• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your favorite modern southern/blues/hard rock songs

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Rock n roll isn’t dead but sometimes it feels like it. But, that classic sound that was born and raised in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s is getting harder and harder to find.

I’m talking about the kind rock that is influenced by, blues, gospel, and swing. The kind that isn’t afraid to speak to the soul and even get religious sometimes. The kind the also knows how to turn your brain off and just have some fun. It doesn’t have to be southern rock or even American, but you know that sound when you hear it.

So, I’m using this thread to post some of my favorite NEWER classic rock songs. And please share yours with the rest of GAF. Just try to keep it within the last 10-15 years. It doesn’t have to be the whole band. Just maybe one song they did. And cover songs count!

The Pretty Reckless is an example of a band that doesn’t always have that classic sound but their latest album does. This is some Steve Earles/Charlie Daniels level shit right here:

Amen- Halestorm

Soulcreek- Black Stone Cherry

Rocky Mountain Way- Godsmack

I’m so lonesome I could cry- Volbeat

Last edited:
I realize this is probably more country than you're thinking but I am loving Sturgill Simpson. He has a couple of songs that are more in the rock realm like below. I'd read the lyrics while you're at it if possible, he is a great lyricist but it cat be tough to understand in the song. He's a Navy vet by the way.

This song is a lesson on life he wrote to his son:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I realize this is probably more country than you're thinking but I am loving Sturgill Simpson. He has a couple of songs that are more in the rock realm like below. I'd read the lyrics while you're at it if possible, he is a great lyricist but it cat be tough to understand in the song. He's a Navy vet by the way.

This song is a lesson on life he wrote to his son:

If county always sounded like this, I’d be a country fan.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Another great remake of a classic rock n roll song. Living After Midnight- Disturbed

They used Painkiller's drum opening at the beginning meh
Living After Midnight is Metal!

Last edited by a moderator:

GV82

Dunno if this counts but I discovered it through loudwire yesterday and I actually really like it, seems like a good vocalist.

Top Bottom