• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predictions/Wishlist for the PS5 game showcase

Jubenhimer

So we're about a few days away from getting our first look at PlayStation 5 software in development. I thought it'd be fun to express predictions and wishes for what we could see on June 4th. Here's what I think we'll see.

First Party:
* Horizon II Kicks-Off the show - Takes advantage of Ray Tracing, and SSD speeds, allowing for a more complex world and seamless fast travel. Gameplay demonstrates how it uses DualSense. Pulling back on the bow is conveyed with the adaptive triggers, HD haptics convey various textures in the world, and Gyro aiming is finally confirmed. Horizon II launches along side PS5.

* New London Studio game - Built as a key demonstration of DualSense. Showcases Motion used in conjunction with Haptics, as well as the Improved Touchpad, and Voice Commands using the built-in Mic. Also a launch title.

* PixelOpus shows off new IP - Action/Adventure title with a Unique hook

* Insomniac announces a new Ratchet & Clank - Disregards the PS4 reboot, takes place after the Future Saga, slightly darker

* Bluepoint announces Demon's Souls remake - Updated with enhanced visuals, 4K output, DualSense features, coming 20

* Gran Turismo 7 announced - First new mainline game in 5 years, shows off Ray Tracing and DualSense features.

* New Multiplayer game announced - Hero Action/Shooter that leverages SSD capabilities, available 2020

* Japan Studio reveals 2 games - One, a new Ape Escape title, showing a new art style, bright colors, DualSense controls, and how SSD can enhance the action. The other a new IP, fresh from the Gravity Rush team, a game that showcases the potential of both Ray Tracing and SSD speed.

* Spider-Man 2 Teaser - Green Goblin is the Villain, no gameplay, just narration over NY.

Third Party:
* Capcom announces Monster Hunter World II - World is Massive this time, new weapons shown Monsters are bigger than ever

* Ubisoft shows off Assasin's Creed Vallhalla - Shows off features exclusive to next gen, locations, and new gameplay elements

* Tekken 8 unveiled - New Characters, Next-Gen graphics, Special Guest character. Console exclusive to PS5

* Tales of Arise New Trailer - Story overview with voices, new battle system showcased

* Square Enix showcases 2 games - Brand new Bushido Blade, and teaser for Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, exclusive to PS5

* Activision shows the next Call of Duty - Explains new features for Next gen, new setting, 2020

* Bethesda talks about Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI - First look at gameplay of Starfield shown, and what new things Next gen can bring to these games.

* Sega shows off Yakuza: Like a Dragon, alongside a brand new Sonic game - The Sonic game is a spiritual successor to Sonic Adventure, SSD allows for a new kind of speed.

* Activision also announces a brand new Crash Bandicoot - First new main game in over 10 years, timed exclusive for PS4 and PS5

* Bandai Namco announces New IP - Exclusively for PS5

* Shuhei Yoshida shows off indie titles coming to the system - Various Indies are shown.

I think this can all make for a pretty solid showing by Sony.

Last edited:
I like your list, though it seems a little excessive. We're getting around 60 mins, right? Divided by the games on your list, that'd be around 3 mins for each title.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Half (if not more) of the TC's post is literally not going to happen.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Great list, but I would love to see something from from software. Also, how about a teaser for God of War 2 2 (you know what I mean)

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions -

June 1st or June 2nd -
> PlayStation 5 Console Reveal (short trailer to build hype and show it off. If not, then June 4th because it's about to go into full production and they need to show it before it leaks)

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (Guerrilla Games primary team)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay walkthrough trailer, no release date, my prediction is February 2022
> Ends the showcase

Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint Games)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, launch title

Killzone 5, Socom 5 or new FPS IP (Guerrilla Games secondary team)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, could be an online MP only title like Rainbow Six Siege, launch title

Ratchet & Clank 2 (Insomniac Games secondary team)

Silent Hill (Japan Studio)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, no release date, my prediction is Fall 2022
> Starts the showcase

Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, Fall 2021

Unannounced New IP (Housemarque)

Godfall (Gearbox)
> Story trailer, long gameplay trailer, launch title

Street Fighter 6 (Capcom)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, 2021

Call of Duty 2020 (Activision/multi-platform)

Resident Evil 8 (Capcom/multi-platform)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, early 2021

SUPERGGK

I am really excited to see Horizon 2, God of war 2, Spiderman 2, gt 7, silent hill remake and demon souls remake. My God if all these games are ps5 exclusives and will release within the first year of its launch, it will be a hell of a year for gaming.

Perrott

Gold Member
Let's start with the first-party titles:
  • Demon's Souls Remake by Bluepoint Games
  • Gran Turismo 7 by Polyphony Digital
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2 by Guerrilla Games
  • New AAA TPS Multiplayer IP by Arrowhead Game Studios
  • New AAA Action IP by Housemarque
  • New AAA IP by Japan Studio
  • New Ratchet & Clank by Insomniac Games
  • Silent Hill by Japan Studio
While on the third-party side of things I expect to see:
  • Beyond: Good & Evil 2 by Ubisoft
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War by Activision
  • Final Fantasy XVI by Square Enix
  • Godfall by Gearbox Publishing
  • New Crash Bandicoot by Activision
  • New IP by Wushu Studios
  • Project Awakening by CyGames
  • Project Re Fantasy by Atlus
  • Resident Evil 8: Village by Capcom

Last edited:

Aidah

Generally, what I'd love to see is at least a couple of things that are unmistakably next gen. Something that really feels not possible on current gen. I expect these to come from Playstation Studios.

And also generally, I want non-western games to make up a good amount of the total content.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

Generally, what I'd love to see is at least a couple of things that are unmistakably next gen. Something that really feels not possible on current gen. I expect these to come from Playstation Studios.

This. I don't give a shit about "Graphix" or anything because I know those are going to look good, and I've never been much of a Graphics person anyway. What I want to see is what kinds of new gameplay concepts are possible thanks to the speed of SSDs.

Wishlist:
Metal Gear Solid remake
Xenogears remake
Virtua Fighter 6
Game by genDesign
Ico remake
Shadow of the Colossus and Last Guardian PS5 patch
Grand Theft Auto 6

These are just my own personal wishes. I doubt any of these will be at the show.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Demon Souls remake
Wild
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Spider-man 2
Project Awakening
Sony Japan's new IP
Resident Evil 8
Quantum Error
Housemarque new IP
Until Dawn 2 or Supermassive's new IP
Ratchet and Clank
Final Fantasy 11

Last edited:
Horizon zero dawn 2 makes the ps5 a day one purchase for me. Though. I think I might be there already without even knowing about any games.

I really hope there is more than one game that truly appeals to me at launch or at least close to. It’s going to be a good year for games already as it is.

Not sure if I will go day one without any game’s I wanna play though. But. Also don’t wanna miss our on stock...

Other things that may appeal to me are GT7, and the Japan studios Space Game but I’ve never found the team ICO games to have usable controls and never enjoyed them much...

Not sure I care about silent Hill. Never played the originals and the new REmakes give me motion sickness.

Maybe re-playing NG+ TLOU2, Cyberpunk, GoT, Horizon, Spider-Man and maybe GoW with zero loading and potentially faster top swing speed in Spidedman. But I’m not much of a second time through kind of person anymore.

Birdo

Banned
Jim Ryan takes the stage and clears his throat.....

"Two years ago we made a huge mistake. We closed down one of the most talented first-party studios, Evolution. As an apology, we have reformed them and present to you; DriveClub 2. An open-world arcade racing game"

The crowd cheers so hard that it cures the world of COVID-19 and ends racism.

PaintTinJr

I'm expecting them to have a really great line-up of high-end AAA single player titles, and the usual PES/Fifa/CoD/Battlefield shooters, but my main want from the launch is local multiplayer games that last the generation (and last a lifetime with their retro tunes) - and make it easy to showcase the console to friends beyond graphics.

The cube launching with Super Monkeyball and Smash Brothers was the easiest sales pitch to friends with great local 4player - I played on a friend's imported cube and ordered one that evening, myself - and my other friends followed suit in the same way when the UK launch happened. So remakes of PS2 games like Super Bomberman Kart (not GP) with great local multiplayer (and timeless game tunes) is what I want to see in the lineup.

Virtua Fighter 6 and a proper Everybody's golf (PS3/Vita style)in the line-up would be a massive plus IMO. In the niche single player games a new 3D dot game heroes would be perfect for me.

Shin

Banned
I think this can all make for a pretty great showing by Sony.
FTFY
More than solid, it would make for a great show.
What strikes me as weird is that E3 2017/2018 were amazing to watch but after that it's been pretty dead in regards to game announcements/trailers.
Even now there still isn't a packed show (content-wise, not talking about attendance) and a lot feels reserved, at least that's the impression I got.

OrionNebula

So we're about a few days away from getting our first look at PlayStation 5 software in development. I thought it'd be fun to express predictions and wishes for what we could see on June 4th. Here's what I think we'll see.

First Party:
* Horizon II Kicks-Off the show - Takes advantage of Ray Tracing, and SSD speeds, allowing for a more complex world and seamless fast travel. Gameplay demonstrates how it uses DualSense. Pulling back on the bow is conveyed with the adaptive triggers, HD haptics convey various textures in the world, and Gyro aiming is finally confirmed. Horizon II launches along side PS5.

* New London Studio game - Built as a key demonstration of DualSense. Showcases Motion used in conjunction with Haptics, as well as the Improved Touchpad, and Voice Commands using the built-in Mic. Also a launch title.

* PixelOpus shows off new IP - Action/Adventure title with a Unique hook

* Insomniac announces a new Ratchet & Clank - Disregards the PS4 reboot, takes place after the Future Saga, slightly darker

* Bluepoint announces Demon's Souls remake - Updated with enhanced visuals, 4K output, DualSense features, coming 20

* Gran Turismo 7 announced - First new mainline game in 5 years, shows off Ray Tracing and DualSense features.

* New Multiplayer game announced - Hero Action/Shooter that leverages SSD capabilities, available 2020

* Japan Studio reveals 2 games - One, a new Ape Escape title, showing a new art style, bright colors, DualSense controls, and how SSD can enhance the action. The other a new IP, fresh from the Gravity Rush team, a game that showcases the potential of both Ray Tracing and SSD speed.

* Spider-Man 2 Teaser - Green Goblin is the Villain, no gameplay, just narration over NY.

Third Party:
* Capcom announces Monster Hunter World II - World is Massive this time, new weapons shown Monsters are bigger than ever

* Ubisoft shows off Assasin's Creed Vallhalla - Shows off features exclusive to next gen, locations, and new gameplay elements

* Tekken 8 unveiled - New Characters, Next-Gen graphics, Special Guest character. Console exclusive to PS5

* Tales of Arise New Trailer - Story overview with voices, new battle system showcased

* Square Enix showcases 2 games - Brand new Bushido Blade, and teaser for Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, exclusive to PS5

* Activision shows the next Call of Duty - Explains new features for Next gen, new setting, 2020

* Bethesda talks about Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI - First look at gameplay of Starfield shown, and what new things Next gen can bring to these games.

* Sega shows off Yakuza: Like a Dragon, alongside a brand new Sonic game - The Sonic game is a spiritual successor to Sonic Adventure, SSD allows for a new kind of speed.

* Activision also announces a brand new Crash Bandicoot - First new main game in over 10 years, timed exclusive for PS4 and PS5

* Bandai Namco announces New IP - Exclusively for PS5

* Shuhei Yoshida shows off indie titles coming to the system - Various Indies are shown.

I think this can all make for a pretty solid showing by Sony.

All this and a bag of chips for a show that’s little over an hour long? It’s definitely more a wishlist I’d say

On my end, June 4th (or this summer), I go for :

• Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel (trailer, but hoping for some gameplay)

• Bluepoint new game/games (Legacy of Kain?)

• Gran Turismo PS5

• Resident Evil 8 (fucking ‘’village’’)

• Final Fantasy XVI teaser (or tech demo, like Agni on PS4 back in the day)

• Call of Duty 2K20

• Godfall gameplay

• Silent Hill Reboot reveal (maybe more Summer Fest/Aug/Sept, depending of RE8 I think)

• Japan Studio new game (sci-fi?). Last game (Gravity Rush 2) is from 2017

• San Mateo Studio game reveal (Socom or Resistance - they need a shooter to counter Halo Infinite, so it’s either that or a surprise Killzone by team B at Guerilla, I think)

• New Studio Intro (Uncharted?) (perhaps waiting for Summer Fest/Aug/Sept, but June 4th would be a great time to reveal it)

• Ueda’s new game (The Last Guardian was in 2016, after all) (might be summer fest or later down the line)

• Spiderman 2 OR God of War 2 teaser

• Surprise console look - no real details and certainly no fucking price

• If they are smart they’d clarify the fucking backwards compatibility thing for the people - get your fucking message across clearly, Sony!

• I’d love to see the Warner Bros Harry Potter RPG, but that’ll be more a Summer Fest thing I think

• Same with Batman

• VR2.0 talks/details most likely at a later date

• Might see some moneyhatting shit and also some marketing rights things

Success rate of my predictions : I’d say about 20% 😆 (the really obvious stuff)

Launch Day Game Predictions:

Gran Turismo 7
Sony Japan new IP
New Ratchet and Clank
New Uncharted (Sony San Diego)
Until Dawn 2

Launch Window Game Predictions

Demon's Souls remake (Bluepoint)
Horizon: Zero Dawn sequal.
(Don't think this next one will happen, but wanted to put at least one crazy one on here)
New Wipeout made by Housemarque

Other Predictions:
Teaser trailer for the next God of War

Top Bottom