• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your T H I C C booty bass + beats in here, I'd like to test the bass on a pair of headphones

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Borrowing a pair of nice AKG Studio reference headphones from my friend and I wanted to test their low end.

So, I humbly request either/or/and:

- songs with good low bass, whether bass guitar or a synthesized instrument
- songs with good percussion

Thank you.

Possibly my favorite song to listen to with a good pair of bass heavy headphones that have a good upper range as well... And just one of my favorites of all time. If this song doesn't sound good to me on ANY set of cans... I just won't bother.

Some bass heavy synth... I think. I don't really understand all these genres...

Also, this one sounds pretty great on my E-MU's. If you have time I suggest laying down, closing your eyes and letting yourself go on an adventure...

This has a solid bass line with percussion so might be more along the lines of what you are looking for...

Some techno rock with both percussion and deep bass...

Some Weeb Trash that I love with great bass... Stay away from me brap brap ...

https://open.spotify.com/album/5MruJPW5X4cal6bpN7llrF?highlight=spotify:track:3KLHSYHSmny4sJo2finqy9

Last edited:
obMGbPt.jpg

In all seriousness:

Timestamped

Last edited:
Another one of my favs I use for testing... Nice higher vocals with great lows.

Some more with a range of consistent lows and mids with percussion and vocals.

https://open.spotify.com/track/36ECEkodXYhLPyBHjZCEHh?si=aZxIGLfGSoS2inzQZ6q25w

Some nice hard hitting bass. No vocals.

Great song with some super low vocals toward the end. Always nice to hear some bass heavy vocals.

This guy is an inspirational figure in my life. I learned fingerstyle guitar from him on his channel. Over the years since he started I watched him go from a tiny sickly looking factory worker to a buff healthy looking man who was able to quit his job and do what he loves and still provide for his family. Figured I'd plug him and also give some instrumental to test. It's fingerstyle guitar. Everything you hear is done by him, uncut in real time, on just his guitar.

Very low lingering bass with vocals. Just a fantastic mix of bass of all ranges really. This is fits what you asked for to a T.

Last edited:
One last time with Gareth. I tried to find the covers and songs he did with good bass. Again, the best part about Gareth is that he provides free lessons for all of these. He is a great teacher if anyone is interested and even tiers his songs from beginner to advanced. And he even provides replacement techniques for some of the harder stuff he does for beginners.

Also, a million thanks to you DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi . This thread motivated me to fix my E-MU's instead of wait and send them in for repair when I have the money. The mechanism that fixed the earcups to the headband had broken. So I rigged a temporary fix and it actually works pretty well. If it holds up I might just keep it this way and save some money.

Man, what a flipping huge difference to my Astro's that I was using in the meantime...

So I've just been sitting here listening to all of the wonderful bass music that is being posted in this thread.

Except for the crap music... Not a fan, sorry.

Oh hey, I get to self-promote a dead, garbage, 15 year old Youtube channel.
Give these two a try if you don't mind potentially frying the headphones. Being old videos the quality is so so, but they have lots of very deep bass.
When Youtube was new, I made a few shitty bass tests where I inserted bass lines going as low as 3HZ into a few songs without messing around with any equalizers, pitch or tempo. Most frequencies are in the 20-40Hz range which a lot of headphones and speakers can barely output, if at all.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

^ if said headphones can handle this track they can handle anything. (even with the shitty youtube quality)

Top Bottom