• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President of videogaming: "Duke Nukem un-cancelled due to brave depiction of police officer abuse"

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Washington, D.C -- President of videogaming Ozzy P. Anderlots declared today in a press release that the eponymous Duke Nukem franchise is now officially "un-cancelled" in North America and Europe.

"While the Duke Nukem franchise has been ostracized in the past for certain misogynistic jokes, it is time to recognize how it is has always stood in solidarity with those victimized by Police Brutality. To center the game's plot around the invasion of "pig cops" was brave for its time and is an important cultural touchstone for the rest of us to learn from.
We take this moment to recognize Duke Nukem's longsuffering stand against systemic oppression."

Duke-Nukem-Pigcops-h.jpg

Numerous industry leaders were quick to vocalize their adoration for the long-running videogame series.

"Duke has always stood as a symbol for tolerance in the videogame industy," one Bloomberg videogame section writer said, asking to remain anonymous (but Buy His Book). "I am happy to have the same skincolor as a positive white male model when it comes to the topic of police brutality".

In response to the overwhelming support and praise for the videogame icon, King and CEO of Gearbox Software Randy Pitchford has announced an upcoming Duke Nukem: Police Brutality DLC pack for Borderlands 3™, adding that "gamers shouldn't be asked to play a looter-shooter without also supporting the political movements they deem important". No price was announced but he did confirm it would not be included in the recently-released Season Pass.

---

I'm glad we're finally giving that crewcut bastard his due.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Washington, D.C -- President of videogaming Ozzy P. Anderlots declared today in a press release that the eponymous Duke Nukem franchise is now officially "un-cancelled" in North America and Europe.

"While the Duke Nukem franchise has been ostracized in the past for certain misogynistic jokes, it is time to recognize how it is has always stood in solidarity with those victimized by Police Brutality. To center the game's plot around the invasion of "pig cops" was brave for its time and is an important cultural touchstone for the rest of us to learn from.
We take this moment to recognize Duke Nukem's longsuffering stand against systemic oppression."

Duke-Nukem-Pigcops-h.jpg

Numerous industry leaders were quick to vocalize their adoration for the long-running videogame series.

"Duke has always stood as a symbol for tolerance in the videogame industy," one Bloomberg videogame section writer said, asking to remain anonymous (but Buy His Book). "I am happy to have the same skincolor as a positive white male model when it comes to the topic of police brutality".

In response to the overwhelming support and praise for the videogame icon, King and CEO of Gearbox Software Randy Pitchford has announced an upcoming Duke Nukem: Police Brutality DLC pack for Borderlands 3™, adding that "gamers shouldn't be asked to play a looter-shooter without also supporting the political movements they deem important". No price was announced but he did confirm it would not be included in the recently-released Season Pass.

---

Did you write that yourself DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi ?

D.Final

Banned

Duke-Nukem-Pigcops-h.jpg

---

Awesome
This is definitely the Nukem

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

Duke-Nukem-Pigcops-h.jpg

---

I wonder what the original Duke Nukem team from the 90's would make of this. I think the game mocked on everything to some humorist extreme, but I fail to see how "look, they made cops like pigs...BLM" is relevant. Sounds more like the folks at Gearbox found something small and stupid in over analyzing a game which equals 💲💲💲

Top Bottom