• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-E3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords Rumors.

PounchEnvy said:
Sounds like a cop-out. Unless they were warnings signs or foreshadowing beforehand.

well as long as the villians talk about reviving their god, it should be fine. a group of villians would be a nice change

Poyunch

I still want the whole swords taking human forms to be true just for the connection with Majora's Mask.

From The Dust said:
well as long as the villians talk about reviving their god, it should be fine. a group of villians would be a nice change
They should've just committed seppuku from the start lol.

I still doubt this will be released before 2012. If they don't announce a delay and either a move to Cafe or a near simultaneous Wii/Cafe release at E3 I'm going to be absolutely shocked.

Cygnus X-1

rainking187 said:
I still doubt this will be released before 2012. If they don't announce a delay and either a move to Cafe or a near simultaneous Wii/Cafe release at E3 I'm going to be absolutely shocked.

I also expect this game to become a launch title of Cafe. It makes a lot of sense for Nintendo, especially with a upscaling to 1080p.

Big One

Banned
rainking187 said:
I still doubt this will be released before 2012.
The game was nearly complete a couple of months ago. They aren't going to delay the game for a whole year just to release it on Cafe. It's also better to release it on the Wii because the Wii basically has no killer Nintendo apps coming.

Rich!

$200 said:
^ I've seen that quite a few times on this forum and found it a bit disturbing. It's not real isn't it?

Of course it's real, don't you remember the hysteria from when it happened on GMTV?

Anyway. I actually do believe in these rumours about Zelda. #10 actually seems like it may happen, bizarrely. We've heard hints towards such a feature before.

Alrus

Cygnus X-1 said:
The amount of content of Twilight Princess, for example, is roughly of the same order than Ocarina of Time. Since 10 years separated them, this is not anymore acceptable. Content: in other words, number of characters involved, relations between each other and with Link himself, complexity of the storyline, difficulty of puzzles and monsters, A.I., ecc....

So do you also believe that every rpg should have more "content" that their predecessor?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
$200 said:
^ I've seen that quite a few times on this forum and found it a bit disturbing. It's not real isn't it?
It's from Scanners. A film based on a true story using real footage from psychokinetic murders.

WillyFive

Cygnus X-1 said:
The amount of content of Twilight Princess, for example, is roughly of the same order than Ocarina of Time. Since 10 years separated them, this is not anymore acceptable. Content: in other words, number of characters involved, relations between each other and with Link himself, complexity of the storyline, difficulty of puzzles and monsters, A.I., ecc....

I hope that Skyward sword will be less trivial and predictable.

I think what is throwing people off is your use of the word 'content'.

ShockingAlberto said:
Or, you know

The other game he's working on

That is announced but not out yet

And guaranteed to be at E3

Thank you! For years I've been hearing people clamor for Kid Icarus and now they already forgot about it before its even out.

KrawlMan

Serenade said:
It's from Scanners. A film based on a true story using real footage from psychokinetic murders.

IMDB Scanners

I've never seen it, but it sounds disturbing. Strangely enough the gif always made me laugh at its ridiculousness.

KaotikMind said:
Thank you! For years I've been hearing people clamor for Kid Icarus and now they already forgot about it before its even out.

In my defense, I haven't be clamoring about Kid Icarus and I won't likely get a 3DS before the Cafe sooo...SSB4!

Also I just realized this was the Zelda thread, sorry for not being on topic :p

Cygnus X-1

Alrus said:
So do you also believe that every rpg should have more "content" that their predecessor?

Not just in a quantitative way, but also and maybe mostly qualitatively. This is a part of what we call improvement after all.

I think that in every field we expect progresses compared to what came before. This is true for movies, technology and even videogames.

Don't get me wrong though: there are games in which content and content improvement is expressed differently, like the Mario games. In that case, improvement is strictly linked with gameplay and creativity. But again, creative puzzles, environments, bosses alongside with an orchestrated ost are also factors that enrich content and quality of content. So, content is not only storyline, but also involves items, soundtrack and structure of the overworld, for example.

About your question regarding RPG: take for example Golden Sun. A great series on the Gameboy Advance. Golden Sun the Dark Dawn on DS was a incredible letdown, because its content was on the same level if not poorer than their predecessors. Storyline boring, linear and disappointing. Non-charismatic characters. Lot of time spent talking about the parents of the main characters and not enough about the latter themselves, limited possibility of explore environments and towns. Side-quests limited to the strict necessary. And a really bad, rushed implementation of 8 main characters. Too fast and too useless for the gameplay and the organization of battles. Yeah, I would say it was even a step-back.

Another example of failing of putting "appropriate" content is Final Fantasy XIII. The large reduction of towns and interactivity with other characters watered the quality of the content of the game, while lack of turn-arounds completed the scenario of disappointment.

Back to the Zelda series: Ocarina of Time had the right content for a N64 game. Even outstanding considering the number of side-quests, characters, dungeons, items, ecc. Majora's Mask was the right step for the series: more characters and more interactions between characters, which is normal after all! If we want to reproduce a fantasy world, of course the main character will encounter lot of people. And every people will have its bit of problem to share. As the capacities of the hardware become larger and technicals walls are overcame, of course I would expect a more "realistic" scenario, which doesn't mean only graphics-wise. It mostly means a situation and an A.I. more plausible and that makes more sense in comparison to what we would imagine as a fantasy world.

Thoraxes

From The Dust said:
Which is why wondering if they lied is pointless. I think some people are getting paranoid :lol
I was just trying to emphasize the point that the rumored leaked music is actually fake and not from Skyward Sword in any fashion at all with a brash statement. Sorry if that caused any confusion. I tend to get overworked about music things; it comes with being in the business I suppose.

Sakurai will be speaking about Zelda at E3, and here is something interesting that 1984 from Zelda Universe pointed out:

Look at the two pictures of Link.
5FQn7.jpg

iaza12019337898500.jpg

The sword he wields in the new image looks like the one from the GDC trailer. They actually updated the artwork?

That new design for the sword looks closer to what we saw in the GDC trailer.

holy fuck, I never noticed the sword in the GDC trailer. I like the design. I wonder if the Master Sword will have more properties over the starter (other than the beam)

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe it's the light in the room or the photo was taken with no flash but the artwork looks darker toned, too.

[Nintex]

Nintendo usually sponsors the E3 passes, others use LA busstops to market stuff, paint sides of buildings or turn entire streets into gaming heaven, while Nintendo sponsors the passes.

Meesh

solblade00 said:
Rewatching the GDC trailer I noticed some of the enemies having "Egyptian style" jewelry. Hell even the Beetle has an Egypt inspired style.

Edit: some screens of what I'm talking about:
BTPLS.png

LTJUF.png

aqAEk.png

OGnN9.png

and the Beetle itself:
wID1p.png

Though I'd still take it all with a grain of salt.
I wouldn't call these examples definitively egyption...just looking at them conjures images of the Aztecs...or better yet the Mayans. Kinda interesting if the villian stems from either of these two cultures, especially the Mayans considering their ritualistic practices and disappearance. Just a thought...
:)
Also, Ganon appearing as a child doesn't really work if he has no bearing on the story. Even if it's just a cameo, as the rumor indicates, his childhood experiences in this adventure mold him to be the villian we know in later games, he's the series antagonist. If he's there as a child, I'm sure it's a big deal...so I think 5 is fake for sure.

rainking187 said:
Cygnus X-1 said:
I also expect this game to become a launch title of Cafe. It makes a lot of sense for Nintendo, especially with a upscaling to 1080p.
I don't see it. I think everyone is just assuming parallels with TP, but the situation is totally different. I seriously doubt Nintendo is finally going to release a significantly more powerful HD system then use Wii level assets to show it off. I also don't think they're going to rely on a game to sell Cafe that doesn't make significant use of its default controller. At least TP shoehorned in motion controls. How is a game designed specifically for the MotionPlus going to push their new interface? It won't. Skyward Sword will probably see a Q3/Q4 release, and if it's released on the Cafe at all it'll be tertiary to their main software lineup. I will eat my hat if it's their flagship launch title.

eXistor

Sounds too good to be true, especially number 10, that just goes over the top. It would be absolutely mind-shatteringly awesome if it was true but it seems unlikely.

eXistor said:
Sounds too good to be true, especially number 10, that just goes over the top. It would be absolutely mind-shatteringly awesome if it was true but it seems unlikely.
Agreed. If a rumor sounds like a fanboy's wishlist, it probably is.

Evilink said:
I wouldn't call these examples definitively egyption...just looking at them conjures images of the Aztecs...or better yet the Mayans. Kinda interesting if the villian stems from either of these two cultures, especially the Mayans considering their ritualistic practices and disappearance. Just a thought...
:)

I'm not sure if there's a collective name for all those pyramid building cultures, but yes it could be a mixture of all of those.
And a giant pyramid was central to ALttP of course.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Agreed. If a rumor sounds like a fanboy's wishlist, it probably is.
Also agreed. Nintendo occasionally will do something unexpectedly awesome like 242 stars in SMG2 but a lot of the time not so much.

Everything seems reasonable except for #9,#10 and sky combat. Those could be true but sound like a fanboys wishlist.

Meesh

Graphics Horse said:
I'm not sure if there's a collective name for all those pyramid building cultures, but yes it could be a mixture of all of those.
And a giant pyramid was central to ALttP of course.
True, how could I forget that!! :)

sphinx

the piano man
for a 25th anniversary, I wish a REmake from the original 1986 legend of Zelda for the Nintendo Entretainment system in a 3D world with Skyward Sword looks, both quests and world openness.

that or no second quest but a remake to adventure of Link included in the one game.

rainking187 said:

Cygnus X-1 said:
No, it makes no sense.

Just because Twilight Princess got bumped back to Wii does not mean Skyward Sword is getting bumped back to Cafe.

Do you really think Nintendo is going to have a Zelda 25th Anniversary blowout and then say, "Oh, by the way, Skyward Sword isn't coming out until next year. Sorry."

The game is coming out this year. Period.

Son.Ralph.Funk said:
I hope they've completely redone the graphics. I don't find those pastel, cell-shaded graphics to be attractive at all.
I think we can at least expect an improvement. Twilight Princess saw some definite progress from 2005 to 2006.

JaseMath

Son.Ralph.Funk said:
I hope they've completely redone the graphics. I don't find those pastel, cell-shaded graphics to be attractive at all.
lololol

Me either, but we'd better get used to it.

Hiltz

New rumor: College Choir to sing Skyward Sword song

"I wanted to let you in on some info on Nintendo's press conference. My classmate at a southern California university CSUF will be performing with his choir at E3. Today is a rehearsal at the university. Monday night is his dress rehearsal. He has informed me that the music is for Skyward Sword. That's all I have. Enjoy the choir and E3."

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...o-perform-skyward-sword-music-at-e3-2011.html

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Hiltz said:
New rumor: College Choir to sing Skyward Sword song

"I wanted to let you in on some info on Nintendo's press conference. My classmate at a southern California university CSUF will be performing with his choir at E3. Today is a rehearsal at the university. Monday night is his dress rehearsal. He has informed me that the music is for Skyward Sword. That's all I have. Enjoy the choir and E3."

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...o-perform-skyward-sword-music-at-e3-2011.html
Not so new rumour.
Also, even if it ends up being true, Zelda informer, lol.

ampere

Interesting, I really hope it does come out this year. They pumped out two Mario Galaxy games on Wii and those are great, wish Zelda games could come out as frequently.

AniHawk

Sneaky Gato said:
Having just checked Fullertons music departments website I couldn't find any events for this month.

plus graduation (and start of summer classes) was about three weeks ago.

Top Bottom