• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorder Destiny on 360 or XBO get a $10 digital Xbox giftcard

Syrus

Banned
amazon = no sales tax + pre order bonus- so 59.96 = 59.96

at MS store it ends up 65.17 or something

Syrus

Banned
I would be more worried about Oklahoma changing the law to force online orders to have state sales tax. They tried and are still trying to do that here in Colorado.

Yes that pops up every year, so far so good :D Newegg and Amazon are my bread and butter for ALL gift/game shopping.

I spent 1000$ this Christmas and never walked into a store :D

Bsigg12

Yes that pops up every year, so far so good :D Newegg and Amazon are my bread and butter for ALL gift/game shopping.

I spent 1000$ this Christmas and never walked into a store :D

Like a true American! I did the same as well. I feel bad for the folks paying sales tax on Amazon and such because getting something at the listed price is pretty great.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The preorders must be pretty low.

quizzical.gif

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Not preordering until I see footage of the X1 version. Wasn't IGN going to release something today?

Wish Amazon didnt charge sales tax in CA. My purchases thru them dropped because of that.

Sounds like a good deal though for the MS store.

Like a true American! I did the same as well. I feel bad for the folks paying sales tax on Amazon and such because getting something at the listed price is pretty great.

you're so lucky. I wish we didn't have to pay that shit in NY. everything in NY is taxed, so frustrating >_>

Bsigg12

you're so lucky. I wish we didn't have to pay that shit in NY. everything in NY is taxed, so frustrating >_>

It's kinda funny the way all it works and then the way some people who don't live in the States look at our prices. We don't have VAT or tax built into the price and so when some people look at conversions they will kinda jump the gun a little because they forget about adding tax. The states that don't pay taxes on online sales because of the no physical store clause luck out right now but it won't last much longer as states want their tax money.

Like Amazon, does this not charge your card until it is shipped?

That is correct.

H3xum

Bleh got so excited thinking it would work with a digital pre-order.

They need to start doing that already.

Top Bottom