• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential future Assassin's Creed settings hinted at in AC4 email

I didn't think Ubisoft was ever going to run into the problem of running out of cool history to explore but they are getting there quick.

Skeff

Someone at ubisoft talked about Egypt a few weeks ago, and we know the next game is in development.

Skyzard

Banned
The link in the first reply is very nice, yep if he goes to China or Japan, I will resume the series (jumping from 1).

-also need to have improved gameplay considerably since 1, don't want a re-skin, I've accepted the story as filler already

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
this amuses me for multiple reasons.

edit:

if you remember, Edward Kenway and being a pirate was also hinted at in Abstergo emails in AC3.

Elios83

Egypt, Japan and French Revolution are all great for me.
But the next game needs to be conceived for next gen consoles :/

Ominym

Banned
Egypt seems like it'd be a bit too similar to what we've seen before. A Japanese or Chinese setting would be interesting and certainly a change of pace.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'd love Japan. That'd be fantastic but only if they went back to the drawing board. Release a true-next gen version in 2 to 3 years. Won't happen though :/

Dead

well not really...yet
Summer of Love baby

Hippie assassin flower power with copious amounts of psychadelics!

AlphaK

While those settings sound really cool, the main problem with the series right now is that the core gameplay/mechanics have become stale.

They need to take a couple of years off(and hey you have Watch_Dogs there to take it's place for a while!) and shake a lot of things up.

tensuke

20th century summer of love? Summer lovin, had me a blast. Summer lovin, happened so fast. I met a girl, crazy for me. I met a boy, killed the templars.

19th century Tawai would kill the Whore of the Orient. Westerners would be the bad guys. Boxter revolutions and opium wars. Could be amazing really.

Feudal japan is too clichee after Pirates. Ninja and samurais... yay... At least give us Three Kingdoms China.

Egypt would be cool but a bit close to the Original AC ? Could work wonders too.

Summer of love of please...

French revolution could worked. I was pumped for this but after the road they took for Liberation and AC3 I'm not that excited about the time period.

stormplyr

Maybe a tribal India around the time Alexander the Great is making his push into India. They had war elephants at the time. IDK, maybe it would be cool. lol

Why not develop original games in those settings instead of painting over the same stale Assassin's Creed formula every year?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
French Revolution would be amazing, as long as they don't make the same mistake as AC3 and just have the assassin help out with historic events 'behind the scenes'. Make his or her storyline truly weave around the events without him or her being directly involved.

So, say, you have to enter the Bastille to rescue a fellow assassin or ally during the storming of the Bastille, but you're not actually responsible for it.

Ceebs

Shocked they did not go straight to French Revolution since they could have just jumped straight to Napoleon for the next one for asset reuse and the same main character.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
this amuses me for multiple reasons.

edit:

if you remember, Edward Kenway and being a pirate was also hinted at in Abstergo emails in AC3.
I'm thinking the first next-gen title would be the French Revolution given, you know, Ubisoft, so I'm guessing Egypt if the next one is cross-gen or France if the next one is next-gen only.

I'm thinking the first next-gen title would be the French Revolution given, you know, Ubisoft, so I'm guessing Egypt if the next one is cross-gen or France if the next one is next-gen only.

I think you're right. I'd imagine Ubisoft wants to give France its best effort which would mean a next gen only game which likely wont be feasible till 2015. Next year will probably see Egypt as you say. Another, better possibility is the raj era India setting from their last comic. That would be fantastic.

GetemMa

Feudal Japan seems like a no brainer.

Ninja's, Samurai's, I mean the gameplay mechanics just write themselves and it would be so much fun.

I once heard Ubisoft call this setting "too obvious"

I think that means it would be too god damn cool so we can't possibly do it, Uplay is awesome though right?

Top Bottom