• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your favourite anime opening scene.

Fools idol

Banned
I'll start ; Ghost in the shell.

It's not my favourite anime overall (
ghost in the shell takes a seat to Akira for that) but this intro is badass. Amazing atmosphere, sound, visuals.

I plan to use this thread for finding good anime I haven't yet seen.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Hmm most opening scenese these days are just the song intros, they rarely do it like GITS anymore so I cant think of any other example tbh unless you want that kind of stuff or which first episode is the best.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
This is the only recent example that i can remember where the anime doesnt have the generic jpop song and spoilers and whatnot u see in every anime at the start though it does show in later eps.

The 1st ep hooked me permanently despite me not liking this particular type(its not very action oriented at all). It became one of my favs.

Last edited:

The_hunter

It's not on youtube, but Your Name has a great OP.
I personally really like abstract openings.

Last edited:

Doom85

So since the OP seems to mean intro scenes, not opening songs that play every episode, my vote goes to Kill la Kill.

The way Gamagoori enters the classroom and towers over them, the student running down the stairs and we see Gamagoori outside the windows falling and laughing, him hurling the student like a mile across the school yard, and after the beat down, we get the awesome zoom out that shows the massive school and town until the camera finally focuses on our lead Ryuko.

Just one hell of a way to start with the high manic energy that would carry throughout the series.

Kev Kev

I love the first few scenes of Bebop. It's so mysterious and noir and then going straight into Tank right after that is brilliant! Perfect opening.

Reactions: Fbh

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
OP credits = Elfen Lied -Lilium. Perfectly sets the mood for basically any of the fourteen episodes.

Actual opening of an anime = Dragon Ball. Entire first episode. Stock poser answer, but it just captures the VIBE of the entire series so well. Colorful, humorous, establishes characters that are still in people's minds today, and establishes the traits of those characters very well within 22 minutes. Has some mystery, sets up a quest, has two unlikely allies team up. Just ah. I can't say enough good things about the first episode (or arc. Or series, if we're being honest) of Dragon Ball. I kinda wish Toriyama went with his original plan and had the series finish up with the Frieza arc. It's puts a nice bow on Goku's journey and in a vacuum without knowledge of the Cells and Beeruses and what have you, Frieza makes sense as a final villain/final exam for everything Goku has been developing his character arc as the stereotypical hero of the heroes journey for. But that's a whole tangent and I took some gabapentin before typing so...yeah. Dragon Ball. First episode.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fbh

We are talking actual opening scene?

Can't find either on youtube but I always liked the opening from the original FMA anime. Was dark, set the tone and instantly grabbed you. Brotherhood ultimately tells the better story but I always proffered the art direction and music of the original 2003 show.

I also like the opening action scene from the Escaflowne move, I remember seeing at a long time ago in some video rental store and instantly being like "holy shit what is THAT?"

Or more like just the usual opening theme song with credits?

I liked death parade:

Top Bottom