• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prepare yourselves, Steam Summer Sale is coming (19 June to 30 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I'm being more cautious about how I buy my games, I have money set aside and only 6 games that I want.

No over spending or buying things I will never play for me this year

this is a lie. My plan will immediately crumble under the weight of all games being 3 pound. God save us all

And remember kids, wait till it's on the daily deal.

Games Im Hoping will go on sale:
-Guacamelee
-Resident Evil 4
-Broken Age
-Watch Dogs (highly unlikely)
- Dynasty Warriors 8
-Wolfenstein ( Maybe like 25% of or something)

Durante

Why not just start with Dark Souls 1? It will almost certainly be on sale, and for cheaper. By the time you're finished maybe DS2 will be on sale, cheaper again.
While that would work, getting into DS2 now when the online community is still active might be preferable.

Asgaro

I'm being more cautious about how I buy my games, I have money set aside and only 6 games that I want.

No over spending or buying things I will never play for me this year

this is a lie. My plan will immediately crumble under the weight of all games being 3 pound. God save us all

And remember kids, wait till it's on the daily deal.

Games Im Hoping will go on sale:
-Guacamelee
-Resident Evil 4
-Broken Age
-Watch Dogs (highly unlikely)
- Dynasty Warriors 8
-Wolfenstein ( Maybe like 25% of or something)

Regarding your spoiler statement:
I think that's a good thought process though. Buying games only when they drop to a certain threshold of lets say 5 to 10 €.

So even if a game is -75%, but it's still above 10 €: don't buy it.

I've been doing this for quite a while now.

Here a history of my purchases plus the prices.
("Free" means it was bought at a web shop. Sometimes it was truly free, like L4D2 and Mafia 2)

FireShot%20Pro%20Screen%20Capture%20%23002%20-%20%27asgaro%27s%20account%27%20-%20store_steampowered_com_account.png

I definitely want a few games. I'm not really hyped up though and Steam sales don't get me off much anymore. We'll see. It could happen again.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
THE HYPE
Gotta figure out how much I want to set aside. Probably $50 like every sale.

I always give myself a $60 limit because that's the price of a single new game. I usually get about 10-14 games with that $60.

NOTHING OVER $20, THAT'S FOR SUCKERS

This is not going to go well for me. This year more than any I need to not spend money...

I know me too. I should really just get the top 2 games on my list and just say to hell with it. I simply don't need these games lol. And Sony games are costing me 60 or 50 a pop.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Regarding your spoiler statement:
I think that's a good thought process though. Buying games only when they drop to a certain threshold of lets say 5 to 10 €.

Yeah, kidding aside that is pretty much my rule. only really buy games if they are 10 pound or lower unless they are games released in the last 6 months or so, then i may buy then if they are a good deal price.

Plus another rule i have is that i only started PC gaming at christmas 2012 , and used to own a 360 and PS3, and so my major new rule is to pretty much not buy any games that i have previously owned and completed, unless its something like the walking dead where i needed a new save to start season 2.

Stick to your wishlists people.

Tizoc

Man wonder how cheap the Humongous Entertainment Bundle will be during Steam...I'd def get it if it was under $50...

Woffls

Aww yeah. Just bought a 750 Ti SC as an upgrade from my 8800GT so I can actually play games now. I've also just finished hooking my PC up to my 42" Bravia and AV setup, and with this Xbox One controller it's going to be awesome to play through the last seven years of PC games that my rig couldn't handle :p

How are Valve going to hint Half Life 3 then? It would be super lame if they waited until the last day and they were like "yo, you just bought a ton of games, but you're not playing ANY of them because Half Life 3 is being released tomorrow. Suck it losers."

The last Holiday Sale made me realize that I already have all old games I want while the new ones are still too expensive, so I bought nothing. Hopefully this time the price'd finally drop enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom