• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POTUS agrees to debate Biden on Joe Rogan Podcast

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
The public's viewing habits say otherwise. The sort of things Trump and Rogan would be "allowed" to say would never fly on national TV. Biden would be an attendee to his own funeral, watching the narrative get shredded without any ability to put a halt to it.
Tulsi and Sanders were on there. Really the only major difference was that there was way more time to make your points in a relaxed and complete way. So the ideas people had get to be explained in full without constant interrupting. I don't really see a lot of confrontational stuff on Rogan since he's kind of able to get along with everyone. I don't think Biden and Trump would really hate each other in terms of personality either. Oh well, it'll never happen.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Tulsi and Sanders were on there. Really the only major difference was that there was way more time to make your points in a relaxed and complete way. So the ideas people had get to be explained in full without constant interrupting. I don't really see a lot of confrontational stuff on Rogan since he's kind of able to get along with everyone. I don't think Biden and Trump would really hate each other in terms of personality either. Oh well, it'll never happen.
Tulsi and Sanders weren't on there to debate, unless I missed that episode. They discussed their campaign platform with Joe and Joe asked them questions, but it wasn't a debate between two politicans. If you haven't seen a loosely moderated or unmoderated debate before then you don't know just how off the rails it can get, with the right middleman pushing the right buttons.

Joe "You Ain't Black" Biden would not fare well in a 1-on-1 with Joe Rogan, let alone a debate with Trump in the room.

clem84

Dec 11, 2011
Will never happen. Joe's people know there's no way he could get through 4 hours and still be able to convincingly defend his points.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
This would be brilliant and amazing for the American populace to see the two candidates for four hours, and not filtered thru the MSM. I am 100% behind this.

I also noticed that Trump signaled he would do it, and now the pressure is on the Biden camp. Rogan is super popular and this puts Bidens team in an awkward position of turning down Rogan. Any other candidate in history basically would leap at the chance but when your propping up someone with a teleprompter, 4 hours is an impossibility let alone even 1 hour of unfiltered Biden.

This will not happen and that is because of Joe Biden, period.

jason10mm

Feb 3, 2009
This is probably one of the reasons the polls keep Biden up. That way he looks to be the defacto winner so he doesn't "need" to do stuff like this.

Heck, does Biden even campaign? I can't see how he has anywhere near the polling they say when no one ever sees the guy and the few times he does show up he barely talks.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
This is probably one of the reasons the polls keep Biden up. That way he looks to be the defacto winner so he doesn't "need" to do stuff like this.

Heck, does Biden even campaign? I can't see how he has anywhere near the polling they say when no one ever sees the guy and the few times he does show up he barely talks.
He's trying to talk as little as possible. Can't blame him for that. Even Joe knows his mouth is a fucking bear trap that he commonly sticks his entire leg into.

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Most gaming enthusiasts would just call it a "side quest." Are you an open world or on-rails kinda guy?
Linear more and more cause the amount of side quests just gets out of hand, game length is not proportional to quality of content and by the end we forget about what the main story is all about in the first place. Hey, you're right, that does sound like Trump diversions....
You don't need to do side quests to complete the game but the mandatory line is not optional and shoudln't be discredited in favour of such in any case. They may do an axe throwing contest for all I care otherwise.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

shoplifter

Jun 7, 2004
ohio
You have to ride the mandatory program first before doing optional stuff. How about 3 scheduled debates or is it a play to discredit the format?
The current system of debates has been a joke since the League of Women voters pulled out (and the parties took them over) then became even more of a joke when they changed the rules to make it more difficult for Perot 2 to happen. They're an absolute sham.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Linear more and more cause the amount of side quests just gets out of hand, game length is not proportional to quality of content and by the end we forget about what the main story is all about in the first place. Hey, you're right, that does sound like Trump diversions....
You don't need to do side quests to complete the game but the mandatory line is not optional and shoudln't be discredited in favour of such in any case. They may do an axe throwing contest for all I care otherwise.
Surely one side quest with an awesome plot wouldn't be too diversionary. Plus, there might be a killer stat boost for completing it successfully. C'mon man!

• Fire

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Surely one side quest with an awesome plot wouldn't be too diversionary. Plus, there might be a killer stat boost for completing it successfully. C'mon man!
I think USA politics are enough of a reality TV show to give even more ammunition to having presidential debates hosted by a single individual with shifty convictions. Who's next: Colbert? Tucker? Maher? Oprah? There is no perfect format for a debate but there is a reason why you need at least some accreditation and restraint for such events otherwise the next time you'll have a dozen of such requests from all sides and it's just a farce at this point. I think the current format is not perfect but it does allow candidates to speak on a variety of questions without major bias, especially considering how Trump vs Hillary went and 3 debates is plenty to touch on a lot of points.

I don't agree such debasement of political process is necessary because these people don't apply for the position of a "cool bro who can hang our with a random radio show host best".

• Thoughtful

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I think USA politics are enough of a reality TV show to give even more ammunition to having presidential debates hosted by a single individual with shifty convictions. Who's next: Colbert? Tucker? Maher? Oprah? There is no perfect format for a debate but there is a reason why you need at least some accreditation and restraint for such events otherwise the next time you'll have a dozen of such requests from all sides and it's just a farce at this point. I think the current format is not perfect but it does allow candidates to speak on a variety of questions without major bias, especially considering how Trump vs Hillary went and 3 debates is plenty to touch on a lot of points.

I don't agree such debasement of political process is necessary because these people don't apply for the position of a "cool bro who can hang our with a random radio show host best".
Biden's first interview when he came out of hiding was with Cardi B, wasn't it?

• Thoughtful
Jan 2, 2011
If Joe would actually moderate it by cutting off mics and staying on topic this would be amazing. Giving two senior citizens who don't like each other a space to go off on tangents sounds like fun but could get annoying af fast.

Cleared_Hot

Feb 25, 2018
Yeah no chance Biden can go four hours. But also worth noting is, I don't think Rogan is up to par. He's not my best choice for asking the absolute most critical questions. But he could surprise us.

Pejo

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2009
If Joe would actually moderate it by cutting off mics and staying on topic this would be amazing. Giving two senior citizens who don't like each other a space to go off on tangents sounds like fun but could get annoying af fast.
Yea I don't know that I'd want 4 hours of this, but 1-2 of honest conversation and discussion could be something we've never seen in political debates.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Never gonna happen, but damn, that would be an amazing show. Joe Rogan is the perfect dude to interview presidential candidates and cut through the bullshit.

Last edited: