• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSherrod

Finale was lit. The show isn't really trying to be something it's not, so I'm cool with it getting crazy. How many point blank gun grabs can you have though?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I cant believe this nigga 50 is still alive, he gets stabbed, lit on fire, and walks away? smh

Yeah...lol. Initially, his death seemed too abrupt so I thought he was going to jump up and try to kill Ghost while he was on fire or something, but after a couple of seconds of the camera lingering on the flaming room, I figured Kanan was as good as dead. It's unbelievable that he somehow made it.

Vert boil

power2res7i.gif

NOPE!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great finale to a great season.

Season 3 will be tough with Lobos, Jimenez Bros, Tommy, Knox and Tasha stirring up shit... And yeah don't think that Sterling won't be back for payback.

It's getting kinda crowded and the thing I feared for is happening now with them letting Kanan/50 live even though he normally should survive this season. Are you telling me that Ghost wouldn't make sure that Kanan is dead before burning him down?

Just sucks that 50 is the producer on the show and won't get killed as long as the show stays successful. I'm not a hater but the show is about Ghost and not about how to keep Kanan in the story.

Also lol at people running into Tommy everytime he is in the park at the right time.

Who snitched on Ghost though? I feel like the Jimenez Bros. might have an insider in the Justice Department because all the street people who could have told on Ghost were killed... Unless I'm missing something.
Apparently Ghost is an assassin and Angela is nuts.
Why do you think he is called Ghost? Him being an effective Killer has been established since episode 1.

Come the fuck on, how in the hell did Fiddy survive getting stabbed and set alight? I did enjoy the fight though, but I kind of expected Jaime to be more dominant. Saying that, it's annoying that Fiddy survived, his story is over, dragging it out won't allow the show to move forward.

And there it is, Tommy going off the edge. Sucks, but it was a long time coming. He's always been and continues to be the weak link. Sigh....

I'm glad Sterling is done and Jaime has the club back, but I just know he'll be back in season 3. Ugh.

cw_sasuke

Come the fuck on, how in the hell did Fiddy survive getting stabbed and set alight? I did enjoy the fight though, but I kind of expected Jaime to be more dominant. Saying that, it's annoying that Fiddy survived, his story is over, dragging it out won't allow the show to move forward.

And there it is, Tommy going off the edge. Sucks, but it was a long time coming. He's always been and continues to be the weak link. Sigh....

I'm glad Sterling is done and Jaime has the club back, but I just know he'll be back in season 3. Ugh.

We all know why :-/

Executive producer : Curtis Jackson

Keeping 50 around really kills Ghost for me - the dude was killing dude left and right this episode and that one Motherfucker he really hates, gets to survive without making sure he is dead ? Come one...

I always knew what kind of show this would be and never had crazy expectation like some who were looking for the next Wire...a dude like 50 sticking around for long after he had been plotting for 2 season to kill the main chara, who i supposed to be a Top Assasin just seems dumb.

BadAss2961

I agree, Kanan making it out alive is a groan worthy move. They just have to keep 50 around I guess. Don't know whether it's production or 50 himself that's the reason for this.

Great finale to a great season though. This thing just got better and better. Haven't put together the logic yet, but I loved Mike turning out to be Lobos' inside man. Lobos is an awesome character.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L + SD ratings:

Season 1:

Episode 1: 462K
Episode 2: 614K
Episode 3: 472K
Episode 4: 557K
Episode 5: 528K
Episode 6: 745K
Episode 7: 754K
Episode 8: 1.08 million

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.42 million
Episode 2: 1.11 million
Episode 3: 1.14 million
Episode 4: 1.30 million
Episode 5: 1.24 million
Episode 6: 1.24 million
Episode 7: 1.25 million
Episode 8: 1.04 million
Episode 9: 1.36 million
Episode 10: 1.53 million

Power is Starz' highest rated show, averaging 6.5 million viewers weekly across all platforms.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season premiere tonight!

Call Me James

Season 3 begins with Ghost out of the drug game, and Angela having to decide between love and honor. Also, Tasha is reeling from Shawn's death, and Tommy feels compelled to make some adventurous moves.

Cardon

Really excited for this. Been rewatching S2 thanks to the marathon happening right now. Here's hoping this season has the show staying solid, despite the somewhat dubious acting by 50 Cent.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L + SD ratings:

Season 1:

Season 2:

Season 3:

Episode 1: 2.26 million
Episode 2: 1.74 million
Episode 3: 1.87 million
Episode 4: 1.72 million
Episode 5: 1.80 million
Episode 6: 2.10 million
Episode 7: 1.83 million
Episode 8: 1.98 million
Episode 9: 2.03 million

Massive increase in viewership with the move to Sunday nights!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

It's Never Over

Ghost deals with loose ends before tangling with some new nightlife competition; Tommy confronts Tasha, who must learn to coexist with Angela. Later, Tommy finds an advisor in a former lover.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I actually thought that was one of the best episodes of the series. The scenes with Angela and Ghost's kids were a long time coming, and it's exciting that Tasha is finally stepping into a more active role in the story. They need to wrap up Tommy's "will he kill Ghost or won't he" thing fast though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

I Got This on Lock

Ghost sees an opportunity to take the clubs to the next level, but the past may catch up to him; Tommy joins Tasha in a scheme, while dealing with an uncontrollable contact.

cw_sasuke

So Tarik is taking on Sean roles at being the stupid son ? lol at least he doesnt look like he is +30 years old. Solid episode - looking forward to see Kanan getting back on his fit.

I hate frigging Knox, dude is so clingy and desperate - every scene he shows up is just a joke. I can see him being offed this season.

Tommy continues to be stupid as a rock.

PS. They really are going all out w. nudity and sex scenes this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Don't Worry, Baby

A club expansion spreads Ghost thin, between Angela, the children, the business and Tommy. Meanwhile, Tommy faces a tough decision; Kanan returns to the life; and Angela has some doubts.

cw_sasuke

Fixed. Fitty out for blood!

50 about to body Ghosts son...lol.

Latest episode was...well more of the same - over the top sex and nudity scenes for no reason but to somehow fill the episode. Also it was the episode were everyone acted like an idiot and talking to each other would prevent a lot of the upcoming issues.

Im quite sure the final episodes will be great again - but the slow build up is killing me right now.

PS: lol at Ghost just casually killing Koreans while putting his face out there - stupid, cant have it both.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Help Me

Tommy goes gunning for the culprit who tried to kill him; Greg pressures Ruiz to give up the "Ghost," as Angela tries to keep them at bay. Meanwhile, Proctor brings a new problem to the fore for Ghost to deal with.

Vert boil

I _so_ want to celebrate the rancid harpy dying but I don't trust this show.

Can't remember if I'm thinking of another show but didn't the shithead have the same pregnancy store line in a earlier season, where she didn't want to tell Tommy?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The Right Decision

Tommy and Ghost get back together to take on a ruthless foe and enlist Tasha in hopes of evading detection by Angela and her team. Later, Tommy soldiers on, but Ghost comes undone at a vital juncture.

cw_sasuke

Felt bad for Angela... Getting dumped after she proved the last couple episodes that she was a true ride or die chick.

But dann... Ghost got played. Season final will be nuts with Milan and Kanan testing Ghost...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not really a fan of Ghost breaking up with Angela to protect her. I've seen that development one too many times on shows like this.

Not really a fan of Ghost breaking up with Angela to protect her. I've seen that development one too many times on shows like this.
It doesn't even make any sense. It's not like they're going to care they're broken up. Does Ghost think they'll be all like nah it's cool we will leave her alone now.

cw_sasuke

It doesn't even make any sense. It's not like they're going to care they're broken up. Does Ghost think they'll be all like nah it's cool we will leave her alone now.
This.

But I think the main point is that he will have to be Ghost again which would put her in danger anyway since he would need to keep her clueless.

Still stupid... All that development of the last months for nothing. If crazy Knox somehow ends up again with Angela and the hunt Ghost down the line I might drop the show lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Don't Go

Angela is left staggered after the breakup, but must rally to take on a difficult situation at work; Ghost scrambles to hold onto the club deal, while he and Tommy get reacclimated to the game. Also, Dre learns just what the La Arana card means.

cw_sasuke

Okay that episode was pretty awesome... Ghost is screwed lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Trust Me

As Mike and Angela try to ferret out the mole, she picks up a lead while trying to firm up Tommy's alibi; Tasha gets a warning; Tariq makes a dangerous new friend; and Milan orders that a new product be pushed.

cw_sasuke

Show is too good right now, making me sad that this season is ending soon. They are setting up a bunch of stuff for the next couple season already. I like the show but it gets tougher to relate to any of the characters since everyone besides Ghost is acting like trash.

Angela underestimating Nox...lol. This will be fun. Ghosts Son must be the dumbest mofo since Kanas son. Planting the seeds for the next season where Kanan and Tarik come for Ghost... gotta say between Kanan, Milan, Family Drama, Angela Drama etc. Ghost is really screwed now - even Tommy switched sides - damn.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode of the season is tonight!

I Call the Shots

Angela goes gunning for the mole, while Ghost initiates a plan to regain the club. Later, Ghost and Tasha fall into a familiar pattern; Kanan appears to have a bad influence on Tariq; and Milan addresses Tommy's thoughts of betrayal.

cw_sasuke

Great episode again - Tommy has been killing it for the last couple episodes.

I get where Ghost is coming from but man he is straight up risking the lives of everyone involved with his scheming. Also Tarik continues to be the dumbest Kid on the show since Sean lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tonight is the season finale!

In My Best Interest

While in the middle of throwing the party of a lifetime, Ghost must slip away to retrieve evidence; Tasha's attempt to save her family requires she enter an unlikely alliance, while Tommy contemplates a move that will impact everyone's present and future.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty eventful finale. Not sure I buy that Angela would turn Ghost in, but its nevertheless an interesting set up for season 4.

Also, lol @ 50 kidnapping Tariq

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L + SD ratings:

Season 1:

Season 2:

Season 3:

Episode 1: 2.26 million
Episode 2: 1.74 million
Episode 3: 1.87 million
Episode 4: 1.72 million
Episode 5: 1.80 million
Episode 6: 2.10 million
Episode 7: 1.83 million
Episode 8: 1.98 million
Episode 9: 2.03 million
Episode 10: 2.00 million

Massive increase in viewership with the move to Sunday nights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom