• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS Japanese rumor checklist - DQ10 = MMO-like? (And other fun stuff!)

[ ] 4 Warriors of Light 2, 3DS
[ ] Bayonetta 2 is in development and is planned for release at the same time as a theatrical Bayonetta CG movie.

I'd be happy with one of these, ecstatic with both of them.

KAL2006

Banned
New monster hunter for revised 3ds with dual analogs this is nintendos trump card and savior for their 3ds system i am also hoping dqx mmo is for 3ds that would be a huge deal

KAL2006 said:
New monster hunter for revised 3ds with dual analogs this is nintendos trump card and savior for their 3ds system i am also hoping dqx mmo is for 3ds that would be a huge deal
Trump card is Pokemon. Nintendo can win this handheld race anytime they want. Pokemon is something you don't fuck with.

Does the Wii even have the infrastructure to support an MMO like game? Serious question. AFAIK the closest to it is MHTri and I wouldn't consider that an MMO like game.

KAL2006

Banned
AgentChris said:
Trump card is Pokemon. Nintendo can win this handheld race anytime they want. Pokemon is something you don't fuck with.
Of course but pokemon is expected and it will be big as ever but a monster hunter and dqx with online play would take the 3ds to the next level i think that will be their surprise at the nintendo conference

AranhaHunter said:
Does the Wii even have the infrastructure to support an MMO like game? Serious question. AFAIK the closest to it is MHTri and I wouldn't consider that an MMO like game.

Yes?
They don't have to use Nintendo's online for it.
They'd host their own servers like in any other MMO.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
AranhaHunter said:
It can connect to the internet with higher than dial up speed, that's all the infrastructure you need since a MMO would have its own servers and such much like Tri, completely bypassing friend codes and whatever else is Nintendo-built. The PS2 has an MMORPG. But I don't think the rumour means it will be an actual MMO, otherwise why "like"?

Aeana said:
DQ10 is a Wii game.
I think he's drunk.

Aeana

KAL2006 said:
DQ10 is a Wii game.

KAL2006

Banned
I dont think dqx will be a proper mmo with fees but basically like dq9 with added mmo type features and online play

I think you people are reading too much into the "MMO" part, it's probably a single-player game with online options. Also...

Yuji Horii said:
Something else we hear is that players want a new Dragon Quest that follows the same system of Dragon Quest VIII, so that’s something else we’re taking into consideration while in development for a Dragon Quest on Wii.

cartman414 said:
I'm curious: where did those rumors, for instance, the 4HoL 2 one, come from?
Apparently from a magazine.

Aeana

KAL2006 said:
That would be lame the wii is dead and the wii u is coming ul it would make sense to move the game to 3ds wbixh i think will likely happen
The DQ Collection for Wii that is releasing on September 15th will have the first trailer for DQ10, the Wii game.

Alexios

KAL2006 said:
That would be lame the wii is dead and the wii u is coming ul it would make sense to move the game to 3ds wbixh i think will likely happen
Christ... It's been re-re-re-confirmed multiple times over the last year and there's a Dragon Quest Collection coming to Wii next month that will contain the game's first trailer.

And no, it's not lame or dumb. Deal with it.

Emitan

KAL2006 said:
Well it's not. Yuji Hori wants the game on the Wii because everyone owns one. He's not going to change platforms. Several months ago I tried to make the same argument you are and it doesn't hold up.

Key2001

KAL2006 said:

Just a couple months ago, after the WiiU reveal, SE stated that it is remaining a Wii exclusive. I believe SE has also stated they release DQX on the highest selling system(I believe this was in response to a question on why they decided to go with the Wii).

Jonnyram

KAL2006 said:
Here is a person who is obviously well educated in the history of Dragon Quest.

Alexios

AranhaHunter said:
So then it's a no not a yes. I think this list is questionable.
If that's a no to you then it's a no for every system ever so why ask to begin with? When did you hear of Sony or Microsoft paying to host a third party's MMORPG servers, yet have that third party reap the benefits of the monthly fees... Did Sony/Microsoft host FFXI? Anyway, it's not likely to be an actual MMO.

KAL2006

Banned
Ok my bad didnt knOw its definitely for wii its a shame i would have loved an online enabled dqx for 3ds for me dq just seems more suitable for handheld i cant be bithered to turn on my wii and play in my liiving room

Emitan

KAL2006 said:
Ok my bad didnt knOw its definitely for wii its a shame i would have loved an online enabled dqx for 3ds for me dq just seems more suitable for handheld i cant be bithered to turn on my wii and play in my liiving room
Do you need a new keyboard? I can send you one. Yours is obviously broken.

Alextended said:
If that's a no to you then it's a no for every system ever so why ask to begin with? When did you hear of Sony or Microsoft paying to host a third party's MMORPG servers, yet have that third party reap the benefits of the monthly fees... Did Sony/Microsoft host FFXI? Anyway, it's not likely to be an actual MMO.
Monthly fee?

139604_o.gif

Ain't nobody here for that shit.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
4 Warriors of Light 2
Yes yes yes yes yes please, I want this so bad

Just fix the slight annoyances and keep everything else the same and it'll be handheld GOTY

SharkJAW

Sammy Samusu said:
No, I'm referring to combining items.

I have died multiple times fighting Alatreon because I had the fucking menu all over my screen, lol.

I don't know if the source to that rumor is reliable, that's why I'm asking, lol.

Ah, ok. I totally misread your post, lol. But I totally agree. It would definitely make life easier.

KAL2006

Banned
Billychu said:
Do you need a new keyboard? I can send you one. Yours is obviously broken.
Sorry am in bed using my iphone i will stop posting now going to sleep anyway i usually browse gaf on my iphone for 40 mins before i sleep

Emitan

KAL2006 said:
Sorry am in bed using my iphone i will stop posting now going to sleep anyway i usually browse gaf on my iphone for 40 mins before i sleep
That's cool. I browse GAF at work but I'm usually OCD about typos.

KAL2006

Banned
antonz said:
Alcohol is playing a factor im sure. He has been too positive about the 3ds :p
Sorry i forgot the rules you can only like one platform in this forum

Last post i promise now going to sleep

AceBandage said:
Yes... but how is that a no?
That's how ALL MMOs work...

It's a no because the infrastructure is not built which is what I asked. Again I think the list is questionable. Is there a chance it can be true? Sure, just like there's a chance that fake vita leaked list can be true, I just don't buy it until we see it. Furthermore I don't think SE would be stupid enough to make DQX an MMO instead of just doing a side spin, FFXIV disaster should be enough for them.

lunchwithyuzo said:
B E L I E V E

Nice edit.

Alexios

AranhaHunter said:
It's a no because the infrastructure is not built which is what I asked.
Way to go into a semantics war.

Every MMORPG on every system will need its own setup and servers. So yes, Wii has what's needed for such a game, because what's needed is access to the internet. That's it.

If the list is or isn't questionable has no bearing on this, and the list doesn't even say it will be an MMO anyway. People call Xenoblade MMO-like and it's single player...

AranhaHunter said:
It's a no because the infrastructure is not built which is what I asked. Again I think the list is questionable. Is there a chance it can be true? Sure, just like there's a chance that fake vita leaked list can be true, I just don't buy it until we see it. Furthermore I don't think SE would be stupid enough to make DQX an MMO instead of just doing a side spin, FFXIV disaster should be enough for them.

Nice edit.

Holy backpedal, Batman!

antonz

KAL2006 said:
Sorry i forgot the rules you can only like one platform in this forum

Last post i promise now going to sleep
Im just giving you a hard time. I figured it was an infamous iphone to blame. Its an evil device between that and its auto correct feature

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think it's more likely to be a Phantasy Star Universe. Single player story, but most of the content can be played online.

Poyunch

Monster Hunter and another Four Warriors of Light would be great. I don't know how to feel about Monster Hunter tri G and Monster Hunter 3rd HD. I mean I'm happy for more Monster Hunter games but I feel like I'm probably going to get burned out especially if they play similarly.

I know tri and Portable 3rd play differently but I really feel like one of the games is going to adopt the playstyle of the other.

Emitan

AranhaHunter said:
I backpedaled? Ok.....
Yes. You asked if the Wii could handle an MMO. You were told it was possible. You then said it didn't count because Nintendo doesn't have server farms laying around for people to eventually host an MMO on.

Alexios

AranhaHunter said:
What does that have to do with anything?
If you keep cherry picking what to read or respond to you'll never find out.

People can't explain it with simpler words to you.

MMORPGs run on their own servers run by the creators/publishers.

No company would or could pre-emptively create built-in MMORPG support for their platform. There's no such thing.

Concluding, Wii has all it takes for MMORPGs to be put on it. Because all it needs from the platform holder is online access.

All this means is that your question was wrong to begin with, not that the Wii is lacking something as you keep stating.

This is all simple enough for most people to understand. I guess there are exceptions.

PS: people throwing logic your way, and somehow missing you, don't necessarily b e l i e v e DQX will be a full on MMORPG or whatever is in the OP.

Edit: and once again you ignore it all and go on another willfully ignorant rant in a new page, have fun, lol.

Top Bottom