President Trump confirms running for 2020 Re-election: "I love this job"

Oct 21, 2016
President Trump Shrugs Off Speculation He Might Not Run for Re-election in 2020: 'I Love This Job'
President Donald Trump brushed off speculation Thursday that he might choose to stand down instead of running for re-election in 2020, telling the New York Times in an interview: “I love this job.”
He also rejected the idea that he was personally profiting from the Presidency. “I lost massive amounts of money doing this job,” he said.
According to Forbes, Trump’s net worth dropped from $4.5 billion in 2015 to $3.1 billion in 2018, although Forbes reported that part of that drop could be because of deeper analysis of the President’s finances.
Trump added that he doubted he would face a Republican challenger for the party nomination. “I don’t see it,” he told the Times. “I have great support in the party.”
A lot expected this, but there were some rumors going around that he may not run for re-election. So Trump clarified that he will actually be running again and will be facing off against whoever the democrats choose to be their nominee.

However, there is ONE GOP guy that seems to be thinking of running against him though, but the party will probably reject him and go with Trump. If the party wanted Trump to leave they would have done it months ago, campaign season is already starting to it ma be true the party is fine with him despite the media saying otherwise.

Sep 4, 2018
i think he applied for re-election very soon after becoming president, which is unprecedented. as long as he is physically fit, able to maintain the rigorous touring and campaigning schedules, he'll be good. he has already proven quite apt at surviving scandal and wringing free publicity from nothing. 2020 is going to be an absolute media feeding frenzy.

this year and last year feels like his biggest low, the Russia stuff has been blowing up, and in a few years, people will be even more sick of hearing about it, if he is still in power, and especially if Mueller fails to deliver. the wall stuff, if he does not get it now, he can use it as a perennial carrot on a stick. i don't see that issue going away without Dems caving in some way.

Dems have a lot of good seeming candidates, but they love to shoot themselves in the foot. if we end up with another Tim Kaine they will lose.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2006
West Springfield, MA
www.youtube.com
Can't wait to watch this fat bloated moron lose and then cry about it on Twitter.
With as diluted as the Democratic Party is becoming, with every third member announcing their candidacy, I wouldn't be so sure that Trump is a lock to lose in 2020. The Democrats are a mess. There's no unity. Instead, there's a plethora of individuals professing their own ideas. If Republicans unite behind Trump-- at least on the surface-- that's going to be formidable.

It'll be an interesting POTUS election cycle, and, after 2016, I'll never again be surprised at any outcome.

Feb 21, 2018
Did he get Putins permission yet? I wonder how many FB adds the Russians are going to buy this time.

Is it like double jeopardy or can Mueller have 2 special counsel's to go after Trump for Russian collusion on 2 elections?

Apr 9, 2009
With as diluted as the Democratic Party is becoming, with every third member announcing their candidacy, I wouldn't be so sure that Trump is a lock to lose in 2020. The Democrats are a mess. There's no unity. Instead, there's a plethora of individuals professing their own ideas. If Republicans unite behind Trump-- at least on the surface-- that's going to be formidable.
You're not wrong but I'd like to point out that people said the same thing about 2016, almost word for word, but with the parties reversed. You'll recall the clusterfuck that was the republican primary field. People also echoed that same sentiment of democrats being the ones who fall in line and ultimately back the candidate. So much for that.

Anything can happen. Just look at who our commander in chief is and tell me otherwise lol

Nov 19, 2006
West Springfield, MA
www.youtube.com
You're not wrong but I'd like to point out that people said the same thing about 2016, almost word for word, but with the parties reversed. You'll recall the clusterfuck that was the republican primary field. People also echoed that same sentiment of democrats being the ones who fall in line and ultimately back the candidate. So much for that.

Anything can happen. Just look at who our commander in chief is and tell me otherwise lol
For sure! Hell, I'm not dumb enough to handicap the field. For all I know, Wile E. Coyote could run and win. (For the record, he'd have my vote.) It's a fascinating time for politics, despite the overly binary sense of it all. It's like Ian Malcolm's Chaos Theory. Democrats could unite once a candidate comes out of the mess of competitors against the forces of Trump. As someone who doesn't get overly emotional at POTUS campaigns and results, I'm just going to be looking forward to seeing who winds up winning-- and how the winner got there.

Aug 30, 2018
2020?

Jeb got it locked

We can only hope Jeb stays out of this one, otherwise Trump will have a tough fight ahead of him.

Anyway, on topic, can't wait to cast another vote for Trump. This election will be something else, the media is going to pull out all the stops. The interference the media ran for Hillary will look like amateur hour compared to this time around.

Dec 11, 2018

It'll be an interesting POTUS election cycle, and, after 2016, I'll never again be surprised at any outcome.
The thing that made the Democrats a mess last cycle was the DNC trying to facilitate "unity." They wanted unity around Clinton very early on so as to clear the primary field and focus on the presidential election. That totally backfired. Trump could have been beaten easily if the DNC hadn't hand-picked their candidate.

Let's see if they try that stunt again.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Would this be a bad time to relive the "Trump can't win" compilations?

As an outsider looking in, I loved the fact that he upset the established order. I don't have much love for filthy rich businessmen pissing into gold toilets, but I have far less of it for double-speaking politicians doing more to serve their corporate donors than their constituents. If the Dems are aiming to go back to the pre-Trump days then I'll want to see him stick around for a second term.

Mar 12, 2014
Would this be a bad time to relive the "Trump can't win" compilations?

As an outsider looking in, I loved the fact that he upset the established order. I don't have much love for filthy rich businessmen pissing into gold toilets, but I have far less of it for double-speaking politicians doing more to serve their corporate donors than their constituents. If the Dems are aiming to go back to the pre-Trump days then I'll want to see him stick around for a second term.
I think I'm more concerned with the Dem's post-Trump days than the pre-Trump days. In the last couple weeks alone they have been doubling down on each other as to when its ok to murder children. The VA dems are now on board with after delivery. Scary shit.

Oct 21, 2018
Republicans seem to forget just how many people were running in their party before they settled on Trump.

I don't have much love for filthy rich businessmen pissing into gold toilets, but I have far less of it for double-speaking politicians doing more to serve their corporate donors than their constituents. If the Dems are aiming to go back to the pre-Trump days then I'll want to see him stick around for a second term.
If you think Trump is not "double-speaking" or does not serve any "corporate donors" (or interests) then that's hilarious.

The VA dems are now on board with after delivery. Scary shit.
That's false, objectively speaking, but as expected it is quickly becoming the great GOP battle cry.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
Can't wait to watch this fat bloated moron lose and then cry about it on Twitter.
You mean like you and the entire left base has done for the last two years?
Literally behaving about a hundred times worse than anything democrats smugly predicted republicans would behave when they would lose to Hillary?
Screaming and crying for over two years, so called democrat and media elites demanding racism against white people for the crime of not voting for the war hawk Hillary, demanding censorship, demanding rule changes for elections, demanding a coup, demanding court stuffing, blatant in your face election fraud/vote harvesting, demanding no political support for trump or even public display of pro trump paraphernalia, handing over womens rights movements to blatant islamists and antisemites, demand the literal murder of the president routinely, literal insane people screaming and throwing around tantrums for over two years from the dumbest leftists that social studies has ever produced up to politicians and Hollywood actors to the point it is now a mental sickness?
Yeah no matter if Trump wins or loses, there is nothing and i mean absolutely 100% NOTHING Trump or republicans can do as response that even approaches the insanity we have seen from the left, the undignified behaviour, the purely disgusting behaviour, the sheer blatant racism and in your face stupidity.
No matter the response to any result losing or winning it could never ever be lower than what the left base has done because you all as a matter of fact have reached rock bottom a year ago already.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2011
Let's hope he doesn't make it through the primaries. I'm hoping for him to step down due to legal issues and leave Pence as the new Gerald Ford.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
The thing that made the Democrats a mess last cycle was the DNC trying to facilitate "unity." They wanted unity around Clinton very early on so as to clear the primary field and focus on the presidential election. That totally backfired. Trump could have been beaten easily if the DNC hadn't hand-picked their candidate.

Let's see if they try that stunt again.
They will perform that stunt again. And there is nothing you can do to stop them.

They will pick a centrist corporate that has good relations with the powerful corporations that donate the money that makes the DNC able to exist.
The candidate that can pull in the money and has a chance to win will get their support.
Don't forget, DNC still have all the super-delegates so there is that too.
Weren't you going to get rid of super-delegates after they sandered Sanders? Oh you forgot.

Anyone thinking that an anti-establishment anti-corporation delegate will get the primary is delusional
or wants to see the DNC sander their candidate for a second time.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
Would be lovely but 8 years of trump is going to be a thing.
I'm already resigning myself to the idea of Trump getting four more years, and the division of our country continuing to worsen.

It would be amazing if we could gain a new president in 2020 that would truly bring about much needed unity and healing to the US...or somehow Trump himself having a change of heart and begin bringing everyone together instead of furthering the divide. However, my hope in either of those events becoming reality is wearing thin.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
The only way for Trump to bring people together would be to send squadrons of B-1 bombers over US cities and blast every media organization to bits. It's not him that is fueling this never ending war on the presidency and the populace that voted him in. He's a symptom of a broken, divisive system, not the cause.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Glad to hear it. This all but guarantees a Dem victory as far as I am concerned.

Trump at his highest point couldn't even win the popular vote. Now he will be running after 4 years of a shitshow circus that has embarased the nation, harmed its diplomatic relations and set back the country at least a decade in many other areas. Not to mention it has driven his approval rating into the ground on multiple occasions along the way. Add on top of that the fact that the Mueller investigation should be done by then and its findings made public and this is gonna be an easy win for the Dems if Trump is the nominee. They won;t even have to campaign against him. He will provide all the negative press they need just like he has been doing for 3 years now.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018
I'm already resigning myself to the idea of Trump getting four more years, and the division of our country continuing to worsen.

It would be amazing if we could gain a new president in 2020 that would truly bring about much needed unity and healing to the US...or somehow Trump himself having a change of heart and begin bringing everyone together instead of furthering the divide. However, my hope in either of those events becoming reality is wearing thin.
I would be OK to lose Trump if it didn't mean allowing someone in that has an anti-free speech agenda and ultra-progressive outlook. After all, "progressive" is an entirely subjective matter, but we all know what that means.

My problem with all this is that people are taking issue with Trump the character, that he has orange skin, possibly fake hair, says things in a particular way and happens to be white and rich.

Would people be so outraged if he was a hot latino with suave words but had exactly the same policies? I don't think so. People just don't like the person because... who knows.

Every democrat was pro-wall, pro-barrier or whatever, but now it has become unpopular because it's Trump saying it. Have you guys ever considered you're being played by the elitist democrats? No? Not even a bit? Because they just seem to regurgitate whatever the left leaning masses want to hear.

May 22, 2018
My problem with all this is that people are taking issue with Trump the character, that he has orange skin, possibly fake hair, says things in a particular way and happens to be white and rich.

Would people be so outraged if he was a hot latino with suave words but had exactly the same policies? I don't think so. People just don't like the person because... who knows.
People do not hate Trump because he is a rich white guy. They don't need to. Not when he has provided an endless number of other reasons to hate him.

Between the racism, the sexism, the constant stream of provable lies, the intentional ignorance, the poor decision making, the horrible staffing decisions, the criminal shitshow that is his inner circle, etc etc there are plenty of reasons to hate his dumb ass.

Jun 12, 2009
Well he's effectively harmless when it comes to enacting his own policy, so yea, another 4 years of stagnation might be worthwhile to give Americans time to think before they come to their senses again.

In the meantime, just enjoy laughing at the big loser who keeps failing.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Well he's effectively harmless when it comes to enacting his own policy, so yea, another 4 years of stagnation might be worthwhile to give Americans time to think before they come to their senses again.

In the meantime, just enjoy laughing at the big loser who keeps failing.
This would be the first time I have heard anyone call the last two years stagnant.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I'm just talking about Trump's inability to properly deliver on his promises.
But he has been doing exactly what he has promised during the campaign.

Republicans botched “repeal and replace” pretty horribly. Border security is still up in the air. Other then that he has mostly just done what he said he was going to do and hit a lot of those ideas.

Dec 22, 2010
As expected. I abstained from voting in 2016 but hopefully I'll get to vote for a good candidate of my choice in 2020. Bring on universal healthcare and marijuana legalization!

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
If you think Trump is not "double-speaking" or does not serve any "corporate donors" (or interests) then that's hilarious.
There are no "If, then"s necessary. You have a year and a half worth of campaigning and the ensuing two years in office in the history books. Love him or hate him, Trump's fighting for what his voters wanted, for those campaign promises that got him elected. It wasn't all smoke and mirrors and it definitely isn't the doomsday scenario the so-called experts warned everyone about.

I don't think the division will be as stark in 2021 if Trump manages to win re-election because it'll mean that dark cloud of Russian collusion will be dead, that's going to change the tone both in the media and the country at large since social media platforms have been amplifying the overwhelmingly negative messaging.

Oct 21, 2018
There are no "If, then"s necessary. You have a year and a half worth of campaigning and the ensuing two years in office in the history books. Love him or hate him, Trump's fighting for what his voters wanted, for those campaign promises that got him elected. It wasn't all smoke and mirrors and it definitely isn't the doomsday scenario the so-called experts warned everyone about.
Not a doomsday scenario, perhaps, but still not a clean set of accomplishments. He did fulfill some promises, sure, though certainly not all of them. Coal is not coming back. Trump also promised better healthcare, but the Republican bills were quite bad and weren't going to do what he said. You can find any number of other failures, exaggerations, delays or outright lies. And that, either way, doesn't change the fact he was still acting in various ways that benefit corporations at the expense of the environment, etc. Admittedly, some of his voters might share that same pro-corporate ideology. Others are just too aloof to care.

Was there any doubt? He never stopped campaigning, it's all he actually enjoys about the job.
It makes me envy countries where there are formal limits on how and when sitting presidents can campaign.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
I wish we had a better republican candidate representing us in the general election in 2020. I strongly like Trump's ideas but not his way of going about things. If we had just a candidate who wanted all the same policies (for the most part) but was more savvy and public friendly, it would be amazing

May 1, 2012
If we had just a candidate who wanted all the same policies (for the most part) but was more savvy and public friendly, it would be amazing
Yeah, yeah, (s)he would have been drowned in mass media shitstorms. The whole idea of a "white glove Republican" is a bullshit sold to you by the media to have an easy target.