• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators... with Adrien Brody

Status
Not open for further replies.
PredatorsSneak2.jpg

PredatorsSneak3.jpg

PredatorsSneak4.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Scullibundo said:

He looks EXACTLY like Bear Grylls. Fake predators confirmed. That Predator behind him is using a ladder to get into the trees! Les Stroud, first victim plz.

343oec0.jpg

skyfinch

OuterWorldVoice said:
He looks EXACTLY like Bear Grylls. Fake predators confirmed. That Predator behind him is using a ladder to get into the trees! Les Stroud, first victim plz.

343oec0.jpg

Christ. Maybe the predators will kill an elephant and only eat part of the trunk then throw the rest away.

Raydeen

skyfinch said:
I know these 2 guys attempt at taking down the Predator was pathetic, but I don't care. Give them another chance.

180px-Carl_Weathers.jpg

predator.jpg

Indeed, they weren't really killed - just poisened darted amd shipped off to Pred land.

"What's a matter Adrian, SAG been making you push too many pencils?"

Scullibundo said:

Those are pretty cool. I like the simplistic look of them. They had way too much shit in the AVP movies and Predators are supposed to be athletic, move really fast through any situations.

Also, Brody looks pretty bad-ass, didn't expect that from him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I want this to be good... but is this the same one where I read a script review that contained predator dogs and cats?

Combine

Banned
Yeah, the Preds look athletic and ripped without looking like steroid users. Although, I think the AvP pred look was mainly an issue with the armor they were wearing which was incredibly bulky.

Will keep an eye out on this one. The first trailer should hopefully be a good sign of things.

Zeliard

msdstc said:
I want this to be good... but is this the same one where I read a script review that contained predator dogs and cats?

Lots of things in scripts sound very stupid on paper. It's all about the execution.

PredatorsSneak2.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhh....

Maybe I'm reading too much into the pose and body-shape, but is that middle one a female predator? The boots even look a bit like heels.

The only thing that I think could be silly about the movie is the gross multiplication of enemy. Its okay in Aliens, because in Alien it wasn't a team of marines facing off against one Xenomorph. In this case, one Predator pretty much decimated an entire special ops team of the toughest motherfuckers around in the first one, so they're either going to seriously nerf the Predators or make these guys pull some unbelievable shit.

Scullibundo said:
This is an example of somebody who obviously never watched PREDATOR.

Pfft, i just watched it on AMC the other day in fact. I don't care about the human protagonists. I just want to see Predators maiming and killing.

Stinkles

jim-jam bongs said:
PredatorsSneak2.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhh....

Maybe I'm reading too much into the pose and body-shape, but is that middle one a female predator? The boots even look a bit like heels.

You're right.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Pfft, i just watched it on AMC the other day in fact. I don't care about the human protagonists. I just want to see Predators maiming and killing.

BUT YOU LIKED TRANSFORMERS.

This movie is bullshit, the casting is bullshit, and the script is bullshit.

If any of you spend money to see this, you're an enabler.

Stinkles

Sho_Nuff82 said:
BUT YOU LIKED TRANSFORMERS.

This movie is bullshit, the casting is bullshit, and the script is bullshit.

If any of you spend money to see this, you're an enabler.

Predator is no Citizen Kane on paper either. And yet it is the Citizen Kane of manliness on screen.

Sipowicz

Banned
i dont understand what the fuck half of you are on about

the easy route with this would have been casting a bunch of wrestlers in. instead they put in a bunch of pretyy manly dudes who could pass for genuine soldiers

the predators look great too. kind of like intergalactic masai warriors. this film is going to fucking rock

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Sipowicz said:
i dont understand what the fuck half of you are on about

the easy route with this would have been casting a bunch of wrestlers in. instead they put in a bunch of pretyy manly dudes who could pass for genuine soldiers

the predators look great too. kind of like intergalactic masai warriors. this film is going to fucking rock
Yeah I don't know why everyone always wants shitty actors who look more like Mr. Universe contestants than real-life soldiers in their action movies. 'Aliens' had guys like these and it's probably the best sci-fi action movie of all time.

Brody's great. I'm interested.

demon said:
Yeah I don't know why everyone always wants shitty actors who look more like Mr. Universe contestants than real-life soldiers in their action movies. 'Aliens' had guys like these and it's probably the best sci-fi action movie of all time.

Brody's great. I'm interested.

I'd rather have Hicks and Hudson in this movie than that pretty boy up above. Fuck, even the latino girl and Ripley in Aliens were manlier than this weenie.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Lionheart1827 said:
I'd rather have Hicks and Hudson in this movie than that pretty boy up above. Fuck, even the latino girl in Aliens was manlier than this weenie.
I'm sure he'll be bulking up. Some of you sure are aching to see some big bulging muscular dudes with their shirts off...

G-Fex

Lionheart1827 said:
I'd rather have Hicks and Hudson in this movie than that pretty boy up above. Fuck, even the latino girl and Ripley in Aliens was manlier than this weenie.

Very True.

Adrien Brody :lol

while we're at it let's get Jude Law.:lol

The Predators look poor, they have continued in the bobble head tradition started in the second film.

The by far looked the best in the original film. The more appropriate sized skull and Kevin Hall's sheer size under the costume made a truly scary and powerful looking creature.

It must be too hard to find actors that tall these days.

jett

D-Member
This movie has no chance at approximating the badassness and manliness of the original.

no movie does, to be fair. :p

By the pictures on this page, I like where this is going. I'm hoping that the firefights and encounters in this will be able to create a feeling similar to that of District 9's. Just in the jungle this time. Brody's looking like a simple man, totally not expecting encounters with these creatures. I hope that will create a believable tension between the creatures and the rest of them and make this movie damn enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom