• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yea, him losing his cool annoys me.

Yup - thats what is supposed to separate him from Tommy or Kanan....but honestly in many ways they look more in control about themselves than him this season. Tommy just straight up murking someone is expected..with Ghost it doesnt fit - especially after this he would never kill a Cop, he is too smart etc.

LotusHD

Banned
Yup - thats what is supposed to separate him from Tommy or Kanan....but honestly in many ways they look more in control about themselves than him this season. Tommy just straight up murking someone is expected..with Ghost it doesnt fit - especially after this he would never kill a Cop, he is too smart etc.

I can understand it while on the stand... I guess. But flat-out murdering someone in prison, and the person isn't even another inmate? The fuck is wrong with him lol

HiiiLife

Damn shame this thread has no pages. Started binging it a few days ago and halfway through season 2.

I hate everybody but 50.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Possible but I would find that odd
she was really an inconsequential character and that's why they killed her. More likely that's he's Tommy's father.
Inconsequential in life maybe... but her death seems to be a continuing problem for tommy. tommys father would be too easy to predict, they would have just said it by now.

I also think ghost is the type that would already know everything there is to know about the man he works so close with. The man hes been best friends with. Tommys mom is a lose cannon, she probably would have said the fathers name in passing too. I think the question of tommys dad would have come out decades ago for ghost.

Hell, the fbi would have tried to connect tommy to the mob father by now if it were him.

The holly family mob story gives new enemies for the next season.

I could be 100% wrong, but we'll see. lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

New Man

Ghost finds himself trapped in a new business venture. Tommy escapes to Chicago for a meeting that takes a turn. With Ghost released, Jukebox and Kanan revisit their plan to kidnap Tariq.

Socivol

The newest episode
killed of Julio one of my favorite characters and Jukebox!
I was really, really, really hoping that
Tariq got killed
I'm so over him and his bullshit.

IKizzLE

Naw Kanan is trying to hurt Ghost where it counts the most. Kanan feels like Ghost took Shawn away from him and put him in a position to have to kill Shawn because of his loyalty to Ghost. Kanan is like the Prometheus of Power he's a couple steps ahead.

Welp....

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Major movement in tonight's episode. Damn!

I sat up straight in my chair when Kanan pounced on Ghost out of nowhere. I thought they were going to keep him in the shadows until the season finale - I definitely didn't expect the Slim/Tariq subplot to be wrapped this soon.

LotusHD

Banned
Damn, the whole Kanan/Ghost thing happened way faster than I thought it would, and resolved way faster than I thought it would too.

They've obviously been setting the grounds for Kanan clearly growing to like Tariq, but I didn't think it'd be as straightforward as Kanan straight up asking for Ghost's help to take down Jukebox. Speaking of Jukebox, that was pretty underwhelming how she went down; really the whole thing felt kinda rushed. Now... they're kind of cool? For now at least?

I mean, I don't really mind it, it's a lot more interesting actually keeping Kanan around I suppose. If they plan on having him "redeem" himself and get back on good terms with Tariq, that'd be
horrifingly
amusing considering all that's happened.

But hey, Tariq ain't exactly been the brightest kid, so who knows...

Anyone know where I can get a playlist for this show? I found one on spotify but it had a bunch of random songs that weren't even used in the show

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
50 Cent Lashes Out On Instagram, Threatens To Exit ‘Power’

Jackson posted a threatening photo collage on the social media platform with the caption,”I woke up feeling a little different about POWER this morning . If the biggest show on your net work doesn’t mean anything, what does your network mean STARZ? I’m taking my talents to south beach f*ck this.”

Jackson’s straight-forward threat to leave the show comes after Sunday’s episode, which was originally planned as a two-parter. The episode saw the death of two major characters and was supposed to include additional storylines. According to showrunner Courtney Kemp, Starz didn’t agree to extend the episode.

dyergram

Really enjoyed this latest episode this shows sort of a guilty pleasure for me but this season is actually wrapping stories up in a satisfying way. Was really rooting for neck tat dude in his fight and Kanans redemption was really well done.
Ps. I can't imagine the episode being any longer but maybe it would of made sense.

The episode was rushed garbage.

Kanan's redemption seemed forced and superficial. So let me get this straight: he's going to align with his hated enemy to set up his top soldier, someone who was down with him from the beginning and reared him back from the dead? All to save Ghost's kid? This the same guy that ended his own son for being too close to Ghost? WTF?

Yeah, I think I'm out.

LotusHD

Banned
I understand his frustration, but it was still a good episode and moved things along nicely without feeling rushed.

A certain other show should take notes...

Nah, it was definitely rushed. We've been waiting for this plot to unfold for awhile now. Now it just suddenly happens, and it's over in the same episode.

cw_sasuke

Things moved a bit too fast...and was this the first episode without Angela appearing ? Wonder what kind of future she has on the show at this point.

How good is this? A lot of my friend group hype this to ridiculous levels. However one of my friends dropped it a few episodes into season 1 saying it was dire.

I don't have time to watch many series these days, is this worth my time?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

You Lied To My Face

As Ghost moves forward with his new business, the St. Patrick family is thrust into the public eye. Also spotlighted: Tasha seeks out Silver and their relationship deepens; and when Tommy returns, Dre talks himself into a promotion.

How good is this? A lot of my friend group hype this to ridiculous levels. However one of my friends dropped it a few episodes into season 1 saying it was dire.

I don't have time to watch many series these days, is this worth my time?

Best way to describe it is "fun" or "popcorn pleasure". The acting and writing can be a mixed bag, some storylines feel a little contrived and how they're resolved can be a little too convenient at times. I guess Power could be described as a glossy soap in some respects but I see it as a guilty pleasure and I do like a lot of the characters.

cw_sasuke

I hate Tariq and that slimey Terry dude so much.......

Tommy is my man..honestly he is more of a main character than Ghost at this point - need more scenes with Lala though....lol.

IKizzLE

Another good episode. Man, Tasha is bad as fuck. And she is so ride or die it hurts. And finally the detectives get their heads out there ass and start looking through evidence instead of trying to make a case.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"I didn't leave our family. I left you"

OUCH

poor Tasha. She found a new man though at least.

Anyway, that was a good episode. Nice to see the lawyers finally start to put the pieces together re: Sandoval.

cw_sasuke

lol what?? Have I not been paying attention or has she not been in the show this whole time?

What would be the point of showing her all the time ? Ghost wasnt even living at home the last couple months and the other older kids have gotten way more screentime already.

HiiiLife

Halfway through season 3.

Did they really show
this dude 50s shit jacking off???
can't listen to GRODT the same ever again

Subscribing to the thread. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be much interest for this on NeoGaf.

Caught up to last weeks episode the other day. Tasha is fine as usual and Tariq is choosing the wrong time to go through his rebellion stage.

These people Tommy is trying to get territory from don't look like they'll oblige.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

It's Done

When Ghost sees that the location for the business is gang-infested, he re-teams with Tommy to clean it up. As Tommy threatens war, his organization starts to destabilize. Tariq is unhappy and looks to some old friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom