• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predator: Hunting Grounds - Previews.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

MiguelItUp

They should have waited for next gen with this game
I'm really enjoying the game, but man, do I wish the engine was optimized better and looked even better. I'm one of the few that doesn't think it looks awful by any means, but it could look and run better for sure.

The attention to detail is so good. Via the recordings you find out Dutch was netgunned by a Female Predator and you can clearly see the marks on his face. Ugh, so good.

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan of them putting out paid DLC so fast when the game has things that need to be fixed and there is not a lot of content in it.

SadeVillain

Banned
I wonder how it's gets decided who's gonna be Dutch or will the whole fireteam be able to play as Dutch?

Or is it Dutch vs 4 predators?

Justin9mm

IMO they look better than Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3 Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima from gameplay perspective. And I am not kidding here. Every experienced and seasoned gamer can easily figure it out from watching available footage. They nailed a lot of stuff right from Predator (1987) and Predator 2 (1990) films.

Anyways we shall find out who was right about the game in the end.
Yep we found out! Game is average at best! Not even on the same playing field as games mentioned!

I thought it was free?
Nope to play as Dutch you have to pay. The only thing free are the tapes that you can listen to at least in this update. They said future modes and stuff will be free but It looks like new characters you'll have to pay for.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Yep we found out! Game is average at best! Not even on the same playing field as games mentioned!

Sadly those mentioned games are average gameplay wise. RE3(R) - lol at interactivity and gameplay, DOOM Eternal - lol at blocky environment and chaotic gameplay, CP2077 - we will get lucky if gameplay will be good at least on level of Syndicate (2012), TLoU2 - lol at gameplay (it was never special in a previous installment), GoT - yeah definitely it has novel, fast and dynamic gameplay in comparison (lol). Yeah I found out that they sacrificed gameplay in those games or slowed down speed and used blocky-empty environment. Not to mention linear sections in those games with more dense geometry fooling gamers that it is some special achievement.

There is more freedom in P:HG than in those games.

mcz117chief

He was attacked by a female Predator and almost died from net injuries based on OWLF recordings.
oh, so it is only mentioned in this game. I have no idea how it ties into the canon, if at all. I know there is a comic book about what Dutch did after the movies though.

Can't imagine an arena fps having more freedom than open-world games...sounds ridiculous.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
oh, so it is only mentioned in this game. I have no idea how it ties into the canon, if at all. I know there is a comic book about what Dutch did after the movies though.

The game is the canon. Its plot is presented in game menus, briefs and OWLF recordings. However a comic book you mentioned is about Dutch's twin brother.

Can't imagine an arena fps having more freedom than open-world games...sounds ridiculous.

If you look at this game, it is actually an open-world one. But there is no trickery done here with linear and open sections. That is why a Predator can move so fast and freely.

mcz117chief

The game is the canon. Its plot is presented in game menus, briefs and OWLF recordings. However a comic book you mentioned is about Dutch's twin brother.
Wow, really? That's pretty interesting. Is there like a story mode or something or just text? This got me intrigued. However I read that it considers the abysmal 2018 movie as canon (which crushes my heart). Does that mean there will be that Predator hunting suit in the future?

molasar

Banned
Wow, really? That's pretty interesting. Is there like a story mode or something or just text? This got me intrigued. However I read that it considers the abysmal 2018 movie as canon (which crushes my heart). Does that mean there will be that Predator hunting suit in the future?

Yeah, there is the whole background given to what happened since 1987 and why OWLF (replaced by Stargazer at some point) is back.

Justin9mm

Sadly those mentioned games are average gameplay wise. RE3(R) - lol at interactivity and gameplay, DOOM Eternal - lol at blocky environment and chaotic gameplay, CP2077 - we will get lucky if gameplay will be good at least on level of Syndicate (2012), TLoU2 - lol at gameplay (it was never special in a previous installment), GoT - yeah definitely it has novel, fast and dynamic gameplay in comparison (lol). Yeah I found out that they sacrificed gameplay in those games or slowed down speed and used blocky-empty environment. Not to mention linear sections in those games with more dense geometry fooling gamers that it is some special achievement.

RE3R yeah I get, was a severe let down.. But to say Doom Eternal and the original Last of Us and potentially the same with Last of Us 2 is not as good gameplay is just trolling. No one in their right mind would say that Predator Hunting Grounds is better or more enjoyable than those. Are you listening to yourself? Sales and Review statistics alone argue that point. There is a difference between something being not your cup of tea and something that is straight up bad.

I don't like RPG games, that's not to say the gameplay is not as good as a favourite shooter of mine etc.

And by the way I'm a huge fan of Predator, I come from the 80's era from the original movie so it's not like I don't love Predator. It's one of the greatest movies of all time!

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
RE3R yeah I get, was a severe let down.. But to say Doom Eternal and the original Last of Us and potentially the same with Last of Us 2 is not as good gameplay is just trolling. No one in their right mind would say that Predator Hunting Grounds is better or more enjoyable than those. Are you listening to yourself? Sales and Review statistics alone argue that point. There is a difference between something being not your cup of tea and something that is straight up bad.

I don't like RPG games, that's not to say the gameplay is not as good as a favourite shooter of mine etc.

And by the way I'm a huge fan of Predator, I come from the 80's era from the original movie so it's not like I don't love Predator. It's one of the greatest movies of all time!

I am not trolling.

Not only RE3(R). RE2(R) too. Big time.

What was so special about Doom 2016 in terms of gameplay? Triggering fast finishing animations? It was a novelty but not for long. And what has D. Eternal brought? More jumping and platforming? It never feels good in FPS shooter. Even its shooting aspect was not the best I experienced in FPS games. However the tech (engine) and its scalability was the most interesting.

Regarding TLoU/TLoU2. Again what is so good about their gameplay? Why the first one did not leave any impact on me in this aspect? What was new about it I have not experienced before?

And yes P:HG has better and more interesting gameplay than those games because it is more arcade oriented. The arcade type of gameplay is the best thing about video games. Without it, I would not be interested in playing games anymore.

Sales and Reviews statistics mean nothing to me. Sales very rarely represent quality in anything and reviews are not based on a solid rating criteria system.

No RPG game can match up gameplay with arcade games. It is pretty obvious.

BTW I am a gamer since the early 80s and I know the difference between something which is bad and something I do not like.

Perhaps you are a huge fan of P.'87 but your reasons to play video games are different. I guess, you are more into cinematic ones which sacrifice gameplay aspects.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I am not trolling.

Not only RE3(R). RE2(R) too. Big time.

What was so special about Doom 2016 in terms of gameplay? Triggering fast finishing animations? It was a novelty but not for long. And what has D. Eternal brought? More jumping and platforming? It never feels good in FPS shooter. Even its shooting aspect was not the best I experienced in FPS games. However the tech (engine) and its scalability was the most interesting.

Regarding TLoU/TLoU2. Again what is so good about their gameplay? Why the first one did not leave any impact on me in this aspect? What was new about it I have not experienced before?

And yes P:HG has better and more interesting gameplay than those games because it is more arcade oriented. The arcade type of gameplay is the best thing about video games. Without it, I would not be interested in playing games anymore.

Sales and Reviews statistics mean nothing to me. Sales very rarely represent quality in anything and reviews are not based on a solid rating criteria system.

No RPG game can match up gameplay with arcade games. It is pretty obvious.

BTW I am a gamer since the early 80s and I know the difference between something which is bad and something I do not like.

Perhaps you are a huge fan of P.'87 but your reasons to play video games are different. I guess, you are more into cinematic ones which sacrifice gameplay aspects.
Well I was specifically referring to Doom Eternal and fun fun fucking fun is what they brought to the Gameplay. Predator HG becomes boring and repetitive a lot quicker. So all the reviewers must be wrong then eh? Accredited game journalists and general gamers have no idea what they are playing either. Somehow you only see what everyone else doesn't?

So many people in this thread feeling the same way as me regarding Predator HG. I guess we are all wrong.

molasar

Banned
Well I was specifically referring to Doom Eternal and fun fun fucking fun is what they brought to the Gameplay. Predator HG becomes boring and repetitive a lot quicker. So all the reviewers must be wrong then eh? Accredited game journalists and general gamers have no idea what they are playing either. Somehow you only see what everyone else doesn't?

So many people in this thread feeling the same way as me regarding Predator HG. I guess we are all wrong.

I have started with Doom 2016 because it was made first and D. Eternal expanded upon its formula. Yeah, I get it. If you like jumping and platforming in FPS shooters, then it is for you. And no P:HG is not more boring and repetitive. It is actually a blasphemy from your side or you just play private matches with the same bad players in P:HG.

Again lol at reviewers without a solid system. They have to be like gods for you. Also accredited by who? Me? When?

Of course I see a lot of things that are unnoticed by the majority.

Ah, here it is. Feelings. No cold rational eye. It answers our questions.

Also read all my comments here and see for yourself how others failed to debunk me big time. Some of them even started avoiding me to not discredit themselves completely.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
You're off your meds if you think that's why you started being ignored.

Look who is back here. Do you want to prove me wrong?

You guys just failed big time here and could not bring anything substantial. I can only suggest you to play Super Seducer series. Perhaps you will have a slight chance with ladies out there.

Anyway I know that the truth hurts the most.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Look who is back here. Do you want to prove me wrong?

You guys just failed big time here and could not bring anything substantial. I can only suggest you to play Super Seducer series. Perhaps you will have a slight chance with ladies out there.

Anyway I know that the truth hurts the most.
Help, seek immediately.

This game is pretty average. If you're arguing that it's not pretty average and that its actually insanely deep and amazing, you've got some delusions.

"No no guys, it doesn't have a story mode. See it does this amazing thing where it tells the story through loading screens and audio recordings and menus."

You realize this has been done hundreds of times before and it actually is a lazy way to add story to an otherwise story-less game?

INC

This looks better than unreal 5 and cyberpunk combined

I hear unreal went to the predator devs on how they managed such complex geometry, such industry leaders

And gameplay design, since no other dev could work out how to create basic shooting mechanics and a janky melee system, also have a basic tree climbing animation and basic as fuck vegetation movement, no ones ever see these things before predator

I'm glad we have a gold standard for run and gun gameplay with the predator, we all know what we've been missing for decades now, thanks to this 6/10 game

My gran kids will ask me how gameplay mechanics evolved so quickly, and I'll tell them it's all thanks to predator hunting grounds, it was a game changer

On a side note, if it gets 80's skins for Dutch and crew, I'll buy the sale version that's gonna be £10 in a few months, the game will be dead, but a

molasar

Banned
This game is pretty average. If you're arguing that it's not pretty average and that its actually insanely deep and amazing, you've got some delusions.

"No no guys, it doesn't have a story mode. See it does this amazing thing where it tells the story through loading screens and audio recordings and menus."

You realize this has been done hundreds of times before and it actually is a lazy way to add story to an otherwise story-less game?

Are you sure that you read previous comments in this thread.

If not, let me reiterate that I play games mainly for gameplay. Not for some story which is usually not so special in comparison to well crafted films or books.

And in this game they added stuff you mentioned to give it a background. Not to mention it is a part of the official canon now.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
This looks better than unreal 5 and cyberpunk combined

I hear unreal went to the predator devs on how they managed such complex geometry, such industry leaders

And gameplay design, since no other dev could work out how to create basic shooting mechanics and a janky melee system, also have a basic tree climbing animation and basic as fuck vegetation movement, no ones ever see these things before predator

I'm glad we have a gold standard for run and gun gameplay with the predator, we all know what we've been missing for decades now, thanks to this 6/10 game

My gran kids will ask me how gameplay mechanics evolved so quickly, and I'll tell them it's all thanks to predator hunting grounds, it was a game changer

On a side note, if it gets 80's skins for Dutch and crew, I'll buy the sale version that's gonna be £10 in a few months, the game will be dead, but a

I already asked you to bring screenshots and video clips for me to review your beloved CP2077. Where are they? I can't wait to ask you why I cannot quickly move like a Predator in CP2077 for example. I guess, your excuses will be lame.

And there is no Unreal 5 game and U. Engine 5 is not ready yet. However Super Seducer series still beats everything next gen at this point.

Also you should check how many hours people put in this game. I wonder why? Oh, yeah I know according to you they are delusional like me.

INC

Why do I need to bring anything?anyone can see predator looks exactly like it is, an average looking AA studio game

Everyone accept you

molasar

Banned
Why do I need to bring anything?anyone can see predator looks exactly like it is, an average looking AA studio game

Everyone accept you

You are afraid to do it because you know there is nothing special about it in terms of gameplay (aka AA gameplay).
Cannot wait for its release. I will find you here again and start dissecting it.

molasar

Banned
I mean, entertainment is subjective. Homeboy can have his opinions, regardless of how outlandish they may sound. But y'all keep coming back to hound him, lmao.

Again. Do not worry. I bring pain and suffering to their delusional lives. And there is nothing outlandish about my opinion because no one proved me wrong.

Here is something to add to their nightmares.

Top Bottom