• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I thought the pilot sucked, horrible writing but decent acting. Did the writing get better? STARZ shows this about twelve times a day so if its good let me know.

BadAss2961

I thought the pilot sucked, horrible writing but decent acting. Did the writing get better? STARZ shows this about twelve times a day so if its good let me know.
I didn't think the pilot was all that great either. But I like the concept, so I kept watching.

The show gets a lot better, especially around mid-season to the end.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thought the finale was pretty good. Maybe the best episode yet, even if Angela didn't end up finding out about Ghost.

The show gets a lot better, especially around mid-season to the end.

I wouldn't say a lot better, but it does improve as it goes on.

Vert boil

My interest had waned over the season but I like the way they ended it. Just a shame that we didn't get a five minute scene of Holly being slowly killed.

Oh Tommy,
powerc1u68.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just a shame that we didn't get a five minute scene of Holly being slowly killed.

Holly is still alive though, right? It wasn't really clear, but when the ambulance was taking her away, I noticed that she was wearing an oxygen mask, which I don't think is something they do for dead people.

BadAss2961

Holly is still alive though, right? It wasn't really clear, but when the ambulance was taking her away, I noticed that she was wearing an oxygen mask, which I don't think is something they do for dead people.
Yeah, it looks like she'll make it.

Tommy will be pissed. He might also get the wrong idea about Nomar's last word being "Ghost." That along with knowing Angie's secret might make him question if he can trust Ghost. Ghost bullshitting all season long, leaving Tommy alone to do so many important things while he spends all his time with this undercover chick is not a good look. He might even think Ghost flipped.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tommy will be pissed. He might also get the wrong idea about Nomar's last word being "Ghost." That along with knowing Angie's secret might make him question if he can trust Ghost. Ghost bullshitting all season long, leaving Tommy alone to do so many important things while he spends all his time with this undercover chick is not a good look. He might even think Ghost flipped.

Yeah, when I first watched the pilot I actually suspected Tommy as the one who was working against Ghost (and I kept that suspicion in the back of my mind all season), so it wouldn't surprise me to see their relationship actually go downhill next season.

Okay this show looks cool, where do I watch this?

Starz

Tablo

Yeah, when I first watched the pilot I actually suspected Tommy as the one who was working against Ghost (and I kept that suspicion in the back of my mind all season), so it wouldn't surprise me to see their relationship actually go downhill next season.

Starz

Looks like Amazon Prime will get it soon, I'll wait for that I guess, and decide if I want to pay.

Vert boil

As Badass said she's still alive. I just want to see her butchered, slowly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Episode 1: 462K
Episode 2: 614K
Episode 3: 472K
Episode 4: 557K
Episode 5: 528K
Episode 6: 745K
Episode 7: 754K
Episode 8: 1.08 million

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Viewership for “Power” grew throughout the strong first season. The finale’s 9PM results (2.9 HH rating and nearly 1.1 million viewers Live+SD) more than doubled the series premiere results (1.3 HH, 462K Live+SD), as the series became “appointment viewing” for its ever-increasing core audience.

“Power’s” final weekend was also the best to-date. Nearly 2.5 million viewers watched the “Power” season finale over the weekend on STARZ (up more than 20% from the premiere weekend). In fact, “Power’s” final weekend outpaced all recent STARZ finale weekends since “Spartacus: War of The Damned.”

The freshman season of “Power” generated the largest concentration (71%) of African-American viewers of any scripted premium series since 2006.**** Furthermore, only HBO’s “Game Of Thrones” and “True Blood” drew larger numbers of African-American viewers of any premium series currently running compared to “Power” on STARZ

With new episode weekend viewership growing throughout the season, “Power” is averaging about 4 million viewers per episode across all platforms including STARZ linear, STARZ ON DEMAND and STARZ PLAY.

Source

Very impressive.

I just finished watching this show and I'm ready for the next season to start now.

I liked pretty much everything going on, and the only thing that really made me stop and say WTF!? was how 50 Cent was the driver's dad.

I know black don't crack, but the "son" is easily late 20's, and generously, I could push 50's age to maybe 45, but really he looks late 30's. Step son? nephew? cousin? brother? all that would have worked, not sure why they went with son.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Season 2 starts next Saturday (June 6) @ 9/8c.

James “Ghost” St. Patrick doubling down on his drug business to save his nightclub and dream of a legitimate future. Ghost’s work troubles pale in comparison to juggling his relationship with his wife, Tasha, and his first love, Angela, who’s also an Assistant US Attorney investigating his drug organization.

Ghost is set further back from his dream by his business partner, Tommy, who loves the drug game, and his former mentor, Kanan, fresh out of jail and looking for revenge. Ghost is in a race against himself: Can he get out of the drug game alive before Angela discovers who he is?

Season 1 recap

Season 2 trailer

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The second season premiere is tonight!

Consequences

In the Season 2 premiere, Ghost gathers himself after the botched attempt on his life, and gears up to increase his participation in the drug business. Meanwhile, Tommy takes a powder upon hearing that Angela is with the feds.

So that was interesting but very slow premiere, expected more to happen, but it's set up some future plot lines quite nicely.

Still having a hard time accepting the 50 and his kid plot line though, the kid looks damn near older than 50...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tommys mom lol... Why am I not surprised. Solid first episode but I don't remember the first season having as many music playback as this episode. Felt like every 5 minutes the played a whole minute of a current hip hop single.

I just hope this doesn't become the 50 show now that he's out.
Yeah that's what I'm scared of with him being the producer and all. Show should stay about Ghost but 50s importance will likely only increase. He seems like a character who would die this season.

cw_sasuke

I dont mind the reliance on the music but that Pusha track playing twice was jarring.
King Push heh.

Yeah I don't mind it much just never realized it as strong as today.

They really couldn't get someone else to play 50s son? Every scene they are in together feels off lol...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
With 1.43 million viewers, the 9 PM Season 2 debut of Power this weekend is now the most watched Starz Original series season debut in the channel’s history. The record was previously held by the 1.39 million who tuned in for the premiere of Spartacus: Vengeance on January 27, 2013. Perhaps more impressively, the Season 2 launch of Power was up 209% from what its Season 1 debut drew on June 7 last year. The S2 opener is also up 32% from what the first cycle’s finale pulled in on August 2, 2014.

Over all of Power’s plays this weekend, the show brought in 3.62 million viewers. Not only in that up 79% from what the S1 premiere weekend got and a 47% jump over the S1 finale weekend but the S2 Power debut weekend is now the most watched original series episode ever for the channel.

Season 3 renewal coming in 3...2...1...

I thought it was decent. I'm glad Ghost finally knows what kind of work Angela is doing.

Yeah, I'm glad they didn't drag it out. My worry was that they'd keep teasing it and have some scene play out where they both find out as he's about to get busted, but I fully expect that scene at some point anyway with them keeping Angela in the dark.

I also echo the concerns about 50. He's fine in small doses, I'd hate to see the show focus more and more on his character, he's just not very interesting.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Season 1:

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.42 million
Episode 2: 1.11 million
Episode 3: 1.14 million
Episode 4: 1.30 million
Episode 5: 1.24 million

Ratings:

Season 1:

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.42 million

Nice, happy to see it doing well.

Are we getting a full season this time or will it be eight episodes again?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

No Friends on the Street

Tommy signs on to assist Ghost in expanding the drug trade, but has a serious condition that must first be met, while Ghost is surprised to learn about Kanan getting out of jail.

cw_sasuke

Solid episode, things are getting more complicated for Ghost outside of the streets. Tommy is so stupid when it comes to Holly... Telling her everything lol. But yeah Angela is on his ass...he won't like that.

Worst job ever = being 50cents son. Dudes get shitted on by everybody.

Good episode. I'm liking the direction they've taken with Tommy, I feel he won't be long for this world with the way he's wrapped up in Holly.

The scene with Fiddy and his son in the toilet though. Jesus....

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Like We're Any Other Couple

Ghost brings Angela to Miami, where they indulge in the fantasy of being a couple, but reality brings them back to earth. Back in New York, Tommy and Kanan bond.

cw_sasuke

Man i wonder how Tommy will survive this season.

Also worst assassination attempt ever - really...

btw. Dont want the show to get centered about 50 - but dude doesnt play around so its entertaining right now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was the best episode of the season thus far. I'm glad Tasha has finally kicked Ghost to the curb. It's about time.

BadAss2961

I thought that was the best episode of the season thus far. I'm glad Tasha has finally kicked Ghost to the curb. It's about time.
He did have it coming. It's one thing to have women on the side, but to run around with Angie as Mrs. St. Patrick was the final straw. Ghost and Tasha have barely been a couple since after like the first half of last season. Ghost is forever stuck with her though... She knows all his business.

Surprised that GAF still isn't up on this. Best show on TV right now for me.

cw_sasuke

... Well he could still kill her, doubt it at this point but you never know.

Hope we get to see Ghost I his ruthless mode near the end of the season. He is too laid back right now.. And Kanaan has to die at end of the seasj4...and Tommy... Well who knows how he will survive the season.

fushi

Oh hell yes. My favorite show that barely anyone watches is back. And I have to thank you guys for pointing it out to me, several times, in a "favorite tv show of last year" thread.

Season 1 got better with every single episode, I think. So I am really excited to see how this one goes down.

(Thread is impossible to find thanks to the generic name, though.)

BadAss2961

... Well he could still kill her, doubt it at this point but you never know.

Hope we get to see Ghost I his ruthless mode near the end of the season. He is too laid back right now.. And Kanaan has to die at end of the seasj4...and Tommy... Well who knows how he will survive the season.
The mother of his kids? Nah, he wouldn't go there.

As for Tommy, if the feds get a bead on Lobos somehow, maybe they'll ease up a bit. Lobos is their big fish after all. Either that, or maybe Ghost can flip Angie when everything comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom