• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-loaded copies of Paper Mario Color Splash can be played right now.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Got mine downloading now. This would be a nice surprise to start the weekend.

Peltz

It's amazing how far in advance of official release day that Nintendo finishes its games. They often have a lead time of well over a month after the game is complete.

It's amazing how far in advance of official release day that Nintendo finishes its games. They often have a lead time of well over a month after the game is complete.

Maybe some companies who spend well over a month fixing their games after release should take note.

One of the interviews with the director around E3 had her saying that it was complete around then even.

I think Nintendo delayed the release to pad out the Wii U schedule this year.

oti

Banned
One of the interviews with the director around E3 had her saying that it was complete around then even.

I think Nintendo delayed the release to pad out the Wii U schedule this year.

In general it's true though. I remember receiving Toad Treasure Tracker like 2 months before release or something ludicrous like that.

ChaosXVI

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze definitely takes the cake for this sort of thing. Retro Studios president admitted that the game was 100% done in November 2013 but it didn't come out until February 2014.

Scrawnton

This is just how Nintendo operates. Take DQ7 for example. It's pretty obvious the game was completed at E3, they just make us wait for weird marketing/positioning reasons.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze definitely takes the cake for this sort of thing. Retro Studios president admitted that the game was 100% done in November 2013 but it didn't come out until February 2014.

While you are mostly right, that's not exactly true; Dave Wise said he invested the lapse between November and February expanding the soundtrack of the game (for instance, by November every minecart level had the same music). We probably have a theme per level thanks to that delay.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
My download completed but now it says the install is going to take over an hour. Wtf is this normal on WiiU?

stephentotilo

Behind The Games

From my July 5 article about the game, which was based on an interview I did with the producer in June:

When Tabata joked to me that I wouldn’t have time to play the whole game at E3, I joked back that it probably wasn’t done. Mind you, this was in mid-June. The game comes out in October. Her response: “Hmmm. It’s complete.” Then she laughed.

maxcriden

My download completed but now it says the install is going to take over an hour. Wtf is this normal on WiiU?

All depends on the game and where its being downloaded to I figure but that's linger than I've ever heard of. Mine is installing now and jumped from 19 to 14 minds so hopefully yours will jump down in amount of time also.

Theory time
Game was supposed to come out months ago but they delayed it to pad the release schedule. The game was already done though. The digital version was set to be unlocked at the original release time idea and they just forgot to change it.

Jawmuncher

Theory time
Game was supposed to come out months ago but they delayed it to pad the release schedule. The game was already done though. The digital version was set to be unlocked at the original release time idea and they just forgot to change it.

Seems likely really.

Nobody stole anything, it was available for download, some users downloaded it. Nothing wrong with that.
I know, but it could've been an error or glitch. It's not supposed to release until October 7. Never know how Nintendo takes these kind of things.

:D

Wii U disconnected from the internet. Spotpass also off.

My wife adores Paper Mario (including Sticker Star) and she doesnt know yet this game exists. I was planning to surprise her on October 7th. Now I can surprise her tonight instead!

I'm jealous! I want to play this game.

maxcriden

img_20160923_09083153nju08.jpg

My wife adores Paper Mario (including Sticker Star) and she doesnt know yet this game exists. I was planning to surprise her on October 7th. Now I can surprise her tonight instead!

Szadek

I know, but it could've been an error or glitch. It's not supposed to release until October 7. Never know how Nintendo takes these kind of things.
It would be incredible stupid if they would punish paying customers because of their employees fucked up.
Sticker Star has been playable for months though.

...Oh right it's a New! Mario RPG.
Neither games are RPG,because Nintendo gives zero fucks about the TTYD fans.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

Nice. Let us know what you think.

I don't know why I keep F5ing this thread for impressions when it isn't possible for anyone to be more than 15 minutes into the game at this point.

Sadist

Hahaha that's amazing.

Could Nintendo do something about this actually? Just curious. (Like undertaking legal action or...) I think it's a hilarious fuck up though.

Eliseo

Awwww that's awesome, and man that game looks soooo damn good.

Top Bottom