 64 (F**k you Nintendo for leaving RGB out!!!!)
1 GBA SP black
1 Gamegear
1 12" Powerbook G4 with 1Ghz

The room is a big mess, so no pics of it ^_^

I just completely remodelled my gaming room, but I don't want to take a picture until I get a new TV, which probably won't be until the end of the year now. Bah.

Jotaro

Banned
Mike Works said:
I just completely remodelled my gaming room, but I don't want to take a picture until I get a new TV, which probably won't be until the end of the year now. Bah.

Have you heard of the incredible Sanyo HDTVs (27 inches 599 CDN, 30 inches widescreen 899 CDN, 32 inches 1099 CDN) at Wal-Mart, Mike? Maybe one could really fit your needs IMHO.

Tabris said:

Ok, you asked for it. =)

Here's my TV, a Sharp 27"
100_0268.JPG

Here's my Xbox
100_0270.JPG

And the PS2
100_0271.JPG

VHS Collection.. keepin it old school...
100_0272.JPG

Game/ DVD Collection
100_0276.JPG

Desktop Setup
100_0290.JPG

PC Pics... I dont have any realy good pics of this, and I shuold have cleaned it up first, but it's still pretty shiny:
100_0281.JPG

It looks good in the dark too =) <dont bother telling me what the neon doesn't say... I already know I messed up the characters while cutting them out >
100_0278.JPG

Tabris

Mike Works said:

If it's going to be that long, you should post a picture anyways, even if you had some ghetto 13" black and white tv. Just to show off the remodelling job you did. I'm curious to see it.

Also if you have a before your remodelling too, that would be great to see.

hobart

Chittagong said:

chlivingroom7rs.jpg

chaviation2jv.jpg

Good to see the PSP is back... :lol @ your screen saver.

You mention a bunch of your toys... but NOT the shuffle??!! Lemme know... what do you think? I should be picking one up at the end of the summer to accompany for 20GB and 12" PB

Chittagong

Gold Member
Apple Jax said:
You mention a bunch of your toys... but NOT the shuffle??!! Lemme know... what do you think? I should be picking one up at the end of the summer to accompany for 20GB and 12" PB

It's brilliant - when you understand the context where to use it. You can read my detailed impressions here actually.

hobart

Chittagong said:
It's brilliant - when you understand the context where to use it. You can read my detailed impressions here actually.

Caught that only 30 minutes ago... nice impresions.

And I agree with you... people are totally misinterpreting what this thing is truly for. For someone like me (and yourself from what I gather), it's purpose is merely to enjoy music on the go... however :) For $100-$150 (less with student discount).. I can dig it.

Plus... if you lose it in a Heathrow BA Lounge... you're less likely to blow your mind over it! (Glad you fixing your iPod's dock setup as well :D )

M3wThr33

Banned
Call mine the busy-shit apartment.

Main shot. Left side = Sony, Right side = Nintendo. Gotta love the DS-TV setup. Also note Mr. Resetti, bongos and taiko drum, and the Goomba made from Perler beads. (11 other SMB characters not shown)

Closeup of main junk. PStwo, Sports edition Dreamcast, Cube, DVD player and stereo. Special note: Lara Croft PS1 mem card propping itself up using the plastic boobs on it.

Closeup of Sony-side. Mr. Resetti watches over it to make sure it plays fair. Bonus points for finding the Pocketstation

Nintendo-side being controlled by a small Yoshi, Banjo, Kazooie, Liz (From Rampage). Special notes: A NGPC.

Gamecube collection. Go ahead and mock Turok and MC Groovz Dance Craze.

Sideview

PS2 collection. Paris-Dakar was a gift from a friend from a friend.

Now some pics of posters around the house:

And we begin to delve into my room.
Killzone posters look cooler than the game.

More posters of stuff. Hi Alyx!

God of War, PoP, BG&E and bonus Mr. T and Colonel Sanders bobbleheads!

Da computa, lava lamp, THUG2 poster and Bionicle begins. . .

More Bionicle, Spongebob, Nerf guns including the N-Strike and Maverick Rev-6, and a Clank poster. (Mikey as Turtle Titan hanging on the windowblings cord)

Gundams and Bionicles line the top shelf.

Thank you for your time. Beefy will now see you to the exit.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Woohoo! Once again I can finally play due to the magic of digital cameratography! And in the spirit of laziness I'll just copy and paste from an earlier posting elsewhere...

Just so happens I've still got some pics of my setup lying around:

systems1.jpg

That's the main shelf. One PS2 from each region, on a video recorder (mostly used as a way of connecting 8-bit consoles to the projector). A few baskets of miscellaneous controllers and cables, and a couple of largely redundant Playstations on the top (these days there are also four sets of bongos up there).

systems2.jpg

The lower shelves behind the sofa have the amp/CD player on, a couple of GCs (one PAL, one NTSC switchable JP/US) and the Dreamcast and SNES. It's also the heart of the power system, with US-style and UK-style sockets.

systems3.jpg

The adjacent shelf has most of the rest of the systems: from left to right and top to bottom, the Jaguar, Megadrive, Atari 2600, XBox, Saturn, 3DO, and N64. At the bottom are the switcher boxes and DVD player.

games1.jpg

One of the bookcases for games. :)

screen1.jpg

The 'screen' (more of a wall, really) in action.

psyduck1.jpg

My Psyduck shelf.

What? Doesn't everyone have a Psyduck shelf?

Um...

No pictures, but at the other end of the room is a 32" Sony WEGA, with PAL XBox, PS2 and GC.

Mofo

My Batcave:

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

Nothing exciting, but gets the job done. It's the one room of the house my wife lets me have full control of, as I'm sure you can tell with the shitty sense of style.

Top Bottom