• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-E3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords Rumors.

Poyunch

I find it sort of sad that I find it weird to have more than one type of transportation/traversal in a Zelda game. In a different game it wouldn't be so weird but in Zelda it's out of the ordinary.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
The kind of person who would know that much story detail is not the kind of person who'd leak.

pirata

I really, really want these rumors to be true. And they aren't way too farfetched, since we know about the orchestrated music, Zelda William's secret shoot, and Aonuma has hinted that there would be flying involved in this game. God, that post-game content would be terrific.

comedy bomb said:

God, I wish Nintendo had the balls to make a commercial that awesome for North America.

antonz

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Random. Also awesome.

Also, WTF at Gahiggidy being a voice of caution at Nintendo hype.
Yep or as Destructoid put it
2z65dtl.png

AniHawk

ShockingAlberto said:
Everything but 10 sounds reasonable.

But man. 10 goes hellsa off the rails.

yeah, basically. i should know better than to get hyped up for it, but this would probably be the best zelda ever.

november 1st release date is definitely not happening... unless their black friday november thing this year is mario kart 3d or super mario 3d.

edit: oh, zeldainformer. i mean yeah, the date was a dead giveaway that this wasn't real (among other things, but especially the date), but zeldainformer means even if it was true that the universe reshaped itself so the news was false.

antonz

mantidor said:
I'm really not getting how is reasonable to think Nintendo is doing a 10 minute live action preview.
We consider it possible because we know they were shooting something that required green screens with Zelda Williams.

Somebody needs to make a thread compiling all outlandish E3 rumors. That way we'll know which sites to utterly ignore when they're proven to be bullshit.

mantidor

antonz said:
We consider it possible because we know they were shooting something that required green screens with Zelda Williams.

I really didn't know about that info, but my main issue is the time, if there is something is probably the commercial, 2 minutes tops, and that's being generous.

Or maybe they are doing a documentary thing for the 25th anniversary? I doubt Nintendo would put so much resources in just publicity for a single Zelda game.

AniHawk

Regulus Tera said:
Number 10 being real would actually make me excited.

also, number 10 being real would probably not leak out until review time.

i can completely buy the game being essentially finished at this point. my guess is the 3ds delay put everything off, including skyward sword's initial release date.

antonz

AniHawk said:
also, number 10 being real would probably not leak out until review time.

i can completely buy the game being essentially finished at this point. my guess is the 3ds delay put everything off, including skyward sword's initial release date.
Yeah I agree I mean back in April Miyamoto himself let out that he was already working on a new Zelda

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
brb going to 4chan to post rumours

lets see if it comes full circle

pulga

Banned
Guys guys, im not in the most sober state of mind right now, so i dont know if GAF is fucking w me-

--but is Zelda Williams really doing some secret shoot with Nintendo?

antonz

pulga said:
Guys guys, im not in the most sober state of mind right now, so i dont know if GAF is fucking w me-

It already happened but yes.

pulga said:

http://twitter.com/#!/zeldawilliams/status/72651576526897152

EatChildren said:

DO IT!

Guys, who gives a shit if they are fake! I just want more of that magical feeling when reading that list!

I NEED ANOTHER HIT

pirata said:
Aonuma has hinted that there would be flying involved in this game.

Was this recent? Not that really old story about his kid asking if Link could fly a plane right?

I love the idea of Flight in my Zelda.

TheCongressman1 said:
Was this recent? Not that really old story about his kid asking if Link could fly a plane right?

I love the idea of Flight in my Zelda.

Yeah. It came from Spirit tracks talk. He hinted now that they covered transport over water and land, they would try something else to surprise their fans. Something to that effect, but more subtle.

Thoraxes

Either the music is fake or Iwata lied about an orchestrated OST.

If you are a studio musician, mixing artist, or classically trained musician, you can, without a doubt, tell that all the sounds in that audio are all synthesized.

Not to mention the terrible quality, it sounds like something someone recorded with a microphone next to their computer speakers, the lack of transitions, and
the way Yokota composes (with long phrases and lusher accompaniment) this does not sound like music Nintendo would create for the game.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Yeah. It came from Spirit tracks talk. He hinted now that they covered transport over water and land, they would try something else to surprise their fans. Something to that effect, but more subtle.

That lead is super old then, two years was it? Then some time last year, Miyamoto said something like Link wouldn't fly like pit. Does that mean he will or will not fly? Who knows.

Meesh

civilstrife said:
Somebody needs to make a thread compiling all outlandish E3 rumors. That way we'll know which sites to utterly ignore when they're proven to be bullshit.
I like this idea, there should be a gaf yearly E3 rumor year book. Complete with our avatars, best gifs, predictions that actually came true. Make a good coffee table book too, heck I'd buy one! :)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Uncharted 3 and a new Zelda on the same day?

What the fuck am I going to do? Fuck.

Fuck.

(If true).
Obvious answer is: Uncharted 3 first (15-20 hour cinematic experience), followed by Zelda (40-60 hour experience).

Meesh

EatChildren said:

Post a rumor that Wiliam's daughter is indeed playing Zelda, but for the retro remake of that goofy commercial where that guy in black spandex runs around shouting "Zelda...Zelda". In the remake, Weird Al Yankovic plays the spandex dude and strums a ukulele whilst looking for said damsel.

BY2K said:
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.

I am fapping furiously at the thought of this...but unfortunately the info probably fake :/

Bel Marduk said:
I am fapping furiously at the thought of this...but unfortunately the info probably fake :/
Yup, there is NOTHING bad in this list and it would be so great if they did this.

...But no, it wont happen.

Main thing that confuses me is Zelda looking like a "Egyptian princess". Is she dark skinned AND dressed like one or just dressed like one? And why?

Koodo

Banned
I would probably give off a nuclear-size confetti explosion if every rumor turns out to be true.

My body is not prepared for this.

Flare

Black-Wind said:
Yup, there is NOTHING bad in this list and it would be so great if they did this.

...But no, it wont happen.

Main thing that confuses me is Zelda looking like a "Egyptian princess". Is she dark skinned AND dressed like one or just dressed like one? And why?

Rewatching the GDC trailer I noticed some of the enemies having "Egyptian style" jewelry. Hell even the Beetle has an Egypt inspired style.

Edit: some screens of what I'm talking about:
BTPLS.png

LTJUF.png

aqAEk.png

OGnN9.png

and the Beetle itself:
wID1p.png

Though I'd still take it all with a grain of salt.

I'm personally worried about the flying... because when they announced that sailing was an important part of Windwaker I just assumed that lake hylia was a bit bigger this time... then I guessed they're doing it like monkey island 2 and offer a few big islands full of corrupt government officials, voodoo, pirates, scum bars cannibals and puzzles.
How they did it in the end was the laziest and yet most annoying way they could've done it.

Top Bottom