• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS Japanese rumor checklist - DQ10 = MMO-like? (And other fun stuff!)

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the developers of Dragon Quest X were going to draw from the DQ 8 formula because so many fans requested that they do.

Oh, I did:

Nintendo Power: Do you see any advantages to making Dragon Quest on a home console again?

Yuji Horii: The next Dragon Quest game, Dragon Quest X, will actually be released on Wii. I feel that some users will want to play Dragon Quest on the big screen, which is why we are working toward releasing it on Wii. Of course, in the future we might develop on handhelds again, so it’s really a case-by-case basis. It all depends on what the customer wants at that time. Something else we hear is that players want a new Dragon Quest that follows the same system of Dragon Quest VIII, so that’s something else we’re taking into consideration while in development for a Dragon Quest on Wii.

Nintendo Power: Is development on Dragon Quest X proceeding smoothly?

Yuji Horii: All we can say is that development is going well and we’re on the last parts of the game. We can’t really share much else at this point, but by the end of this year we should be able to announce something regarding it.

http://www.**********.com/?p=154637

go nintendo had the quote, but the link ain't working. paste the quote in google.

Alrus

Sammy Samusu said:
Monster Hunter 3rd HD - As the name says, it's an HD port of PSP's Portable 3rd, no additional content, same game from PSP, and soon PS3 (launching in a few days).

Maybe they'll fix the awful UI resolution for the Vita release? (Seriously have you seen the PS3 screenshot, the UI is ridiculous, I can't believe Capcom was so lazy with it).

antonz

duckroll said:
I think he's talking about SWTOR there. :p
He was using SWTOR as a comparison to what hes heard about DQX. SWTOR has the companion system where you can quest solo or bring in players.

Though yes its all unconfirmed stuff so nothing to see here ;)

duckroll

Ookami-kun said:
Which is small compared to Wind, IIRC.

Shining is slowly become that hentai artist's H-Game. =/

Nope. Shining Hearts sold 142k total, which is more than any other Shining game in the memory of sales tracking.

Shining Force Feather - 57k
Shining Force Ikusa - 116k
Shining Wind - 116k

JudgeN

Nix said:
How the hell is MH gonna work on the 3DS?

Just like it did on the PSP, you will be using the god damn "Claw". Its funny alot of people didn't give the PSP version a chance because of the lack of a second stick.

Boney

Banned
JudgeN said:
Just like it did on the PSP, you could using the god damn "Claw". Its funny alot of people didn't give the PSP version a chance because of the lack of a second stick.
I played it fine without ever using the claw.

Frankfurt

Banned
The Bayonetta movie won't have the same god-awful writing as the game, will it? I know FFVIIAC, Tekken and RE:D were all painfully bad, but... It can't be as bad as the game... Right?

Right?

Alrus

JudgeN said:
Just like it did on the PSP, you will be using the god damn "Claw". Its funny alot of people didn't give the PSP version a chance because of the lack of a second stick.

Or the touch screen to move the camera, or the gyro... There are a few possibilies more comfortable than the claw.

To be honest the camera was never really an issue with monster hunter. You can always adjust it during attacks or item use, it doesn't require constant adjustment at all.

JudgeN

Boney said:

What kind of sorcery is this?

Alrus said:
Or the touch screen to move the camera, or the gyro... There are a few possibilies more comfortable than the claw.

Having the take my fingers off the attack buttons? no way in hell for MH, dunno i would have to see how it works but I just can't imagine it.

Ratrat

Boney said:
Pretty much this. it'll work work perfectly fine on the 3ds for people who managed the psps controls.

And 3D rathalos + conga farts will be irresistible.

edit: I didn't even know what the claw was until I read about it here. Just move the camera real quickly with your thumb.

Emitan

ezekial45 said:
If it's because of the technical issues, they patched it and it plays way better.
People kept telling me even after the patch it gets really horrible later on so I stopped playing. I might start a new game and start over.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
duckroll said:
Nope. Shining Hearts sold 142k total, which is more than any other Shining game in the memory of sales tracking.

Shining Force Feather - 57k
Shining Force Ikusa - 116k
Shining Wind - 116k

Welp, it looks like hentai is taking over Shining.

weeaboo

I really hope PG and Kamiya are the ones doing Bayonetta 2, that movie stuff sound like typical Sega bullshit. I'm scared ;(

Aeana

JudgeN said:
Having the take my fingers off the attack buttons? no way in hell for MH, dunno i would have to see how it works but I just can't imagine it.
Don't you have to do that even when the camera is on the right stick?

daffy

Banned
duckroll said:
Today's Famitsu announced a new game from Sega. It's called Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy, and it's for the 3DS. It's a mix of a rhythm action game and an adventure game, and will use the gyroscope. It's coming out this Winter.
Region lock sadness. It begins.

Ryuuga

Banned
antonz said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30349018&postcount=684

though it is said to be taken with a grain of salt.

I dont know. 3DS is more or less a Pocket Wii in function and ability. Wii assets very easily transferred as a baseline to work with

Would the Wii assets be ported over? I always figured in this scenario they'd work with the PSP assets. Then again they removed the water areas (not only due to the PSP's limitations) but because they have and on-going theme with the game itself Wii (Water), PSP (Thunder) and 3DS (Possibly Fire/Wind?). Something seems sort of off about MHP3rd being on PSP, making the remastered HD iteration for PS3 then dropping G levels on the 3DS whilst pimping "second analog" play for the PSN version for Vita. Then again I'm not one to complain about more MH.

EDIT: Yeah, I've never had to use the claw when playing MHP or had to have grown extra appendages.

Billychu said:
People kept telling me even after the patch it gets really horrible later on so I stopped playing. I might start a new game and start over.

Speaking as someone who finished Bayonetta on the PS3 after that patch, please buy the 360 version.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Tri G - makes a lot of sense and has me quite excite.
3rd HD - Not really looking forward to a third version of the same game, significant changes and/or extra content, or bust.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
DQX one sounds plausible but it's also quite vague so we'll probably check it regardless, lol. DQIX seemed similar in some ways. On a home system that they could have areas like Xenoblade's and such they could get closer to that end too. Maybe they'll also have a more real time system, again like Xenoblade and The Last Story, like they originally planned for DQIX before the backlash? Could be cool. If the TriG rumour is real there will be some major meltdowns (again, like with Tri, lol).

I dunno what I'd want them to add to TriG. Improve the online interface I guess, maybe just have the city gates with live chat among 100 or more people (if it's impossible to display them all) then hop directly into 4 man quests rather than pass through another hoop. Essentially 3D chat -> mission, just two steps after picking the desired rank or type of server. Of course city functions like shops, rooms and mission boards should be at the city gate. Then all the missing weapons, but not like they are on Portable 3rd, I'd like them to have changes like the Tri weapons got. The customisable bowguns could inspire similar functionality for the bows and gunlances for example. Maybe another weapon type that changes shape like the switch axe too. And of course more all new monsters, and some new areas to go with them, not just color and G rank variations. I'd like more mammal types than Tri had, but not silly types like Congalala, though I guess one funny monster would be ok to have and Qurupeco didn't quite fit the bill.

Oh, maybe you could also bring your cha cha with you in missions with less than 3 players (so that both players can bring their cha cha every time, rather than have to decide which player during a 3 man quest gets his while the rest don't). That could be neat and make certain quests less of a chore when you don't have enough players.

Emitan

nckillthegrimace said:
Speaking as someone who finished Bayonetta on the PS3 after that patch, please buy the 360 version.
Let's pretend for a moment that I currently have a very small amount of disposable income and this amount will not grow until December when I have a job again. Is it really worth buying the game again?

Boney

Banned
JudgeN said:
What kind of sorcery is this?
Just used the L button and spun the camara wherever I was in animation state, be it attacking, using items or rolling

Granted, I played Tri first, so it was kinda hard adapting at first, but after an hour I was ready to go.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Honestly DQX having MMO-like design sounds completely plausible, considering DQIX wasn't to far from that in terms of design.

My only worry is they'll apply that kind of design to the battle system, but considering it's DQ, i really doubt they'd do that.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Alextended said:
If the TriG rumour is real there will be some major meltdowns (again, like with Tri, lol).
I don't think anyone is going to have a meltdown over that, maybe if it was a full blown sequel, but an expansion of an already exclusive Wii game?

cvxfreak said:
Resident Evil 6 is still a rumor, even if it is pretty likely.
The style and system(s) for that is my most interested bit of expected news. At the very least I'd like to know if I'm stuck with a subseries for my Resident Evil.

Niblet

OMG OMG OMG OMG I will rampage if Bayonetta 2 is not coming. Got damnit, I have a fever and the only-- wait a fucking movie? MELTDOWN MODE

Of a less, but not much less hype factor:
Mohan for 3DS and 3rd HD for Vita?

Is this real life?

Also this initial rumor list popped up prior to the Shinning Blade name was trademarked so it may add further credibility. Father Brain in the other thread discovered this though, not me.

http://www.segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=1389.0

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/16/next-shining-series-game-is-shining-blade/
Aeana said:
Oh, I imagine those were just guesses on Alberto's part, since I'm pretty sure he got the idea that it was an MMO-style game from me in the first place.

Also it looks like he's talking about SWTOR there anyway.
He thought SWTOR and KOTOR played pretty similarly together though this is what he said.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30349106&postcount=689

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tri G, g, tree.

Aeana said:
You could also use the touchscreen for the camera.

And also, gyro aiming. Gyro aiming seems to work wonderfully for the games that use it.

Top Bottom