• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The mother of his kids? Nah, he wouldn't go there.

As for Tommy, if the feds get a bead on Lobos somehow, maybe they'll ease up a bit. Lobos is their big fish after all. Either that, or maybe Ghost can flip Angie when everything comes out.

heh...as said it is very unlikely at this point. But who knows how the story goes down - at the end of the day he has killed a bunch of dudes, even people he considered his brothers like Roller.

But yeah serving up Lobos could take the heat of Ghost(Tommy)....

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The show returns tonight with a new episode:

Who You Are and Who You Want to Be

Ghost and Tommy are under the gun in trying to deal all the product in order to pay Lobos, unaware that Holly is being grilled by the FBI.

cw_sasuke

Great episode... Thing are about to blow up, preview looked very good as well.

Tommy getting shit down while Ghost still trying to impress Sterling. For one second I thought Ghost would bang Sterlings wife to get to him lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Whoa, I didn't actually expect Angela to find out about Ghost until the season finale. I'm curious if she'll try to actually take him down or if she'll "stand by her man". Probably the latter because otherwise I have no idea how the show can keep going without having Ghost get sent to prison - unless he does get sent to prison and then there's a time jump and he becomes the new Kanan when he gets out...

cw_sasuke

Angela said about Holly that this kind of woman sticks to her man if she really loves him. Guess this implies she herself will ride for Ghost when it comes to it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Why Her?

After the revelation that Ghost and Jamie are the same man, Angela seeks proof; the drug syndicate picks up a new member; and Tasha protects her future by making the ultimate sacrifice.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'd never been much of a fan of Holly until tonight's episode. They really did a good job of making her a more sympathetic character. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of her.

cw_sasuke

Man that ending was great.....best show running right now.

I'd never been much of a fan of Holly until tonight's episode. They really did a good job of making her a more sympathetic character. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of her.
Meh I still hate her... She is stupid as fuck and talks too much. Cant see her surviving this season.

Damn good episode.

The scene in the car...woo boy. Damn. Fiddy's son tapping all the beautiful women.

Glad Holly's gone, I hope it's permanent. I haven't liked her since she basically became a noose around Tommy's neck. I suspect it's not for long though and she'll be back before it's all over.

cw_sasuke

Gotta say - Tommy is my favorite character at this point didnt expect that.

btw. How is season 2 performing rating wise so far ? Hope its still a success.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Meh I still hate her... She is stupid as fuck and talks too much. Cant see her surviving this season.

I feel bad for her. Tommy doesn't truly care for her, Ghost wants her dead, Angela just wants to use her so she can get to Ghost - sure she brought some of this on herself, but her circumstances aren't entirely of her own making.

Tommy is my favorite character at this point

I dislike Tommy's actor - there's something amateurish about him that I find really offputting.

btw. How is season 2 performing rating wise so far ? Hope its still a success.

L + SD ratings:

Season 1:

Episode 1: 462K
Episode 2: 614K
Episode 3: 472K
Episode 4: 557K
Episode 5: 528K
Episode 6: 745K
Episode 7: 754K
Episode 8: 1.08 million

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.42 million
Episode 2: 1.11 million
Episode 3: 1.14 million
Episode 4: 1.30 million
Episode 5: 1.24 million
Episode 6: 1.24 million
Episode 7: 1.25 million
Episode 8: 1.04 million
Episode 9: 1.36 million

The season has been averaging 6 million viewers across all platforms. I believe it's Starz' highest rated show at the moment.

cw_sasuke

Ratings seems good...hope they can get another boos with the finale.
I feel bad for her. Tommy doesn't truly care for her, Ghost wants her dead, Angela just wants to use her so she can get to Ghost - sure she brought some of this on herself, but her circumstances aren't entirely of her own making.

I dislike Tommy's actor - there's something amateurish about him that I find really offputting.

Tommy does care, he wouldnt have offered her his Grandmas ring otherwise. He would be willing to do pretty much everything for her and even defended her in front of Ghost. Yet she does the couple stupid things that he wont forgive her for...letting other men in his apartment, talking to the cops, snooping around, revealing Patrick as Ghosts to his face..lol.

Her question...."Ghost or me who would you choose ?" was fucking stupid. What did she expect him to say after she just told him she has been talking to cops and attorneys ? Also Ghost and Tommy have been partners for years...did she really expect him to turn on Ghost ? Just shows how naive she is.

The amateurish appearance of Tommy which makes him likable in my opinion. Heh dude just trying to get by even though he doesnt seem to really fit in on first sight.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tommy does care, he wouldnt have offered her his Grandmas ring otherwise. He would be willing to do pretty much everything for her and even defended her in front of Ghost. Yet she does the couple stupid things that he wont forgive her for...letting other men in his apartment, talking to the cops, snooping around, revealing Patrick as Ghosts to his face..lol.

Her question...."Ghost or me who would you choose ?" was fucking stupid. What did she expect him to say after she just told him she has been talking to cops and attorneys ? Also Ghost and Tommy have been partners for years...did she really expect him to turn on Ghost ? Just shows how naive she is.

Tommy is a highly impulsive (and controlling) person and I think he showed his true colors in the end with the way he treated Holly.

cw_sasuke

Tommy is a highly impulsive (and controlling) person and I think he showed his true colors in the end with the way he treated Holly.
She knew what Tommy was from begin with... She just revealed to him that she potentially blew up their whole business. Of course Tommy went HAM.... There are just things you don't do in that kind of circle, what was she expecting? Jeopardizing someones life is a good way to pass them off, especially when you just chained them up in their own crib.. Talk about trust lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
She knew what Tommy was from begin with... She just revealed to him that she potentially blew up their whole business. Of course Tommy went HAM.... There are just things you don't do in that kind of circle, what was she expecting? Jeopardizing someones life is a good way to pass them off, especially when you just chained them up in their own crib.. Talk about trust lol.

Tommy knew what Holly was from the beginning too though - his reactions to everything she's done have been wildly over the top.

cw_sasuke

Tommy knew what Holly was from the beginning too though - his reactions to everything she's done have been wildly over the top.

How would you expect or want Tommy to react then ? Anything else than reacting like this wouldnt fit his characteristics at all. You know you messed up if you have to chain your Partner up before confessing something....also making him choose between his best friend/partner for years in an instant probably isnt the best strategy.

BadAss2961

Yup. Tommy's 100% dedicated to Ghost and their business. Holly asked point blank who he'd choose if it came down to her and Ghost, and she got her answer. Tommy didn't have even have to say it. He was ready to kill her right there.

This is not a good look for Ghost, who hasn't shown the same loyalty at all. He still hasn't even told Tommy about Angie targeting him specifically, thinking he's Ghost. Then the thing with the grandmother's ring... Ghost, thinking Holly stole it, was gonna let her keep it just to get Tommy back where he wants him. Ghost is starting to come off as though he'd let Tommy take the fall if that's what it came down to. There's already the hint about him getting Kanan locked up, but we don't know the circumstances of that yet.

cw_sasuke

Yup. Tommy's 100% dedicated to Ghost and their business. Holly asked point blank who he'd choose if it came down to her and Ghost, and she got her answer. Tommy didn't have even have to say it. He was ready to kill her right there.

This is not a good look for Ghost, who hasn't shown the same loyalty at all. He still hasn't even told Tommy about Angie targeting him specifically, thinking he's Ghost. Then the thing with the grandmother's ring... Ghost, thinking Holly stole it, was gonna let her keep it just to get Tommy back where he wants him. Ghost is starting to come off as though he'd let Tommy take the fall if that's what it came down to. There's already the hint about him getting Kanan locked up, but we don't know the circumstances of that yet.

I dont think thats true, Ghost is just trying to play both sides. Him and Tommy are bros but what will telling him about Angela accomplish ? They are already on Tommys nuts there isnt much he can do other than making him wanna try to kill Angela....which wont help anyone.

Also about Tommys decision...making someone decide between their best friend/work for years and love on the spot isnt a smart thing to do, especially if he is chained up and pissed at you. Even he loved her more and would give up the game for her, this wasnt the situation for him to admit it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

You're Not the Man

A talk with the feds puts Tommy on edge about Holly's disappearance, while Ghost and Tasha try to rein him in. Meanwhile, Angela appears to have bought Ghost's explanation.

Good lord, the amount of sex in this episode was crazy~

And it was glorious. The episode started as it meant to go on...damn fine episode.

I laughed for a good ten minutes after that one woman in Tommy's apartment said..."you go way more dick than I did...I want more fucking dick"

Oh my god...

BadAss2961

I dont think thats true, Ghost is just trying to play both sides. Him and Tommy are bros but what will telling him about Angela accomplish ? They are already on Tommys nuts there isnt much he can do other than making him wanna try to kill Angela....which wont help anyone.
Well, Tommy was a second away from killing her in the last episode anyway. I get that Ghost is trying to play both sides, and cell phone clone aside, he had a good episode just now. But there's no longer any reason to keep Tommy in the dark about Angie thinking he's Ghost. He already knows Angie's after them, he already wants her dead, and it's already driven him into a coke-fueled craze of paranoia. At this point, the only purpose of withholding that information is to keep his hands clean in case Tommy has to fall. I didn't know she thought you were Ghost... I doubt it'll come to that, just saying that Ghost is leaving all options in his favor open.

What's more likely to happen is Tommy finding out before Ghost tells him, giving us another situation where Tommy doesn't trust him.
Also about Tommys decision...making someone decide between their best friend/work for years and love on the spot isnt a smart thing to do, especially if he is chained up and pissed at you. Even he loved her more and would give up the game for her, this wasnt the situation for him to admit it.

Good call.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Three Moves Ahead

Lobos' fending off a rival drug cartel and federal authorities impacts Ghost and Tommy; and Ghost hustles to get out from under Lobos' thumb before Angela strikes.

This show doesn't get nearly enough love. Ghost dodged a bullet this episode but how long can he hold Kanin and his son off is the question.

cw_sasuke

Man this episode was great. Wow... Ghost is so fucked. Definitely loosing his empire and Angie this season, no way he can fight back.

They got Tommy as well. Damn...
This show doesn't get nearly enough love. Ghost dodged a bullet this episode but how long can he hold Kanin and his son off is the question.
Ghost is a dead man waking... With Tommy gone and all his connects aligned to take him out there is no card left to play.

BadAss2961

Man this episode was great. Wow... Ghost is so fucked. Definitely loosing his empire and Angie this season, no way he can fight back.

They got Tommy as well. Damn...

Ghost is a dead man waking... With Tommy gone and all his connects aligned to take him out there is no card left to play.
Tried to tell you about Ghost letting Tommy take the fall. :p

I think he has a plan to make it right, but still, it's fucked up this game he's playing.

This show is the best shit right now, but i'm annoyed at Starz showing the preview for the next episode during the credits. So tasteless... I prefer to avoid previews, but I also have watch to the credits, especially when there's an epic song like this week's Fuck it All.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode of the season is tonight!

Time's Up

Angela and the feds push Tommy to flip on Lobos or spend his life in prison, while Ghost considers doing the honorable thing, but the consequences could prove steep.

cw_sasuke

50 Meek Milled his own son - damn.

But it was nice seeing Ghost...getting shit fixed and done for a change.

Am i the only once expecting Angela to kill someone this season for Ghost ? I feel that Knox guy might be a goner.

cw_sasuke

I hope she actually tries to take him down. I got the sense that she was actually really angry with him.

Who are you talking about Ghost ?

Yeah thats likely considering that will probably be the mayor part of the next season. She knowing his secret and him not be able to fuck his way out of this.

Still depends on what happends with Kanaan this season...feels like Angie and him gunning for Ghost might be a bit much - and i have a feeling that Sterling wont be happy at the end of the season either.

Jesus, Fiddy. What the fuck man. I thought I saw a shred of remorse after he did i but nope...dude straight just murdered him.

It kinda felt like it was coming though, there was no way that Tasha was leaving.

Ghost played Angela flawlessly. Like damn. She's definitely coming hard at him next episode.

cw_sasuke

Jesus, Fiddy. What the fuck man. I thought I saw a shred of remorse after he did i but nope...dude straight just murdered him.

It kinda felt like it was coming though, there was no way that Tasha was leaving.

Ghost played Angela flawlessly. Like damn. She's definitely coming hard at him next episode.

Yeah there was a bit of remorse....but well no fucks given, Ghost better watches his back if dude is willing to straight up kill his own son.

btw. Was Tommy going to snitch on Ghost before the revelation where his Attorney told him to just stfu a bit ? I think so...and its kinda understandable from his position, still lost some respect for him if true.

Yeah there was a bit of remorse....but well no fucks given, Ghost better watches his back if dude is willing to straight up kill his own son.

btw. Was Tommy going to snitch on Ghost before the revelation where his Attorney told him to just stfu a bit ? I think so...and its kinda understandable from his position, still lost some respect for him if true.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see Ghost and Kanan finally collide. I hope it's a brutal encounter, one on one fist fight in the penthouse is what I'm hoping for.

And I'm almost positive he was. That's exactly what I think he was going to do. Blurt out that she's sleeping with the real Ghost. He's unhinged and a potential liability going into season 3.

This episode and this show has no chill man...first Ghost and Kanan are the only brothers that are playing chess while every other motherfucker is playing Checkers. Angela had her chance and then Ghost just took it away from her...right from under her.

Next up, I love how this show plays with the concept of duality. We see different characters placed in similar situations and reacting so differently. Regarding Shawn...Ghost legitimately saw him as one of his own, same as Rolla. But he understands what it means to be a father and the power you can sway over your Son. Which is why he spared Shawn. Shawn was forced into a predicament that he shouldn't have courtesy of dear old Dad. Still have to acknowledge the betrayal which resulted in him being Exiled and you can see the pain it caused Ghost to see their relationship reach that point.....But Kanan while still loving his son, couldn't hide his disappointment but he was going to spare him because that's his son..he gets at least that one chance after a fuck up to walk away..Then said disappointment started disrespecting his Father which 50 views as a threat against his own Power..and he went Ruthless....Damn..

yoplay

Angela has to be the stupidest federal agent in tv history. I find myself wanting to scream at her character every time i watch. This show is definitely mediocre with all the loose plot holes, but i wouldn't say its not worth a watch. It's a good summer show. Just makes me appreciate what I got from The Wire more and more. Just my 2 cents.

cw_sasuke

Angela has to be the stupidest federal agent in tv history. I find myself wanting to scream at her character every time i watch. This show is definitely mediocre with all the loose plot holes, but i wouldn't say its not worth a watch. It's a good summer show. Just makes me appreciate what I got from The Wire more and more. Just my 2 cents.

Well...they never said she was some kind of super Federal Agent. Yeah she screwed up but lets be honest if it wasnt for Ghost/Jaime being her fuck buddy and having access to her files and investigation Tommy is screwed.

Show is really entertaining - cant really compare it to more serious stuff like The Wire though. It knows what kind of show it is and portraits it really well...expected it to be way worse at first.
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see Ghost and Kanan finally collide. I hope it's a brutal encounter, one on one fist fight in the penthouse is what I'm hoping for.

And I'm almost positive he was. That's exactly what I think he was going to do. Blurt out that she's sleeping with the real Ghost. He's unhinged and a potential liability going into season 3.

Normally i would agree...but as SamuelSupreme said, both Ghost and Kanan are playing Chess while the rest of units only think about the next turn. This might sound stupid but i dont see them going head to head anytime soon.

Kanan had plenty options to take Ghost out, he still is looking for other options that can take out Ghost without having to get directly involved himself.

About Tommy...im probably one of the few people out there who actually likes him. He comes off often as corny but he also proved a couple of times that he can get shit done. Ghost will definitely need Tommy to get out of this mess.

I could see Kanan use Tommy in someway if Ghost doesnt come clean immediately. Final episodes should be good.

Next up, I love how this show plays with the concept of duality. We see different characters placed in similar situations and reacting so differently. Regarding Shawn...Ghost legitimately saw him as one of his own, same as Rolla. But he understands what it means to be a father and the power you can sway over your Son. Which is why he spared Shawn. Shawn was forced into a predicament that he shouldn't have courtesy of dear old Dad. Still have to acknowledge the betrayal which resulted in him being Exiled and you can see the pain it caused Ghost to see their relationship reach that point.....But Kanan while still loving his son, couldn't hide his disappointment but he was going to spare him because that's his son..he gets at least that one chance after a fuck up to walk away..Then said disappointment started disrespecting his Father which 50 views as a threat against his own Power..and he went Ruthless....Damn..

Yeah, when Shawn started disrespecting Kanan i knew he was a goner. While he is his son...he is also weak and a "Bitch" in their kind of environment. Kanan just isnt the dude who will get disrespected by a weak person, if at all.

Kanan was also pissed because Ghost won that battle...Shawn wasnt strong enough to kill Ghost for his dad but Ghost was able to talk him into confronting and disrespecting his on father.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season 2 finale is tonight!

Ghost Is Dead

In the Season 2 finale, members of Ghost's organization are turning up dead, and each body hits closer to home for him and Tommy as the threat of Kanan and Angela's investigation becomes more imminent.

yoplay

Hahaha. Fn amateur hour. What a disappointment that finale was. The writing has hit the fan on this show. Won't be watching next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom