President Trump confirms running for 2020 Re-election: "I love this job"

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Glad to hear it. This all but guarantees a Dem victory as far as I am concerned.

Trump at his highest point couldn't even win the popular vote. Now he will be running after 4 years of a shitshow circus that has embarased the nation, harmed its diplomatic relations and set back the country at least a decade in many other areas. Not to mention it has driven his approval rating into the ground on multiple occasions along the way. Add on top of that the fact that the Mueller investigation should be done by then and its findings made public and this is gonna be an easy win for the Dems if Trump is the nominee. They won;t even have to campaign against him. He will provide all the negative press they need just like he has been doing for 3 years now.
They will have to come up with a believable program and a promise for the future that extends beyond "I am not Trump" and "I am a woman" though. Clinton was a terrible candidate and if the Democrats pick a similarly bad candidate, then I can sadly see Trump winning also his second election. You need to keep in mind that there always is a huge bonus for people already in the office. Clinton could at least state that Trump has no experience and is thus unqualified as a president. After four years in the office this line will not work anymore. I really think Trump's chances are better this time around than last time, without knowing the democrat's candidate.

The democrats need to get their act together, nominate a good candidate with a strong promise for the future and not repeat the shitshow from the last election. It is important not only for the US, but for the world.

May 22, 2018
They will have to come up with a believable program and a promise for the future that extends beyond "I am not Trump" and "I am a woman" though. Clinton was a terrible candidate and if the Democrats pick a similarly bad candidate, then I can sadly see Trump winning also his second election. You need to keep in mind that there always is a huge bonus for people already in the office. Clinton could at least state that Trump has no experience and is thus unqualified as a president. After four years in the office this line will not work anymore. I really think Trump's chances are better this time around than last time, without knowing the democrat's candidate.

The democrats need to get their act together, nominate a good candidate with a strong promise for the future and not repeat the shitshow from the last election. It is important not only for the US, but for the world.
Agreed. Clinton and the entire shitshow that surrounded her needs to be left behind. The Dems needs a fresh face who has a solid plan. Thats all they need in my opinion to beat Trump at this point. There is just too much negative baggage that Trump is carrying now that is weighing him down. He will get alot of votes from his base of course, but if the Dems can put forward a strong candidate with a good VP I think they will pull the independents and other fence sitters over to their side.

But obviously we are so far out that its kind of pointless to speculate. Alot can happen in a year or so.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Beating Trump would be easy by running a moderate Democrat with some good ideas. Someone that makes people think “this person’s ideas aren’t that bad and they don’t sound like a Twitter buffoon”. Come up with a reasonable plan for healthcare and immigration. I think that would pull enough voters in for an easy victory. The far left people might not be happy, but they’ll still vote against Trump anyway.

Democrats will probably run one of the free everything for everyone, defund ICE, etc. candidates that a lot of people don’t relate to though.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Beating Trump would be easy by running a moderate Democrat with some good ideas. Someone that makes people think “this person’s ideas aren’t that bad and they don’t sound like a Twitter buffoon”. Come up with a reasonable plan for healthcare and immigration. I think that would pull enough voters in for an easy victory. The far left people might not be happy, but they’ll still vote against Trump anyway.

Democrats will probably run one of the free everything for everyone, defund ICE, etc. candidates that a lot of people don’t relate to though.
Moderates do not necessarily yield better results. A candidate must be authentic and have an idea that captivates people. Sanders, in terms of the US political landscape, is not a moderate, but I think he could be a good candidate (with a well-chosen vp candidate); he would have at least been the much better choice than the moderate-but-inauthentic Clinton who had not good offer for the people and lacked passion.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Moderates do not necessarily yield better results. A candidate must be authentic and have an idea that captivates people. Sanders, in terms of the US political landscape, is not a moderate, but I think he could be a good candidate (with a well-chosen vp candidate); he would have at least been the much better choice than the moderate-but-inauthentic Clinton who had not good offer for the people and lacked passion.
I am looking ahead to 2020 now and framed my post on what I feel would work best in the current political landscape. I agree that Clinton was a really bad choice in 2016.

Dec 18, 2018
If the Democrats run a candidate who doesn't despise white people and doesn't hate traditional America, then they will win.

However, the Democratic base would reject such a candidate during the primary process. Catch-22.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I attacked a political party. Don't try to spin this as me personally insulting you.
Your issue is that you're stuck in the tribal mindset of political warfare. People aren't tired of the democratic party, and framing the issue through the lens of identities, rather than beliefs, is a harmful stereotype that reinforces what SJWs think about Trump supporters.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
Not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying there is no choice now but to use identity politics (or just lose if you don't).
No, you're absolutely wrong, and if you support making decisions about people based on their identities you represent everything that is wrong with the far left. Playing that game is how we all lose.

Dec 22, 2010
Oh really? Seems like that's how the left always wins.
And therein lies the dilemma. Playing into sides about winning or losing versus policies you desire. The tribalistic nature of the binary American political system has led to this strange "us vs them" ongoing political and cultural war that has warped discussion, drives reasonable discourse away and alienates or antagonizes any kind of centrist leaning position. Throw that into online forums where left vs right is different for nearly every single country and I'm not sure what the end goal is if people can't break away.

If you seek conflict you will always find it. If you seek out agendas they will always reveal themselves to you.

Dec 18, 2018
I'm saying a fundamental change is developing in USA politics. Focusing on "policies" is now a losing proposition.

No one really gives a shit about policies. Instead they simply vote for the candidate who looks like them, trusting that someone of their tribe will implement policies that benefit them.

Democrats go wild appealing to black/latino tribalism. Republicans will have to appeal to a white identity (paint themselves as "the white party") or lose.

Does that mean I love the current state of affairs? No. But tax cuts for the rich and endless war ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Sep 19, 2018
Glad to hear it. This all but guarantees a Dem victory as far as I am concerned.

Trump at his highest point couldn't even win the popular vote. Now he will be running after 4 years of a shitshow circus that has embarased the nation, harmed its diplomatic relations and set back the country at least a decade in many other areas. Not to mention it has driven his approval rating into the ground on multiple occasions along the way. Add on top of that the fact that the Mueller investigation should be done by then and its findings made public and this is gonna be an easy win for the Dems if Trump is the nominee. They won;t even have to campaign against him. He will provide all the negative press they need just like he has been doing for 3 years now.
This. Many sane people are sick & tired of him & his bullshit. That's one of the very reasons why Republicans/GOP have lost the House of Representatives, because they have failed to keep Trump in check, & allowed him to do whatever he wants to do in regards to fucking up people's rights along with this entire country.

If the midterms are anything to go by, it should be swell. If the economy collapses before November 2020, then it's not going to matter which Democrat nominee runs against Trump for 2020 (given that he's not primaried by his own party); The majority of people are going to vote his ass out completely.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2009
I'm saying a fundamental change is developing in USA politics. Focusing on "policies" is now a losing proposition.

No one really gives a shit about policies. Instead they simply vote for the candidate who looks like them, trusting that someone of their tribe will implement policies that benefit them.

Democrats go wild appealing to black/latino tribalism. Republicans will have to appeal to a white identity (paint themselves as "the white party") or lose.

Does that mean I love the current state of affairs? No. But tax cuts for the rich and endless war ain't gonna cut it anymore.

I think you're confusing hating all of Trump's policies irregardless, with not caring about policy at all. There is a difference. Democrats love policy and have plenty of political goals.

I think you have a hangup about racial and sex inclusion, considering that AOC gets a lot of pushback from her own party. There is no universal buy-in when inclusion is involved, even though Democrats are inclusive.

Catphish

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2017
Chicago, IL, USA

I remember being similarly confident about 3 years ago.

Oct 29, 2014
He likes it because he gets to watch Fox News and tweet all day.

Um, I'm quite serious. The Dems are the party of gay/black/latinx/trans plus tech billionaires. People are getting tired of it.

Normal Americans are repulsed by this stuff.
So the republican party is the party of homophobes & racists. Got it!

I think you are wrong on billionnaires though. Trump love these just as much, just look at his cabinet, and the tax breaks he gave them. Also, Putin.

Sep 4, 2018
it's basically the Dem's election to lose, which, tbh, they have shown themselves to be more than capable of shooting themselves in the foot.

i think a lot of it will depend on how much the intra-fighting turns people away. 2016 had liberals smearing leftists as "Bernie Bros." and actively turning people away from voting. so long as they run with "Are you good enough to vote for us? I'm not so sure" they will loose.

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
I wish we had a better republican candidate representing us in the general election in 2020. I strongly like Trump's ideas but not his way of going about things. If we had just a candidate who wanted all the same policies (for the most part) but was more savvy and public friendly, it would be amazing
I am kind of hoping for a republican primary challenger. The debate would be funny, they could just agree with everything Trump says, but promise to never make a twitter account.

Mar 12, 2014
I am kind of hoping for a republican primary challenger. The debate would be funny, they could just agree with everything Trump says, but promise to never make a twitter account.
I'm not expecting a serious threat from within the party, but I'm more than happy to watch the primary debates if it happens. They are gold - his "Only Rosie" line was the best line in any debate ever bar none.

Jun 20, 2018

I think you are wrong on billionnaires though. Trump love these just as much, just look at his cabinet, and the tax breaks he gave them. Also, Putin.
It will take some time for trump to reach the level of "lets hire the people responsible for the financial crash instead of locking them up lolol" obama or the mutual ass kissing of silicon valley tech psychopaths and the left, also i am not sure putin appreciates trump constantly shitting on Europe for using Russian gas... you know Russias life line or that the US is turning slowly into a energy exporter under trump.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014

These type of posts make me question if a warm body is behind them. It reads like a Mad Libs.

So the republican party is the party of _____ & _____ (worst types of people). _______ (snappy one liner)!

I think you are wrong on ________ (people you dislike) though. Trump love these just as much, just look at his ______ (people associated with Trump), and the _______ (evil thing Trump did) he gave them. Also, ______ (vague reference to something Trump apparently did).

Dec 18, 2018
I think you're confusing hating all of Trump's policies irregardless, with not caring about policy at all. There is a difference. Democrats love policy and have plenty of political goals.

I think you have a hangup about racial and sex inclusion, considering that AOC gets a lot of pushback from her own party. There is no universal buy-in when inclusion is involved, even though Democrats are inclusive.

Well if you're saying people just hate everything Trump does regardless of what his policies actually are, then you're supporting what I said: That it's not about policies, it's about tribal loyalties (or perceived tribes).

Democrats talk about policies, sure. But it's shallow feel-good stuff, just window dressing for the real message, which is: "We are the female, gay, black, latino party. We are your tribe. We understand you. Those white male Republicans don't understand your problems, they didn't grow up black or whatever." No one cares about the policies.

AOC was elected not because of her policies, but because she was Latino, running in a Latino district. Tribal loyalties are becoming more pronounced - in other words people are voting for the candidate that looks like them.

Dec 18, 2018

Sure, the establishment Repubs gave out a tax cut...not only to billionaires, in fact I got $300 a month which isn't shabby. But you might notice that while the Repubs did the tax cut, that was something they would have done anyway. It had nothing to do with Trump. What Trump wanted was the border wall and an Obamacare repeal. They did not help him do either one.

So the Repubs' donors and Paul Ryan got what they wanted, while Trump got nothing.

Also Putin has nothing to do with anything. He's just a boogeyman used by the Democrats to scare people.

As for homophobes and racists, I notice liberals never have any good argument other than yelling RACIST! You might want to consider what happens once people just stop giving a shit about being called racist....

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2009
Well if you're saying people just hate everything Trump does regardless of what his policies actually are, then you're supporting what I said: That it's not about policies, it's about tribal loyalties (or perceived tribes).

Democrats talk about policies, sure. But it's shallow feel-good stuff, just window dressing for the real message, which is: "We are the female, gay, black, latino party. We are your tribe. We understand you. Those white male Republicans don't understand your problems, they didn't grow up black or whatever." No one cares about the policies.

AOC was elected not because of her policies, but because she was Latino, running in a Latino district. Tribal loyalties are becoming more pronounced - in other words people are voting for the candidate that looks like them.
Yeah this post is all wrong.

Liberals don't do anything in unison but the standard Democrat vs Republican affair. Dems push inclusion to find a way to unify the micro factors and win elections. With Democrats you're finding away to glue together a bunch of shattered pieces of glass. Republicans just have 3-5 large pieces of glass to glue together.

AOC was elected because she's fearless, is an agent of change, and represents the very left. Her being Latina paints a different picture about the strategy of the Democratic party, as well as of the motions of society.

For Democrats policy is King. Wait until the campaign season kicks in, you'll see.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2016
Trump clearly does not love this job. He has, however, been collecting campaign funds for 2 years and is using the office to enrich himself, so yeah.

Jan 18, 2017
I’ll vote in 2020, I’ll admit I didn’t vote in 2016 since I thought he was for sure not gonna win an that nobody really believed him....