• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict Ratchet & Clank's Metacritic score.

Ratchet's Metacritic score will be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxbison

Medium / high 80's

Probably a super solid game like all the R&C, but not nothing really special to push it over 90.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
High 80s normally(because other Ratchet games have scored around there) but potentially a 90s bump due to a starving next gen library.

reksveks

86 and going to add my Jeff Grubb Prediction.

He will give it a 4/5 and then people are going to complain when Metacritic turns it into 8/10.

Blond

Banned
It's gonna hit at least 90 for sure. Looks AWESOME.
Hmm you think so? Honestly if it reaches the highs of Crack in Time and Deadlocked (I SAID WHAT I SAID) I can see it reaching above 90 but I’m more in the 85-89 camp myself.

xrnzaaas

Hmm you think so? Honestly if it reaches the highs of Crack in Time and Deadlocked (I SAID WHAT I SAID) I can see it reaching above 90 but I’m more in the 85-89 camp myself.
The game looks amazing so unless some reviewers will have a problem with things like length of the story mode I don't see it not getting top and near top scores. But we'll see.

Last edited:
This game wouldn't and shouldn't get anything below 90 - if the publisher were Nintendo.

Though I know gaming journalism very well, the bias is real and at least 50% of the weighting for a score in our industry seems to be based on the IP and the publisher rather than the quality of the actual game at hand.

I expect 80-84. "Not enough variety in gameplay." or "too much variety in gameplay."

Last edited:

NahaNago

91, i was thinking something in the 80's but idk its like those launch titles for console the exclusive ones like demon's souls and breath of the wild. Those titles tend to score a bit higher to make more console sales. Its not a launch title but it was marketed strongly to sell the next gen console experience for PS5. I predict high score.
That is exactly the score I was guessing. I figure it will be a good game so a high 80s or barely 90s ,polished but nothing truly groundbreaking.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Personally would be in the 50s cool for the tech but like astro bot demo thing not for me.

still voted 80s cause lots of adults like kid stuff now a days.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I picked 90-94 but I think it'll be more like 85-94.

All depends really on how jaded each reviewer is. I feel like many of them forget how to just simply enjoy a game for what it is. Most reviews seem to be bitching about things they want in the game rather than what is in the actual game. Doesn't mean that games can fail on their own merits but it's like ZombiU, the game had issues but it was an amazing survival horror game, most reviews complained because it didn't play like a shooter. Well no shit....

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
All depends really on how jaded each reviewer is. I feel like many of them forget how to just simply enjoy a game for what it is. Most reviews seem to be bitching about things they want in the game rather than what is in the actual game. Doesn't mean that games can fail on their own merits but it's like ZombiU, the game had issues but it was an amazing survival horror game, most reviews complained because it didn't play like a shooter. Well no shit....
I've noticed things like this has tarnished reviews of some cult classics. I think one of the big reasons for that back then was how reviewing companies did assignments. It was a musical chairs thing back then and sometimes you'd end up with a sports guy or complete newbie journalist reviewing a game like Godhand or No More Heroes, or the shooter guy reviewing a Mario game.

Allegedly it was to provide more non-biased reviews but it ended up having the opposite effect to where the scores felt random and had terrible reasons behind them. Turns out it's better to have someone who knows the genre in and out to review that same genre, because they would know it's flaws. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom