• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Praise the Sun, Gaf lets go outside.

I surf year round in New York. Been surfing for a few years now. Never stopped because of the pandemic. Don’t think the beaches ever closed here. It was crowded in the water this winter like all the the other winters, despite covid.
kwDiZHr.jpg

No, nope, uh uh, don't like the outside and don't like the sun. It's like yellow Hitler for me.
So, Mao Zedong?

I enjoy cycling. Actual cycling, not that cheating electric bullshit. I actually want a new bike at the moment but I feel I need to "earn" it.
This is the bike I'm after but I need to get back to doing 40-50 miles a day before I spring for it.

Today I went to the park near my house, btw japan is in emergency state (please don’t go out)
I used to go with my dog a lot. I haven’t being there for 6 months.
There was a lot of Japanese kids playing outside, funny because one prefecture in Tokyo Twittet: "please don’t go eat with foreigners" and "if you talk with a foreigner use mask all time" , because you know, only foreigners spread corona virus.

JClywKs.jpg
wfyMhft.jpg
nTznoxE.jpg
7MVzX4i.jpg

bonus dog
nNXmHod.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Went rock climbing yesterday. It was perfect out despite the heat. One of our old routes was no longer accessible due to a rock slide so we found a new spot to try out.
46bh4e.png

We set up two climbs (one for the adults and one for the kids). I took quite a few wide angle shots, like the one above. We made 2 routes on the climb, one to the left and one to the right. The left was a bit easier, I think 3 of us were able to get to the top. The right was slightly more challenging, with only 2 people able to get all the way up. Overall the climb was cool because the first 1/2 is super easy, then it gets more challenging at the end.

I found a raccoon nest hiding in a hollowed out tree. I felt bad for disturbing them, as the momma raccoon looked terrified. I snapped a pic and then let them be.
rzje55.png

CloudNull

Banned
Drone shot? Which one do you have?

I love fishing but I am terrible at it. One of these days I'll give it another shot.
Drone shot but not mine. One of the guys had the super expensive one that is 4K and you have to wear something similar to a vr headset to run it.

As for the fishing I haven’t done it since I was a child but I learned so much this weekend because everyone there was a pro. Took us 15 minutes to real in a 7 foot sturgeon. I never knew finishing could be so much fun.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Got out early this morning and met up with a buddy to kayak. Did the 4 mile perimeter of one lake, then hopped over to another. Came off the water right as the weather was hitting 93 F.
dYi5B2c.jpg

All-in-all we spent about 3.5 hours kayaking.
yYdADEi.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Spent the late morning & afternoon on the lake. I kayaked for a bit until my buddy showed up. He's learning how to kiteboard. I gave it a shot and got into it. Might be my next big purchase for outdoor gear.
QLWQxWs.mp4

Blond

Banned
I love the outdoors. Camping, hiking, kayaking, etc. I’m patiently waiting for warm days so I can spend some quality time on the water.
I have to make an appointment for kayaking and the weekends are booked solid till late July/Early August. But you know what? I’m not even mad, I’m just happy people want to get outside again so badly the river is booked solid.

Gives me more time to ride my bike!

Ceelic21

Neo Member
I picked up driving again late last year and have been driving all across Vancouver, BC. Lots of good hikes out here for all skill levels. I haven't really touched the North Shore yet but will likely do so this summer. Also planning on visiting Victoria and maybe even go down to Seattle once the border is open.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I have to make an appointment for kayaking and the weekends are booked solid till late July/Early August. But you know what? I’m not even mad, I’m just happy people want to get outside again so badly the river is booked solid.

Gives me more time to ride my bike!

I'm glad there are no reservations here. So many trips of mine are spur of the moment.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't burn, just get a juicy tan. Feels amazing man. Been walking outside a lot. No jogging cause I don't wanna lose my gains this year.
Same. I never thought about it until more recently. All my friends get burnt if they don't constantly sunscreen. I apply once during peak UV in the afternoon and never really worry about it after that.

Get out of the city my man. Mother Nature is calling.
I'll post pictures in the summer time when the foliage is flourishing.

Behind my garden fence is a small field I like to walk around, it's a little section of peace away from the city life. It's entirely surround by trees with hundreds of different shades of green, hundreds of various different berry bushes (Blackberry, red currants, some Brit equivalent of Blueberries) and a couple of different types of apple trees.
It's nice walking around there and foraging when they ripen up.

I live in a cul-de-sac in a city but fortunately get to taste a small piece of mother nature during summer and autumn. I've come to spam many, many pictures of this field directly behind my garden fence, an area of land in the middle of the city that's been left alone for many years, letting all sorts of things grow there over time.
Couldn't for the life of me find the charger for my camera, so I made do with my 6 year old phone. Here's a tour:

Berries:
4xxf75E.jpg

6PfIn2I.jpg

Flowering Blackberries with buzzy friends:
W2wta9n.jpg
iardcD3.jpg

Rosehips, lots of these bushes:
xTL37ge.jpg

ShYbhIH.jpg

Some English version of Blueberries, maybe Sloe? I'm not sure, there's a few of these around the area.
gGITb0t.jpg

y8a2crO.jpg

yRPUY8N.jpg

A very bright and colourful looking snail, and a couple of buddies:
3Asw41M.jpg

OCa0dbb.jpg

Wb0vT81.jpg

Apples. Don't know the variety of these ones, but they end up quite a vibrant, shiny red. There's a couple of other Bramley apple trees around here too.
kd9Yy6A.jpg

8R7msLC.jpg

Elderberries grow along the tall trees at the back of the field, Blackberries underneath them:
Xvpnst1.jpg

Literally millions of Blackberries, some need time and some are nearly ready. They surround the entire field down from ground level and must be at least 12ft tall on one side, with the bushes going about 30ft deep.

ERZHSA9.jpg

UzCMDOK.jpg

hnBRmOZ.jpg

LLZrfpS.jpg

aLBXdh0.jpg

Just a couple more of Mother nature letting her hair grow. Maybe a dull mess to some but it's all beautiful to me:

Uh2Cb36.jpg

PbvgBih.jpg

lZDlqr1.jpg

Lek7BjZ.jpg

Top Bottom