• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Pre-loaded copies of Paper Mario Color Splash can be played right now.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sep 12, 2011
UK
UPDATE: The loophole has apparently now been closed. It seems you can no longer pre-load to get the game early. (Thanks, Biske!) Could a mod please update title so people aren't disappointed? Thanks.

This has to be a mistake, lol, but my twitter timeline is going crazy. NA only. (It's meant to release October 7.)

https://twitter.com/Electivirus/status/779262544288501760

Yukinari

May 11, 2015
Still gonna wait for reviews. I dont buy digital on Nintendo hardware either unless its a humble bundle or deeply discounted.

Bazry

Nov 12, 2014
Manchester
I remember this happening before in the UK with Captain Toad, is was due out in January but around Xmas suddenly is was out and retailers ended up just shipping copies of the game also

Ondore

May 20, 2009
Welp, just took the plunge to check it (at $78.74 Canadian...), so we'll find out shortly.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jul 31, 2007
Hope this isn't a mistake. I'm ready.

Conkerkid11

Aug 1, 2013
Wait, this game was coming out this year? For some reason I thought it was next year.

Is there even a review thread?

Szadek

Jan 12, 2014
Hope this isn't a mistake. I'm ready.
It probably is, so if you want to play the game early ,you should act quickly.
You should also consider disconnecting your Wii U for now after downloading the game, just in case.

Robin64

Dec 7, 2011
England, UK
If someone can confirm this please, I'd like to do it immediately.... :)

Go do it. :)

KingBroly

Banned
Mar 18, 2015
Implying anyone at Nintendo will realize there is a problem with an online service.

I mean, it's not like they get money for it or anything /s

Nintendo did release WWHD 2 weeks early digitally. I'm not sure why they never did it again. I'm guessing retailers complained.

maxcriden

Sep 15, 2013
www.neogaf.com
All you rushing to download, dont come back whining later when Nintendo blocks this :p

As long as they don't block it in the next hour and a half or so, I'll have it ready to go and turn off the Internet connection to my Wii U. There shouldn't be any other way for them to lock it, then, right?

ETA: it's 4:46 AM on the West Coast, where NOA is. Hopefully that helps prevent a sooner fix.

morikaze

Banned
May 27, 2013
Nintendo afraid of NX reveal limiting Paper Mario's sales? Expect NX reveal before October 7th?
sorry

tebunker

Banned
Nov 28, 2006
While this is interesting I wouldn't expect Nintendo to take the gane away, but odds are they will turn off preloads.

Also I am not sure 2 weeks early digital is worth not saving 20%.