• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predator: Hunting Grounds - Previews.

Hydroxy

I'm wondering if i should use the $10 Epic coupon to buy this game? I like asymmetrical games like Dead by Daylight and World War Z. Had issues with this game during the free weekend like long waiting queue and performance issues. Has that been fixed?

D.Final

Banned
I'm wondering if i should use the $10 Epic coupon to buy this game? I like asymmetrical games like Dead by Daylight and World War Z. Had issues with this game during the free weekend like long waiting queue and performance issues. Has that been fixed?

You can experience it

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
After playing with the new update all i can say is the new anti aliasing is much better than the before and the game looks much cleaner. Also the game feels much better with the controller playing with the fireteam. The sensibility is higher.

Still the game needs nerfs to the berserker and stop fucking the fireteam with nerfs in each update.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
ezgif-3-6d78b7bfd374.gif

VulcanRaven

Patch Notes 1.09:
  • General
    • Increased drop rates of Rare, Exotic, and Mythical items
    • Fixed an issue where the player card would not immediately visually reflect the reward redeemed from challenges
    • Fixed an issue where the perk description would persist on the loadout menu even after selecting “none”
    • Fixed an issue where “No Challenges Active” text would display behind redeemed challenges
  • Fireteam
    • General
      • Added more glyph variations to Self Destruct Defusal minigame
      • Fixed a bug that caused the third gear slot item to be unequipped if you equipped the Field Syrette, Medical Kit, and Ammo Bag all at the same time
      • Fixed an issue where Dutch’s facial hair would remain after being claimed by the Predator
      • Fixed an issue that caused the animation to not work as intended when jumping and ADSing at the same time
      • Fixed an issue where equipping the Ballistic Mask would remove the Fireteam member’s face when restarting the client
      • Fixed a bug that caused the map to not update while spectating
  • Predator
    • General
      • Fixed a bug that allowed the Predator to perform two leap slams consecutively
      • Fixed an issue where animation for stealth kills would not work as intended when the target reloads
      • Fixed a bug that caused the weapon wheel to persist if opened while meleeing
    • Weapons
      • Hand Held Plasma Caster
        • Increased damage
The last patch was very good. It made the game look better on PS4.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Keep going buffing the predator illfonic(y)

Good work.
Losing the double slam is a pretty big nerf. The pistol needed a buff since it was so useless before.

I imagine the self-destruct will mostly be an issue on ps4 and less so on PC.

As for predator changes go I really just want to see the slam stop hitting people in buildings and for the berserker to have a lower item capacity. I get the thinking but having the heavy melee character with the largest health pool also having the most access to traps and tracking tools is just backwards.

MiguelItUp

Man, yesterday I unlocked like 100 lockers, lmao. Got 2 reds, and 5 pinks, everything else was dupes. I really wish I would've waited. :(

VulcanRaven

The game is put on sale on PSN and Epic stores (claim a coupon to reduce its price even more).
Also the Digital Deluxe Edition is $44.99. That is a good deal. Has anyone read the digital comic that comes with it? Is it good?

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Also the Digital Deluxe Edition is $44.99. That is a good deal.

$34.99 on EGS with a coupon which can be claimed for free and you will get the same coupon after a purchase.

Has anyone read the digital comic that comes with it? Is it good?

It is ok. You can get it separately in a digital or paper form too.
Also they released its second installment and the third one was stopped at the second issue until further notice because the lockdown.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

As cool as the Alpha Predator is, I don't know how I feel about paying $30 for a figure I don't really care about just for a code to have it in-game. :messenger_frowning_

MiguelItUp

It is just a free bonus for figurine collectors. Sooner or later, it will be available like The Dutch DLC.
Are you sure? I ask because from what I read and gathered it sounded like buying the figure was the only way it could be obtained. Unless I missed some fine print!

molasar

Banned
Are you sure? I ask because from what I read and gathered it sounded like buying the figure was the only way it could be obtained. Unless I missed some fine print!

It would not make any sense to do all effort in creation a new Predator in the game for those figurine buyers in US only who have PS4 with the game. Not to mention it is a limited run.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While there's no price for the Alpha Predator just yet, expect it to run for somewhere close to the $6.99 price point that's currently attached to Dutch. However, there is an alternative method to pick this guy up. Toy collectors can grab the initial run of Alpha Predator action figures and find a DLC code inside those boxes. No word on when the Alpha Predator action figure will hit shelves. The Alpha Predator will come to Predator: Hunting Grounds this summer on PS4.

MiguelItUp

While there's no price for the Alpha Predator just yet, expect it to run for somewhere close to the $6.99 price point that's currently attached to Dutch. However, there is an alternative method to pick this guy up. Toy collectors can grab the initial run of Alpha Predator action figures and find a DLC code inside those boxes. No word on when the Alpha Predator action figure will hit shelves. The Alpha Predator will come to Predator: Hunting Grounds this summer on PS4.
Ah, the only dump I saw was from NECA themselves and it didn't really go into those details. Thanks IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo !

molasar

Banned
49996764556_6d533a9d78_k.jpg

49996245308_064fe2af97_k.jpg

Last edited:

Hydroxy

I don't know how to play as Predator so i just stick with playing as Fireteam. Also long wait time for Predator doesn't help either.

molasar

Banned
I don't know how to play as Predator so i just stick with playing as Fireteam. Also long wait time for Predator doesn't help either.

Waiting time is not fault of the game itself. There is too many players that want to play as Predator.

Just make friends and play with them private matches.

MiguelItUp

This was unexpected though I was hoping for it with the recent maintenance. That Samurai Predator sounds pretty cool too, but man, I was REALLY hoping for a new map. I hope that's what's coming in July. Or better yet, a free update before then.

molasar

Banned
Last edited:

molasar

Banned

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I was doing my grind this morning working towards 150 and was wondering when this was gonna drop. Perfect! :D

Also, side note and not related but also kinda related to fans. What is the deal with the Cold Iron Studios Aliens game? Have there been any other details? I'm really hoping we hear about it this year. I feel like it's been ODDLY silent, and it's weird when one of the higher ups boasts about playing it on his Twitter, but we don't even really know what IT is, lmao.

molasar

Banned

• Unlockable Predator Katana - Now for all players (Level 75)
  • Unlockable Alpha Predator (Level 100)

The City Hunter will come with his classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher on July 28.

50120538661_7e1e9a429a_k.jpg

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Stoooooked. Though I think it's funny that we're getting City Hunter when, well, there's no city to hunt in, lmao.

At least they officially addressed they're coming.

VulcanRaven

I'm excited about the City Hunter DLC. I will definitely buy that. I haven't played the game in a while because of The Last of Us 2.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
egs-cityhunterpredatorpack-illfonicllc-addon-g1a-00-1920x1080-586603776.jpg

"City Hunter Predator Pack
From the concrete jungle of Los Angeles, emerge from the shadows as the City Hunter – the new premium Predator class from the iconic 1990 film.
This DLC pack includes the City Hunter Predator class and 16 armor tints, as well as early access* to the Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher weapons and 9 weapon tints so you can hunt the Fireteam in fearsome style.
*Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher unlockable to all via gameplay by September 2020."

Last edited:

molasar

Banned

Top Bottom