• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News President Trump convinces Bahrain to recognize Israel

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
Yay! Another country Israel was not at war with signing documents to improve its business relationships.

• Empathy
Reactions: Arkam
Yay! Another country Israel was not at war with signing documents to improve its business relationships.
Normalizing relations is the first step to stop these counties from "othering" each other. This is nothing but a good thing.

verb
gerund or present participle: othering
  1. view or treat (a person or group of people) as intrinsically different from and alien to oneself.
    "a critique of the ways in which the elderly are othered by society"

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I will. Call me when Trump gets Israel and the PA to normalize relations.
You sneered at "business relationships", but what do you think the first thing countries do when they normalize relationships with one another? Pick seats next to each other at the Olympics?

Hint: most relations between all countries on earth are economical in nature.

Your ignorance is always fun to poke at, though. Your ideology will be the butt of jokes for decades, you might as well grit your teeth and get used to it.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
When massive forest fires break out do the firefighters try to extinguish every square inch all at once? Or do they strategically get it under control until its manageable?

Reactions: CloudNull

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
You sneered at "business relationships", but what do you think the first thing countries do when they normalize relationships with one another? Pick seats next to each other at the Olympics?

Hint: most relations between all countries on earth are economical in nature.

Your ignorance is always fun to poke at, though. Your ideology will be the butt of jokes for decades, you might as well grit your teeth and get used to it.
They weren't at war. Bahrain is one of the smallest countries on earth and most Americans could not point it out on a map but if you want to count this as a huge diplomatic victory for Trump, go right ahead.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The fact that Trump's cheerleaders are lauding this just underscores his lack of diplomatic accomplishments. The election is less than two months away.. he's going to need to do a lot more if he wants to be remembered as any sort of statesman.
You're backing Biden and think the Democrat party isn't going through a civil war... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Thanks for the amusement, as always. I love when lefties act as if they still determine the public narrative.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The election is less than two months away.. he's going to need to do a lot more if he wants to be remembered as any sort of statesman.

He was nominated for a second Nobel Peace Price (source: The Hill) and, personally speaking, it seems to highlight a stark difference between Republicans and Democrats: one has to work much harder to achieve the same recognition.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
They already have them, its called the Oslo accords singed by Bill Clinton. PA and Israel coordinated on a daily basis.

Now as for the rest of the ME they may not be at a hot war, but these states did not recognize Israel or have any formal relations with them. So it may as well be a cold war.

Not sure how old you are but seeing the day when Arab/Muslim states start recognizing Israel and normalizing relations was something many though may never actually happen.

You can try and spin it anyway you can but its something that hasn't been done since 1994.

They already have them, its called the Oslo accords singed by Bill Clinton. PA and Israel coordinated on a daily basis.

Now as for the rest of the ME they may not be at a hot war, but these states did not recognize Israel or have any formal relations with them. So it may as well be a cold war.

Not sure how old you are but seeing the day when Arab/Muslim states start recognizing Israel and normalizing relations was something many though may never actually happen.

You can try and spin it anyway you can but its something that hasn't been done since 1994.
As an over 40 year old, this really does look amazing. I wouldn't care who was doing it left or right, it shows an actual commitment to maybe making things better in that region, which has been a nightmare for my entire life.

I don't think Israel is some perfect nation that's never done wrong, but then again no country is without faults. The stated aim of so many Arab states was the complete and utter destruction of Israel.. to hopefully be changing that, however small at first, is a damn good thing for everyone.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Must suck to see a WWE Hall of Famer, Reality TV Star, and Real Estate Mogul (holla!!!) pull off great feats of diplomacy... what the globalist warhawks from Obama on down failed to do.

From Reagan & Gorbachev, to Trump & Israel / UAE. The cabal is going to look like a stain on the world for decades to come.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
This is not a trade deal. It's one country recognizing the existence of another.

Do you want a more peaceful middle east? Or do you want more of the middle eastern cold wars and frigid relations. Pick one.

By the way, if Biden wins and American troops are back on the ground in Syria, I am bumping this thread and rubbing your face in it. To have this type of attitude after 16 years of bullshit is amazing

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
This is not a trade deal. It's one country recognizing the existence of another.

Do you want a more peaceful middle east? Or do you want more of the middle eastern cold wars and frigid relations. Pick one.

By the way, if Biden wins and American troops are back on the ground in Syria, I am bumping this thread and rubbing your face in it. To have this type of attitude after 16 years of bullshit is amazing
Pretty sure he professed his vote for Biden, so that answers your question.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
For once I can be earnest in saying Thanks Obama!

If it wasn't for Obamas dick sucking of the Mullahas and paying them billions for the ass ramming known as the Iran Nuclear deal, the rest of the ME wouldn't of turned towards Israel.

Maybe Obama did earn his nobel prize. By enabling the biggest threat and terrorist state in the region, he pushed life long enemies into each others arms.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
They weren't at war. Bahrain is one of the smallest countries on earth and most Americans could not point it out on a map but if you want to count this as a huge diplomatic victory for Trump, go right ahead.
I'm going to take you to task for this until I'm blue in the face. This is a huge deal. I don't care what size a country is(yes I can point it out on a map)nor should you. What is happening right now is something I never thought would happen in my lifetime.

If you don't understand, and cannot see why this is a big deal, and how it will affect future happenings in the Middle East, then you flunked several important classes in any schooling you've had. I don't want to be confrontational but even attempting to downplay this is grand scale ignorance. I'm not sure you even understand what is actually happening here with some of the things you've already said.

This could lead to much, much bigger things but for right now, this is huge.

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
The point isn’t stopping a war that does or does not exist. It’s about sending messages. These countries are showing a commitment to Israel and defending its right to exist. It’s establishing that Israel is just as important as Palestine and further delegitimizing the ridiculous demands of the PA.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, this is the path to peace in the Middle East. Trump deserves credit for something that two Bushes, a Clinton, an Obama, and even a Reagan were unable to accomplish.we could go back further than that. Every president has intended to accomplish something in the department, but Trump has had much more success than most.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Wow. Lived in Bahrain before and I never thought I would see them have relations with Israel so this is great news. Though Bahrain is more "liberal" than most of the Gulf states. My dad had to get a separate passport during our time there.

More peace is what we need and hopefully, that will extend to the Palestinians.

Last edited: