• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POTUS agrees to debate Biden on Joe Rogan Podcast

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
Agreeing to four hours was silly. There is no way Biden would do that. Make it 90 minutes. At least that would have maybe 1% chance of happening. Four hours is 0%.

Leyasu

Apr 25, 2014
I can't wait to see this.

Pensioner version of a dumb and dumber sketch. Gonna be a sight to behold

• LOL
Reactions: cryptoadam
Jan 9, 2018
Just 3 dudes debating across a table without any additional handlers or moderators. It would be glorious.

It also won't be allowed to happen, for that same reason. We have to keep up the facade that carefully screened questions from a panel of diverse female moderators is somehow better, when we all know that the current format is a complete waste of time.

Neil Young

Mar 26, 2020
I love that Trump agreed to it. Biden doesn't know what the fuck a podcast is or what Joe Rogan does but he will have to decline or ignore it. I watched Trumps speech in Vegas yesterday and he was up there for a long time, riffing when he needed to. Biden couldn't do it. He wouldn't be able to banter with Dana White and some UFC fighters. I'll be shocked if there is ONE debate.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
Moderators aren't supposed to be blatant sycophants for one of the candidates.

It would be like Trump agreeing to go on Pod Save America (although watching Trump attempt to articulate any policy would be entertaining).

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
You have to ride the mandatory program first before doing optional stuff. How about 3 scheduled debates or is it a play to discredit the format?
What law states we have to do the corporate backed, corrupt as hell CNN and MSNBC debates.

Moderators aren't supposed to be blatant sycophants for one of the candidates.

It would be like Trump agreeing to go on Pod Save America (although watching Trump attempt to articulate any policy would be entertaining).
Are you fucking serious? Have you seen the moderators the networks choose?

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
England, UK
If I was Spotify, I'd be hounding the Biden campaign like there's no tomorrow. They'd be getting their money's worth in just one show.

On a side note, I hate Joe's new studio. Last one had so much atmosphere, this one looks cramped, dark and uneasy on the eye; and I think the constant red is gonna cook my OLED. Looks like they're in an old 50s trailer.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
What law states we have to do the corporate backed, corrupt as hell CNN and MSNBC debates.

yeah i mean CNN was caught literally leaking questions to their fave

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
I don’t know Joe’s political leanings, Would he be more center and unbiased or does he lean a specific way?
Someone who listens to his show more regularly probably has a better idea than me but I’d say he has opinions on both sides of the spectrum. Bernie seemed to be the candidate he was most in favour of. So overall he probably leans left.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm still not 100% expecting regular debates simply because the Biden campaign probably feels they have far, far more to lose putting him against Trump.

Something like this seems beyond the realm of possibility.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Audiophile

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
England, UK
I don’t know Joe’s political leanings, Would he be more center and unbiased or does he lean a specific way?
Generally a little more left on most things and little right on a few others. But he tends to be more reasoned and less extreme on most topics, he also has guests (and friends) from both sides and strongly dislikes deplatforming.

I'd regard him as one of the most unbiased people in his position as he seems to default to centre and then veer one way or the other on a case-by-case basis rather than adhering to one ideology.

He's also for long form conversation and speaking on an equal level; rather than going for gotchas and trying to catch guests. He'll ask hard questions and push very hard sometimes to challenge people and make them back up their argument, [but he's never really rude or aggressive. A key component of this seems to be a lack of personal insecurity and no attachment to his own ideas.]

A big issue in terms of public persona (particularly when the farther left look at him out of context) is that he has 1500 podcasts ranging from 1hr to 6hrs (usually ~3hrs); and many podcasts are shooting the shit about aliens, dmt and chimps with friends and comics while stoned and/or drunk. But he also has really serious conversations with super-intellectuals; and I think a lot of people can't reconcile the two things as part of the same platform. Many will in fact use the lighter stuff to discredit the latter.

Ultimately, that's why I like it, he has people on from all walks of life that he's genuinely interested in and you get lots of variety.

[One prime example is he's fine with trans people transitioning and wishes them all the best (and very often defends them in some respects); but he's against trans women in sports (he's a UFC commentator and extremely well-versed in it) and he strongly questions hormone blockers in children; he's also just generally very open to talking about the overall area and questioning things in a healthy way. But he's very often labeled transphobic because he's not in total compliance and -- as a comedian -- has made a few jokes.]

Last edited:

Pagusas

Jun 9, 2006
Prosper, Tx
Generally a little more left on most things and little right on a few others. But he tends to be more reasoned and less extreme on most topics, he also has guests (and friends) from both sides and strongly dislikes deplatforming.

I'd regard him as one of the most unbiased people in his position as he seems to default to centre and then veer one way or the other on a case-by-case basis rather than adhering to one ideology.

He's also for long form conversation and speaking on an equal level; rather than going for gotchas and trying to catch guests. He'll ask hard questions and push very hard sometimes to challenge people and make them back up their argument, but he's

A big issue in terms of public persona (particularly when the farther left look at him out of context) is that he has 1500 podcasts ranging from 1hr to 6hrs (usually ~3hrs); and many podcasts are shooting the shit about aliens, dmt and chimps with friends and comics while stoned and/or drunk. But he also has really serious conversations with super-intellectuals; and I think a lot of people can't reconcile the two things as part of the same platform. Many will in fact use the lighter stuff to discredit the latter.

Ultimately, that's why I like it, he has people on from all walks of life that he's genuinely interested in and you get lots of variety.
Great writeup. Now tell me what Era would think of him, lol.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
So would this mean Biden would be canceled since he would be on the Rogan show? Remember Joe had Shaprio on and once made a planet of the apes joke. He is persona non grata and anyone who looks at Rogan is automatically a Neo Nazi white supremacist Hitler loving KKK grand wizard.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So would this mean Biden would be canceled since he would be on the Rogan show? Remember Joe had Shaprio on and once made a planet of the apes joke. He is persona non grata and anyone who looks at Rogan is automatically a Neo Nazi white supremacist Hitler loving KKK grand wizard.
He hasn't been cancelled for all the shit he's said and done up to this point, shows who controls the "cancelled" brigade.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008

Chris Wallace - Fox News
Susan Page - USA Today (Who it was revealed hosted a fundraiser/event for a member of Trump administration)
Steve Scully - CSPAN
Kristin Welker - NBC News

If you want to caller Welker a member of the fake news MSDNC, fine. But that's balanced out by Fox News. Seems pretty balanced

Reactions: cryptoadam

The Pleasure

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Two geezers yelling at clouds while one talks about fucking his daughter? This isn't Joe Rogan, this is Maury we looking for.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Won't happen because Joe can't stay awake for 4 hours at a time, but this would be amazing.
I’d love to watch this. It would be amazing. Does Rogan have enough pull to make a dent in Biden’s social media handlers though?

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Chris Wallace - Fox News
Susan Page - USA Today (Who it was revealed hosted a fundraiser/event for a member of Trump administration)
Steve Scully - CSPAN
Kristin Welker - NBC News

If you want to caller Welker a member of the fake news MSDNC, fine. But that's balanced out by Fox News. Seems pretty balanced
All of those channels/news orgs are irrelevant. If Rogan moderated they would clear 50 million views/listens. You might get 3 million views on the "major" networks. Would red pill a lot of people.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
All of those channels/news orgs are irrelevant. If Rogan moderated they would clear 50 million views/listens. You might get 3 million views on the "major" networks.
And he wouldn’t have to leave his basement win/win?

Audiophile

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
England, UK
Some of Joe's big guests have pulled in 5-15 million views each. Elon's first appearance hit 37 million. Trump + Biden would be through the roof.

Reactions: Sign