• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS Japanese rumor checklist - DQ10 = MMO-like? (And other fun stuff!)

Aeana

A while back, several rumors circulated around the Japanese blogosphere. Many of the things seemed credible, but others are outlandish. However, with the announcement of Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy for 3DS today, the whole batch becomes much more credible. So duckroll and I decided it might be good idea to put together a little checklist thread so we can see how these things play out in the coming weeks.

[x] 4 Warriors of Light 2, 3DS ** Renamed to Bravely Default
[x] Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS
[x] Miku Hatsune (SD style), 3DS
[x] New Shining game using Valkyria systems and characters from Shining Hearts, PSP
[x] Sega has a Layton-like game but with rhythm action instead of puzzles, to be announced at TGS.
[ ] Bayonetta 2 is in development and is planned for release at the same time as a theatrical Bayonetta CG movie.
[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title.
[x] DQ10 is being designed as an MMO-like game.

------

[ ] Persona 2 Eternal Punishment PSP, November 2 release.
[x] Persona 4 Vita port, 2012.

------

-------------------

duckroll said:
Today's Famitsu announced a new game from Sega. It's called Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy, and it's for the 3DS. It's a mix of a rhythm action game and an adventure game, and will use the gyroscope. It's coming out this Winter.

Boney

Banned
[x] Sega has a Layton-like game but with rhythm action instead of puzzles, to be announced at TGS.

?????

Erethian

Considering the likelihood that MH3 was money hatted by Nintendo for the Wii, I could totally see them asking Capcom to do a G version for 3DS.

Not sure what to think about the DQ10 rumour. So long as it's still turn-based.

duckroll

Boney said:

?????

Today's Famitsu announced a new game from Sega. It's called Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy, and it's for the 3DS. It's a mix of a rhythm action game and an adventure game, and will use the gyroscope. It's coming out this Winter.

duckroll

rpmurphy said:
That's some crazy stuff if true. Are the rumors coming from the same source?

These rumors were all from the same source, and were released at the same time some time ago. They are supposed to have been leaked anonymously by an editor working at a major game magazine.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I like the idea of DQ being turn based and having MMO-qualities. I don't like it being a full on MMO.

But we shall see.

Boney

Banned
I'm hype.. except for DQX MMO

duckroll said:
Uhhh

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Aeana said:
[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title.
[ ] Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS
It will be interesting to see if the same Monster Hunter games end up being on both platforms, or if they'll go with a seperate titles approach instead.
[ ] DQ10 is being designed as an MMO-like game.
...MMo-like, like Xenoblade? Or Monster Hunter esque? Or an actual MMO?
[ ] Bayonetta 2 is in development and is planned for release at the same time as a theatrical Bayonetta CG movie.
Woah, this party's getting crazy.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ratrat said:
A Bayonetta movie? ok.

Sarah Palin should pull a reverse Reagan for this.

It's called Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy, and it's for the 3DS. It's a mix of a rhythm action game and an adventure game, and will use the gyroscope. It's coming out this Winter.
Weird title, but I never though about using the gyroscope for rhythm games. Would love to see a new EBA using it, since I'm guessing we might not see this game in the states.

Celine

[ ] 4 Warriors of Light 2, 3DS
That would be a good thing.

[ ] Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS
Smart move by Nintendo.

[ ] DQ10 is being designed as an MMO-like game.
No buy from me then ;_;

Alrus

MMO-like could be some kind of Xenoblade-like quest system and world map no? Not a full blown MMO (which would be completely stupid tbh).

Also, another Layton clone? Well this one is rhythm based so maybe it'll work, but every time a layton clone came out, it bombed really badly in Japan.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I hope DQX still has a good single-player... the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure what to expect.

ezekial45

Banned
I hope the Bayonetta rumor is true. Not only will we be getting another awesome game, but it'll also be Kamiya's first time doing a sequel to his own game.

duckroll

The rumor about the new Shining game is actually kinda interesting, because it specifically mentioned that it will have characters from Shining Hearts. In fact, all the rumors were oddly specific in one way or another, so the fact that one of the more specific and offbeat ones have turned out to be true makes the entire thing kinda... interesting.

Grisby

Bayonetta 2?
Gwirhl.png

udivision

I didn't play DQ9, but I'm assuming they mean DQ10 will incoprorate some of the multiplayer functions from that. Not too crazy of an idea.

faridmon

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Come to think of it, I don't think I got around to playing 4WoL. I guess I'll look into that one of these days.
Yeah, me as well. I only played like 5 hours. This reminds me to get back and finish it off.

Top Bottom