• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorder Mario Kart 8 at Best Buy, get gas

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
A $10 Gas Cash Card.

Usable at any gas station in the United States that accepts MasterCard.

ZPzLaTb.png

Its a $10 prepaid mastercard. Don't think its limited to gas only, unless it says only redeemable for gas.

Regardless of that, this is a very funny preorder bonus.

Yep.

Gas Cash Virtual Card Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When is the deadline to redeem my code?
A: You must redeem your code for your virtual prepaid card by June 30, 2014.

Q: Does my virtual prepaid card expire?
A: Yes. The expiration date is printed on the virtual prepaid card.
IMPORTANT: You will lose any balance that remains on the virtual prepaid card after the expiration date.

Q: How do I receive my virtual prepaid card?
A: After you complete the redemption process you will be provided with a PDF of your virtual prepaid card to print out or save to your computer for later use.

You will also receive a confirmation email that contains a link to your virtual prepaid card that will give you live access to it for 7 days. It is important that you print and/or save your virtual prepaid card to your computer, because after 7 days you will not have live access to the link provided in your confirmation email.

Important: if you do not receive this email, be sure to check your spam / junk mail folder. For reference, the sender of this email is tpgcustomer@tpgny.com.

Q: Where can I use my virtual prepaid card?
A: Your virtual prepaid card may be used at any retailer that accepts MASTERCARD.

Q: How do I use my virtual prepaid card at a gas station?
A:
1) Visit any gas station that accepts MASTERCARD.
2) You must walk in to see an attendant and inform them that you would like to fill up using this virtual card, to be processed as a MASTERCARD.
3) You may spend UP TO the amount loaded onto your virtual prepaid card including tax, etc. You may spend this all at once or at separate times until the balance is depleted. Your purchase(s) may NOT exceed the balance of your virtual prepaid card, or your transaction(s) will be denied.
4) When you are asked for your MASTERCARD account number, enter the 16-digit number printed on your virtual prepaid card.
5) When you are asked for the expiration date, enter August 2014 (08/14).
6) When / if you are asked for the security code, enter the 3-digit security code printed on your virtual prepaid card.
7) If you are asked for the name as it appears on your MASTERCARD card, enter your own name.
8) If you are asked for the billing address for your MASTERCARD card, enter 111 John Street NY, NY 10038.

Q: How do I use my virtual prepaid card at any retailer?
A:
1) Visit any retailer that accepts MASTERCARD.
2) Once you’ve picked out your item(s) and are ready to check out, choose MASTERCARD as the method of payment.
3) You may spend UP TO the amount loaded onto your virtual prepaid card including tax, etc. You may spend this all at once or at separate times until the balance is depleted. Your purchase(s) may NOT exceed the balance of your virtual prepaid card, or your transaction(s) will be denied.
4) When you are asked for your MASTERCARD account number, enter the 16-digit number printed on your virtual prepaid card.
5) When you are asked for the expiration date, enter August 2014 (08/14).
6) When / if you are asked for the security code, enter the 3-digit security code printed on your virtual prepaid card.
7) If you are asked for the name as it appears on your MASTERCARD card, enter your own name.
8) If you are asked for the billing address for your MASTERCARD card, enter 111 John Street NY, NY 10038.

Q: What if my total order, including tax and shipping, is more than the value that is loaded onto my virtual prepaid card?
A: If the total purchase amount exceeds what is loaded onto the virtual prepaid card, your transaction will be denied. You will need to pay the balance first via another form of payment. The card can then be processed for the value of the card.

Q: What if my total order, including tax and shipping, is less than the value that is loaded onto my virtual prepaid card?
A: You may use what remains on the virtual prepaid card for future purchases. To check the balance that remains on your virtual prepaid card, please visit http://www.tpgactivations.com

Q: What if I still have a balance on my virtual prepaid card when it expires?
A: If there is still a balance when the virtual prepaid card expires, the balance is forfeited.

Q: How can I view my transaction history for my virtual prepaid card?
A: To view the purchase transaction history of your virtual prepaid card, please visit http://www.tpgactivations.com

Q: How can I contact Customer Service?
A: Please click here to contact Customer Service.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haha, what the hell?

Not...bad I guess. Though $10 isn't going to amount to much, it's hard to complain.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
"What's this? American money? We don't accept that here."

My interpretation based on my travels to Europe is how ridiculously expensive gas is in Europe. At least, it seemed expensive to me.

And that's not even mentioning the stupid amount of toll roads they have, at least in Spain and France.

Converse

Banned
So, basically, buy this game you were already going to buy and get $10 back? Can't complain about that.

I will use my $10 to buy beer, which I will drink while I play Mario Kart.

Mory Dunz

So, basically, buy this game you were already going to buy and get $10 back? Can't complain about that.

I will use my $10 to buy beer, which I will drink while I play Mario Kart.

- Drinking and Driving! -
Not only do video games cause an exponential growth in aggression and violence, but they have now also been shown to lead bad to decision making.

More at 8.

Converse

Banned
- Drinking and Driving! -
Not only do video games cause an exponential growth in aggression and violence, but they have now also been shown to lead bad to decision making.

More at 8.

Nah, it's cool. My friends and I play a drinking game called "Don't Drink and Drive" when we play Mario Kart. So, we're obviously pro-good decisions.

Lexxon

This is goofy, but at least someone in the US is doing something.

Just pre-ordered for about $4 after GCU discount, and a $30 and $15 reward zone certs I've been saving. Can't go wrong with that.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
EDIT: Disregard the following. i was wrong. bestbuy showed me this when I was checking out and said I was purchasing digital content. In fact, the digital content in question is the CODE that you redeem in order to get the mastercard with the $10. It's not actually being purchased so bestbuy is technically lying because its easier to pretend it's a $0.00 purchase than to implement a different mechanism for giveaways. The Sony store does the same thing with PSplus games, just sets the price to $0 and treats it like a purchase.

http://imgur.com/4coSyaQ,subs3uG#2

BEWARE!!! This is for a digital download, not a physical media game!

This means you're stuck with Nintendo's horrible account policy of tying games to consoles, can't resell it or lend it to friends, can't take it with you to someone's house, can't caress it or sleep with it under your pillow, can't use it as a frisbee or a coaster when you get angry with it and can't attempt to have sex with it.

In other words, screw that! OP should update thread title to reflect this is for a DOWNLOAD CODE!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

This means you're stuck with Nintendo's horrible account policy of tying games to consoles, can't resell it or lend it to friends, can't take it with you to someone's house, can't caress it or sleep with it under your pillow, can't use it as a frisbee or a coaster when you get angry with it and can't attempt to have sex with it.

In other words, screw that! OP should update thread title to reflect this is for a DOWNLOAD CODE!

Wait, really? If so, I'm out. I'll buy my own damn gas on my way to pick up the physical copy.

Exile20

Oh shit. Even better. Don't forget the DPP also. Nice job Nintendo and best buy.

Alrus

Are you sure? It says physical game orders only on the promo sheet.

Marcel

Promo says it's for the physical SKU only. BEWARE!!! This guy has a problem reading.

DedValve

Banned
Best Buy it is. Will pre-order when I can.

This is only for picking up retail and not shipping? (Then again will they even ship to your house on release day?)

WEGGLES

No it's not!

Free $10 in Gas Cash
with your Mario Kart 8 pre-order and purchase.

While supplies last. Offer available for physical game (SKU 8400089) only.

Kriken

Free $10 in Gas Cash
with your Mario Kart 8 pre-order and purchase.

While supplies last. Offer available for physical game (SKU 8400089) only. In-store pre-order and purchase: code will be printed out on your store receipt at time of game pickup. Online pre-order and purchase: code will be e-mailed within 24 hours of street date. Enter this code at www.revupyourkart.com/redeem to get your Gas Cash, which can be redeemed at any gas station in the United States that accepts MasterCard.

I think you misread, the offer is for the physical game and the code is for the gas card

Question: How quick are best buy about sending games out?

If you order within a few days of release they might get it to you a day or two late. However the last two times I bought a game from them I paid in full about a weak in advance and ended up getting both games a day early.

Jamix012

If you order within a few days of release they might get it to you a day or two late. However the last two times I bought a game from them I paid in full about a weak in advance and ended up getting both games a day early.

Ok, thanks! This makes this all the more tempting.

Top Bottom