• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PowerUp 2012 | Fighting game tournament | April 13-15

USD

PowerUp 2012 Premier Fighting Game Tournament Official Trailer

STREAM

Stream provided by Team Sp00ky. Be aware that the internet at the venue is very unstable.

http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky

IRC Channel (for chat): #teamspooky on irc.quakenet.org

INFO

For more information, check the SRK thread.

The third annual PowerUp tournament is here! We promise improvements over last year's experience and even more good times. Save up your travel money and those sick days because from April 13 - 15 you should be no where else but at Arcade Legacy for PU2012.

PowerUp 2012 is proud to be a part of the EVO 2012 Tournament Season and provide official EVO seeding points to top finishers in: SSFIV, UMvC3, MK9, SFxT, SCV and KOFXIII.

Autumn Games, the publisher of Skullgirls, will be providing cash bonus for the top three placers as well as a custom FoeHammer arcade stick for the winner of the tournament.

6897914834_4326d4ebd1.jpg
7044011559_b6b5cd9b19.jpg
7044011403_25c4643607.jpg

SPONSORS & PARTNERS

Arcade Legacy
Art's Hobbies
Autumn Games
Boss Fight TV
Dream Cancel
Dust-Off
Focus Fire
Gum Mods
ModJunkies
Phreak Mods
EVO
Sirlin Games
Test Your Might

GAMES

The King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
Skullgirls (360)
SoulCalibur V (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken (360)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (ARC)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 (360)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)
Vampire Savior (ARC)

King of Anime

Community-run tournaments.

Arcana Heart 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

EXHIBITIONS

The King (KOF XIII)
A 5v5 where each team member is locked to only one character from the KOFXIII roster. No duplicates allowed on a team.

The goal is to win five FT3 matches, but the catch is that each game within the FT3 is a fresh 1v1. This is similar to regular 3v3 KOFXIII, but instead of one player controlling the entire team, the entire team is controlled by three individual team members.

Mortal Kombat: Survival
Each team has 5 players. Each player selects 4 different characters from the roster to play. Goal: Eliminate the other team’s characters. The crowd selects which 2 players will play each Best 2/3 match. The players who are playing will blind pick from their selected roster of characters to start the Best 2/3 match.

Vampire Savior 8-vs-8 Team Exhibition
The full roster will be covered as the best representation for each character will battle each other! The cast will be split right down the tier list. Each team will have (2)S tiers, (2)A tiers etc.

PLAYERS

Will expand as more information becomes available. You can check out the PowerUp pre-registration listing for a partial list of players.

alucarD
Bala
Banana Ken
Chris Gamble
ChrisG
Derrick Legend
Dieminion
FightingGM
German Luger
Hornett
Humbag
Justin Wong
Keits
OmG iTz Andre
Osu 16 Bit
Keits
Mike Infinite
Min
NerdJosh
Noel Brown
Perfect Legend - was in attendance, left early
Sabin
Skisonic
Tim Static
Tom Brady
WolfKrone

SCHEDULE

All times are EDT (UTC -4).

I assume Current Code is run on arcade, right? There hasn't been a home port yet has there?

Pretty dumb of them to run Skullgirls on 360. Load times are way worse than the PSN version.

USD

That's one down, one to go. Player list needs some work, I'll get on that when I can.
I assume Current Code is run on arcade, right? There hasn't been a home port yet has there?

PC version, came out at the end of last year I believe.

USD

It has netplay as well :3

Pretty small confirmed list of players.

I'm just going by the pre-registered list. There's also on-site registration, so that will add quite a bit to the numbers. I haven't really been looking for info on player yet, so the current list is lacking.

jbug617

Banned
SFXT Top 8 is getting sent to the minors on Sunday stream schedule. MK, KOF and Skullgirls will all be after SFXT. UMvC3 is the main event.

USD

Here's a heads-up on something I totally didn't know. Seeding points for EVO 2012 are for Top 12, not Top 16 as originally announced. I just learned about this literally minutes ago.

Spooky posted the tentative stream schedule on his twitter, hopefully they get the internet sorted because Sunday looks great!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Osirun was concerned that they'd be unable to stream anything at all since the venue's internet was so shitty. Supposedly they had that worked out at the last minute but I wouldn't be surprised if they just ended up recording a lot of footage offline and releasing that later instead of streaming all of it.

ismk

Clockwork's charity event tomorrow and all weekend long we'll have this tournament to watch. It looks like this weekend is going to be fun being a stream monster.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nice. I had some time tonight too. Another event letting me down. Don't tourney organizers test this shit or something?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nice. I had some time tonight too. Another event letting me down. Don't tourney organizers test this shit or something?
Well, if they tested it and it's still shit, what are they supposed to do about it if that's what you have to work with?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, if they tested it and it's still shit, what are they supposed to do about it if that's what you have to work with?

Well, I would figure you would test this out before you even rent out of the place...

Meh, what do I know. It's their lost viewers, not mine.

make sure you get internet that can capacitate the event prior to running it? I don't see how it's harder than that.

High speed internet is probably the least of their concerns. They plan a tourney based on location, rent, capacity rather than if stream monsters can watch at high quality.

High speed internet is probably the least of their concerns. They plan a tourney based on location, rent, capacity rather than if stream monsters can watch at high quality.

I fully understand the event comes first, it's just if they say an event's going to be steamed they should commit to that and figure out if that's actually going to happen prior to the night.

Top Bottom