• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre orders for CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION are up

Draugoth

Gold Member
2erk1etovpn91.png

Pre-order Bonus Content
- SOLDIER Materia Set
Makes three materia: Dark Fire, Dark Thunder, and Dark Blizzard available early in the game. These materia allow the use of attack spells that inflict "Poison" and "Silence" status ailments in addition to their respective elemental damage.
*Use of pre-order bonus content requires Internet access.

This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.

《 CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION 》
In addition to the game, you will also receive a mini soundtrack showcasing the game’s powerful music and an art book filled with gorgeous illustrations. Immerse yourself in the rich universe of CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION!

- “CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION” game
- Original mini soundtrack “CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION MINI SOUNDTRACK”
- Original art book “HEROES Past and Present The Art of CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII–“

CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION is the HD remaster version of the smash hit prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII.

In addition to all graphics being remastered in HD, fully voiced dialogue and new soundtrack arrangements make for a dynamic new retelling of a beloved classic.

CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION follows the story of Zack Fair, a young warrior admired by the boy destined to save the world, trusted by men renowned as heroes of legend, and loved by the girl who holds the fate of the planet in her hands. The tale of Zack's dreams and honor—the legacy that connects him to Cloud—is revealed in full in this grand saga that has broken the limits of an HD remaster.

- All graphics fully remastered in HD, bringing the game to the latest console generation
- Renewed 3D models, including characters and backgrounds, enriching the visual experience
- Improved battle system providing a vastly smoother gameplay experience
- Fully voiced dialogue in both English and Japanese
- A newly arranged soundtrack from the original composer, Takeharu Ishimoto

In the mako-powered metropolis of Midgar stands the headquarters of Shinra, a powerful company with a formidable private army. Zack Fair is a promising young operative in the Shinra military's elite unit, SOLDIER. Together with his mentor, SOLDIER 1st Class Angeal, and the SOLDIER hero Sephiroth, Zack begins an investigation into the recent mass disappearance of SOLDIER operatives.

If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™ game disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1608070/

Xbox/Windows: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-digital-deluxe-edition/9p8hrxwtr1vg

Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/en-us/store/products/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-switch/

PlayStation: https://store.playstation.com/es-mx/product/UP0082-PPSA07809_00-CRISISCORE000DDX

Last edited:

wvnative

Xbox version for me, looking forward to it as I haven't played it since it's release on PSP. But good lord is Zack's voice gonna get on my nerves his new VA is horrid.

//DEVIL//

Unless it's a special or limited edition physical game.... No one should ever preorder . Like what is the point ? Why you giving ur money to them early to make interest on it while you are like a shmuck waiting for them to toggle the unlock download button ?

When it's out, buy it. Otherwise fucking stop this shitty behaviour.

graywolf323

Gold Member
$20 more for a mini-soundtrack and digital artbook seems a bit excessive, it’s also a bigger increase in price than Square-Enix‘s other recent Digital Deluxe editions 😕

Hestar69

Unless it's a special or limited edition physical game.... No one should ever preorder . Like what is the point ? Why you giving ur money to them early to make interest on it while you are like a shmuck waiting for them to toggle the unlock download button ?

I pre order from amazon because they don't charge until it ships and If if you wait too long, they won't give you release date shipping (i've been screwed many times on stuff).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Physical isn’t a big deal to me. I still have the UMD. GameStop had Shinra UMD cases for the NA launch. They looked lIke super cheap plastic. Best Buy sells steel cases for $9.99 and this game is cheaper than most games anyway. Not to frown upon this game’s release because the extra work looks good.

Pagusas

Elden Member
God I just watched the launch trailer... probably the worst trailer ever made for a high quality video game. Its so bad. The voice acting just hurts my head. How can any competent audio director allow this to happen?

Last edited:

wvnative

Cause it's amazing having the game ready to play at midnight and already installed.

Even for physical games pre ordering online ensures you get the game delivered day 1 without having to go out.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can't wait.

Still, not pre-ordering because pre-ordering software makes zero sense.

I think preordering a week earlier makes sense these days, cuz you’ll often get little ingame bonuses and be able to preload the game if you got it digitally. Or if you got the game physically and want it mailed to you it helps ensure the shipping goes more smoothly. I agree that preordering MONTHS before is weird, but hey to each their own.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think preordering a week earlier makes sense these days, cuz you’ll often get little ingame bonuses and be able to preload the game if you got it digitally. Or if you got the game physically and want it mailed to you it helps ensure the shipping goes more smoothly. I agree that preordering MONTHS before is weird, but hey to each their own.
If you preorder months in advance then you’re not tempted to spend that money on an impulse buy or be tempted to buy another AAA game instead. I feel like I’ve been preordering so long that it no longer matters as long as I’m excited for it. If you’re viewing sales like Wario64, there’s a good chance you’ll see something you want. Nintendo changed the way they do their digital preorders. They don’t charge you until preload, which is usually a couple days or so before. Nintendo will even tell you when they’ll charge you. On the other side, Sony still charges at checkout. You can also cancel your preorder if you contact their support chat. I have Crisis Core preordered on Amazon. It’ll charge when it ships, so I don’t need to worry unless I want to cancel. To me, it helps you focus on other things while you wait for the game to release. I think the reasons behind preordering have been soured by marketing and other BS that might not actually interest you.

Arachnid

That's kind of harsh, man.
How so? I'm not insulting the game itself.

This game is supposed to be lead up to the events of FF7 right? If I'm never going to get the main game (at least until I manage to snag a PS5; at this point, I feel like a may as well wait for the new model), why support this one?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief

This game is supposed to be lead up to the events of FF7 right? If I'm never going to get the main game (at least until I manage to snag a PS5; at this point, I feel like a may as well wait for the new model), why support this one?
Fair enough. I guess I misinterpreted your tone.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is the steel book exclusive to the UK?

Edit: Seems it is, can't even have it shipped to Canada.
Nah

Try the Square Enix store or maybe they haven't gone live yet.
Probably GameStop.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Pre ordering a game that I'm buying digitally that I finished like ten years ago.

Nomura, I see you're turning your mindfuck Kingdom Hearts bullshit into a meta pseudo-ARG. Clever, but not clever enough. I don't even USE Dark Materia because Hell Materia is much better. So ha. (HAHAHAHA)

wipeout364

Square Enix must be looking at the launch titles for the fall and be thinking “we have all this low budget shit laying around let’s just cram it all into the Christmas season since nobody has anything ready to go”.

I’m not complaining as I will probably buy it all but they have Valkyrie Profile, ogre tactics, diofeld chronicles, star ocean and now this.

Edit: it’s like the PS1 days all over again.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Checked Walmart, Amazon, Gamespot, Best Buy, Square Enix, nothing. Only found it at game.co.uk
Give it time, the twitter post was advertising the NA version after all so it's definitely being released there.
Probably just not live yet

Last edited:

sendit

Imagine pre ordering a game within the last 5-10 years when content is easily consumed via a 1 click download.

On topic, kind of wish they gave it a FF7 Remake treatment in terms of visual fidelity.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

First thing that came to mind is Crisis Core will be in the "C" part of my Steam library, away from all the other FF games.

Losing My Mind GIF

Lethal01

FF7 is already on Xbox isn't it? Crisis core was always made for the original game.

Arachnid

FF7 is already on Xbox isn't it? Crisis core was always made for the original game.
Yeah, but I (ashamedly) have never played FF7 (other than a few minutes) and wanted to experience the remake first. If this new one is remade in the same way the 7 remake is with revamped combat, wouldn't it make more sense to pair it with the remake?

Lethal01

They're definitely gonna be tinkering with stuff in this to better align with FF7R. Count on it.
Yeah, but I (ashamedly) have never played FF7 (other than a few minutes) and wanted to experience the remake first. If this new one is remade in the same way the 7 remake is with revamped combat, wouldn't it make more sense to pair it with the remake?

That's kinda irrelevant, Crisis Core was always an action game that was paired with the original game that was an RPG, the crisis core will pair atleast as well with the OG as the remake does.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Steam system requirements:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD A8-7600 / Intel® Core™ i3-3210
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 460 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    • Additional Notes: 30 FPS @ 1280x720
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200 / Intel® Core™ i5-6500
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    • Additional Notes: 60 FPS @ 1920x1080

Top Bottom